Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

2.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%) (sunscreen), Octocrylene (10%) (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water Purified, Diisopropyl Adipate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glycerin, Polymethylmethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer 940, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine

This broke me out so badly that I actually took pictures and sent it to the company in an e-mail. They responded with a phone call and had a health team member speak to me. They suggested that breakouts were due to a reaction to the sunscreen and that 20% of users would get this.

20%?! My immediate reaction on the phone was to ask why a warning was not indicated on the bottle if such a high percentage was affected. The associate had no answer and I stopped using cetaphil products. Even though I used to like their gental face wash - I will not go back to this company.

It took my skin 8 months to recover from the red, bumpy rash and subsequent break outs/scars this product caused after being on my skin once for 5 minutes.

Cetaphil's Daily Facial Moisturizer is a great product for people who don't have sensitive skin. It moisturizes while providing adequate sun protection (SPF 15). FYI - it can leave behind a shine. I really like that it's fragrance-free. My main problem with this moisturizer is the silicone content. Good product - just wished it was more natural.

on 7/6/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this mainly for the sunscreen since it has a high level of octocrylene to stabilize the avobenzone. I used to use Neutrogene Ultra Sheer sunscreen but this Cetaphil product has the avobenzone more stabilized. I don't really care about the moisturizing part. I read a lot of reviews saying that it stung their eyes but that's because of the avobenzone getting into their eyes which tends to happen when you sweat. As for the skin itself, it hasn't stung my face at all and I've been using Retin-A and benzoyl peroxide, so my skin is super sensitive.

on 6/24/2012 7:22:00 AM

This thing doesnt break me out which is amazing since I have acne prone skin. It definitely moisturize my skin in the morning after I cleanse it with the oatmeal method lol. A small amount goes a long way, I dont use a lot. This product doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all. I really like this stuff, plus it lasts me about a year or more. It's amazing! :) I bought mines at CVS for $12-14

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great basic moisturizer. Wouldn't recommend for dry skin - I find I have to use something a bit richer in winter months. Never had any problems with breakouts. Will repurchase again and again!

on 6/21/2012 10:47:00 AM

It was a pretty good moisturizer, but broke me out

on 6/16/2012 9:52:00 PM

This stuff burns like hell if you get it anywhere near your eyes! It's not doing great things for my skin, and I find it to be a little greasy. Not doing it for me.

on 6/13/2012 8:24:00 PM

This moisturizer works for me since I have combination/dry skin. It moisturizes better than the clinique dramatically different lotion. I also use it as sunscreen since I don't like the super greasy feeling of most ss. It absorbs well but it does sting a bit after exfoliating. I don't have super sensitive skin so it hasn't broken me out. The packaging is awesome too. I'm almost out and I will repurchase.

on 6/3/2012 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I must be allergic to this because my lips where it touched look like they have a burn on them and my cheeks have a hivelike rash. This was attempt number 2, and I am NOT happy with this product at all. It was supposed to be some Holy Grail for sensitive skin, and this really wasn't even remotely close to it.

on 5/24/2012 12:58:00 PM

I am quite disappointed with this moisturizer. Never use any Cetaphil product before but heard so many good things about it so i decided to give it a try. I have combination toward oily skin, I don't think this moisturizer provide enough moisturizing since my skin still feel dry after applying it. The worse problem is it kinda stings my face, i would have this stinging feeling all day. It just feel uncomfortable.