December 19, 2014 | 1627 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous, gorgeous moisturizer and smells good enough to eat! This is great for my dry sensitive skin - I flake a lot in the winter but still suffer from breakouts if i use the wrong product, so a gentle yet hard-working product has been hard to find. This leaves my skin calm, soft and supple and the moisturizing effect lasts throughout the day. I have to be careful not to use too much to avoid looking oily - a little goes a long way. I switch this with paradise regained in the summer because I find it too heavy, although it's great as a rich aftersun after a day on the beach.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

Moisturizes, and smells soooo good! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by xXHugaholicXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the HARDEST time looking for a moisturizer that won't break out my skin.
Hallelujah I FOUND ONE!!!

It's not as expensive as other Lush facial moisturizers but it definitely works for me :) ever since I started using this, those annoying dry white flakes have disappeared :)

It's still rather expensive and all, but like all other lush products, a little does actually go a long way.

The scent is a very interesting mix of vanilla and almond/Snowcake soap. Celestial is really the perfect name :)

It isn't heavy or greasy for me at all, cause once again a little goes a long way :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent moisturiser. I bought two pots so far: the first one I gave to my mother who has really dry skin because I found it was too rich for me to wear during the day - I have combination skin, bit on the dry side, but at that point it was too heavy for me.
However because I loved the consistency and the heavenly smell of light vanilla I couldn't resist buying a 2nd pot and started using it at night. It really makes my skin feel soft and comforted in Winter.
It's not a cheap moisturiser but it lasts me a really long time (only a smidge to cover my whole face) and I find that the money is worth the ingredients you're getting.
Sure the packaging may not be too hygienic but I'm not a germ-freak and I always wash my hands before I take care of my face so it's not an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by kittystarze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE This stuff, im on my 4th jar and it is really my HG especially in the winter when my skin is screaming for moisture. It works wonders, i just wash my face or exfoliate and lather some of this on and my skin is really soft afterwards. I dont break out from this product and thats the best part since my skin is extremely senstive. The price is about 22 for a small jar which is definitely not cheap and the jar isnt that sanitary but i just make sure to wash my hands before using it. aside from that its great!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by jbyrd06

i was looking for a good winter moisturizer that had a nice coverage for my dry sensitive skin. i had previously had a a sample of skin drink and knew that wasn't for me. i was a little skeptical when the sales lady told me about celestial. after trying it for a week i was in love. it gives me enough mositure but not too much that it sits on my skin. it makes my face look healthy in the winter weather. i'm definitely a happy customer!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sunkissedtoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer didn't do anything for me. I was looking for a moisturizer that's specifically for sensitive skin, so I gave this a shot. The texture is very creamy and a little oily, and the smell is very nice. However, I tend to get dry patches around my mouth, and Celestial broke me out a couple times around my dry patches. Not a bad breakout, by any means, but little white pimples that came to a head overnight - annoying regardless!

I am going to use this as a body cream until I get to LUSH for some Skin Drink moisturizer (I got a sample of this and love it).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sandoz28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good (albeit basic) moisturizer. It works better as a barrier to keep moisture from escaping, rather than adding a lot of moisture to the skin.

CONS: It is somewhat greasy and I've never found it to really "soak in," no matter how dry my skin is. It simply sits on top of the skin. This is my least favorite Lush moisturizer--the others I've tried are much better moisturizers (Ultralight, Imperialis, Cosmetic Lad, Skin Nanny, and Skin's Shangri-La).

PROS: The smell is lovely; a lightly floral vanilla, and I personally like the Lush packaging as it allows you to fully use every bit of product you paid for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Nicola82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has saved my winter pregnancy skin. I used to be a combination skin girl and need something like Vanishing Cream (also by Lush) or Liz Earl's lightest moisturizer. However, my skin gradually got drier. First I used Gorgeous, which is nice but within a week my skin was calling out for quenching.

I've never been able to use a heavy moisturizer before. And this one is rich. I contains cocoa butter, something I'd never usually put on my face. But my skin was drying out so fast that about an hour after moisturizing, my skin was ITCHING! Celestial soothed the itching immediately and with regular use my skin is back to feeling pliable and soft. And not a clogged pore in sight!

If your skin is dry and itchy feeling, go for it. I'd imagine that other ladies would benefit from this in pregnancy too (if your skin's got drier) - not least due to the yummy vanilla scent. It smells divine to me! Never loved vanilla before, but 7 months pregnant and I can't get enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Mia1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! It is a life saver on cold winters when my dry and sensitive skin usually dries out really bad, this is by far the best moisturizer that I had found. It makes my skin glow and feel very smooth, I can even see how it makes my skin more beautiful, and it hasn't broke my skin out (I have use it for about a year). It smells just delicious, makes me almost wanting to eat it, heh. At summer time it although may be a little too oily and heavy, especially for those with normal or oily skin type.