September 20, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by suzzel

Best hand creme I have ever used. It protects without feeling greasy or sweaty, and gets my hands from rough to smooth in about 2 days.
I'm a massage therapist and wash and sanitize my hands 6-10 times a day, so this really helps.
The big drawback is the price - w/ hands it's more important to moisturize frequently than to moisturize well, and you don't want to do that w/ this stuff. So chances are I won't repurchase, after all... we'll see.
Big Kiehls-fan anyway - high quality ingredients, generous with samples, and never test on animals.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by assenav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, it works fine as a handcream, but nothing amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by vanillacupcake

I really don't know what I think about this handcream (they need a 'Not sure' option here on MUA for the would you repurchase question). As I am looking for a new handcream, I tried this in Kiehl's today.

I did not like how it felt when I first applied it - it felt like it didn't sink in to my skin for a good 10-15 minutes. It isn't greasy, which is good. The eucalyptus smell was a lilttle offputting at first but I could get used to it.

Tonight, though, my hands are feeling really moisturised and soft. So I don't know whether I would buy this again or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by candicecc

i'm very particular about hand cream, and i can honestly say that this is the best one i've used to date. moisturizes so well without any greasy residue. leaves all dry spots (especially cuticles) looking hydrated and smooth. kind of expensive, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by SqueakyClean

This is a great hand cream - it really protects your hands and doesn't leave them all greasy. This is the only hand cream I can use at work without having to worry about gettng the keyboard and mouse all greasy and slippery afterwords. The scent is a bit strong when you first put it on, but fades very quickly, so I don't worry about offending anyone with the smell. It's great for dry winter weather!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jessiewillcox

Great-smelling (I like eucalyptus!) salve!! Absorbs extremely quickly and works really well even when you apply it to dry [i.e.--not-yet washed] hands. It works extremely well after handwashing too. A little goes a long way. At home I use unscented drugstore products like Eucerin or Aveeno, but on the go, the Kiehls makes my hands feel great right away. I have repurchased this before and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jill849

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally! a great hand cream for the winter that soaks right in and doesn't leave a dreaded greasy film

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by pinaychic

this lotion keeps my hands moisturize. it is not thick or greasy. perfect for dry hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Ultimate Strength Hand Salve! If you want to feel refreshed throughout the day just give your mitts a good scrub or through cleansing and then add this hand creme as the final part of your routine, it will make you feel like a million bucks. It is not greasy, and absorbs pretty quick. I would prefer it without the fragrance though, but I didn't take a lippie off since it doesn't necessarily stink.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok the packaging is boring, the scent medicinal and its rather expensive (so one lippy off for that) - but this saved my hands! Lovely thick comforting, soothing texture on my dry, sore outdoorsy winter hands. LOVE this handcream!!!