April 25, 2014 | 931 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo for my golden brown colored hair in the hope it would protect the color but I am dissapointed. My hair has faded quite significantly. Therefore I wouldn't recommend this for color-treated hair. Apart from that I thought it was I good shampoo - nice smell, good lather etc and my hair felt nice afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by lindsaylew1986

I loved this shampoo, but it does not protect my color at all. It makes your hair feel very soft and it is moisturizing. I have dark brown color treated hair, and this shampoo faded my color after only a few washes. Would recommend only for lightened or non color treated hair as other reviewers have said too! nice smell

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by hellodolly18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this line: cheap and effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer using this in the winter season specifically due to the reason that it is more moisturizing. My hair is combination (oily in the roots and dry at th ends) and I find that using this in the winter really helps my dry ends. It is a big heavy for the summer months though as it weighs my hair down.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

i dont think this shampoo is anything amazing. Im not sure if it stripped out my dyed brown colour or not, but what I do know is that it smells gorgeous and moreish!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:48:00 PM More reviews by llamagirl

I used this on my virgin, medium brown hair....
Anyway, i love this shampoo and conditioner!
My hair is shiny, really smooth and soft, the smell is yummy but subtle and it brings out my highlights alot!
I honestly can't think of somethign bad about it,.
I will continue to buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by whitney88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this shampoo. When I dyed my hair a dark brown, I purchased this shampoo so the color wouldn't wash out fast. It makes my hair feel so smooth and silky. It does help my hair color, but it still washes out pretty fast (it just might be my hair). Many people said that they smell is bad, but I like it. In the end, I will continue to use this shampoo while I continue to dye my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by bambi53

I didn't like this shampoo that much. I didn't feel like my hair was total clean, I didn't like the smell, and it didn't do anything to my hair. It didn't give me any shine at all. I think the prise is too high, for that shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by fdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very moisturizing shampoo with a nice smell and good lather. My hair smells good after using it and it adds a nice shine. It doesnt weight my hair down at all which is great (especially for a moisturizing shampoo), but it does cut down on the volume somewhat. Overall great product for brunettes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

I love this stuff. decided to try the Brilliant Brunette line after being a Pantene girl for a couple years. Using that, my hair started looking really dull and thin, and the texture was almost wirey and fried feeling, despite not having colored my hair in probably 4 years. It was also coming out in handfulls in the shower, which is never a good thing, but the only reason I'd stuck with it for so long is because I loved the smell. Stupid. Anyhow, I picked up a bottle of the JF shampoo and conditioner after reading good reviews on the shine shock, and figured I'd try the whole line. All I can say is, I can't believe the difference in the texture of my hair. This stuff makes it smooth and so damn soft. It's so soft I want to touch it all day long, and I have to remind myself that people will think I'm nuts if I keep running my fingers through it. I can't say that it's amazingly shiny, but the texture is a vast improvement over the Pantene days. I don't love the smell, since I like more floral/fruity scents, but it's not sickening.
In an attempt to save a couple bucks and to see what the hype was about, I picked up Suave's knockoffs of this line, and I'm not particularly impressed. The smell is similar to the JF stuff, but it's as if someone added cheap men's aftershave to it, and it doesn't leave my hair nearly as soft. I don't think I'll be straying from this for a long time, if I can help it. continued >>