Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Mascara

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is good if you're looking for a natural or subtle eyelash look. It does not provide a great amount of length or volume and can be clumpy if not applied VERY carefully. Its buildable, but again only if you're really careful. I would not recommend this mascara if you're not willing to spend time working with it. There are superior mascaras for similarly cheap prices that I would personally recommend over this...like loreal voluminous, cover girl lash blast (original), maybelline stiletto, etc, etc.

on 11/11/2010 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know if I got a bad batch or the likes but this left me with 3 lashes. I had all of my lashes just clump together into three separate lashes. I threw this out shortly after using it the first time.

on 11/3/2010 6:27:00 AM

A hidden gem. I used to use this and loved it for the look and lasting power, but was fickle and wanted to try pricier brands. Big mistake! Although Clinique Lash Power is my HG for waterproof wear, this mascara is way better than department store ones at 3 times the price! Both Bobbi Brown and Mac have apparently washable, smudge-proof formulas I tried, but this looks better and is easier to remove than BB's Smudge-Proof and looks better, lasts longer than MAC's Studio Fix. Being disappointed in expensive ones made me come back to this incredible one- I forgot how great it is. No clumping, no smudging (lasts through naps and exercise), good volume and length,very black shade, easy to remove..everything an expensive one should be. Highly recommend this impressive, cheap mascara!

on 10/24/2010 7:33:00 PM

I am quite impressed. This lengthens, thickens, curls and separates my lashes without looking like thick globs. My lashes are short & stubby and this gives me feathery soft lashes. I have to apply 6 coats but got great result.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this stuff for years, mainly because it's so cheap, but lately I decided to shop around a bit to see if there was anything better. After trying them all, I still come back to this, because the consistency stays the same for the entire length of time using it.

Yeah the other brands looks great the first time I use them, but by the 15th time, the formula is clumpy or thick or flaky. For $3-4, this gives me a natural look the entire time I use it that doesn't flake and doesn't make me look like I have tarantula lashes.

on 9/30/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This has been my go-to mascara since for 15 years--or whenever it first came out. I still get compliments on my eyelashes. I use the curved brush in black. I do a first coat, let semi-dry. Do a second coat, let semi-dry. Then cover over it with a dry mascara brush for near-perfect lashes. If I'm going out or if I have dramatic eye makeup that day, I do more coats.

on 9/18/2010 7:35:00 PM

This mascara didn't cut it for me. It is clumpy and makes my lashes look too long. I already have long eyelashes, so I don't need anymore length. This might work better for other girls, but I don't like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely. This describes this mascara. Doesn't give that thick "I'm wearing mascara" look, it's subtle, gives decent amount of length/volume, it doesn't smudge AT ALL, and for the price, it's quite a pleasant suprise.

Great mascara that gives a natural and not clumpy look. It makes you look like you're not wearing mascara and your eyelashes are naturally long. That is what I look for!

on 7/1/2010 1:53:00 PM

Okay, I am so mad at myself for searching all over high and low for one great HG mascara....here it was the entire time!!! I work 12 hour shifts and constantly have smudges under my eyes. I decided to try this...being only $4, I thought, why not?? I am in love. I apply slowly and two coats and my lashes look lovely!!! And guess what....no smudging after 12 hours of work!!! VERY HAPPY!!!