October 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Raquel100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is the absolute WORST!! It irritated my eyes so much I can't believe it - worst product I've ever tried!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

omg this is crap im sorry lol I mean I bought this because it was cheaper than my favorite lash primer by estee lauder. Big mistake. OMg ths is seriously clumpy and doesnt do much for my lashes. It left white crap on my lashes. i wuld never buy this again. This is prolly the only thing Clinique messed up on cuz Im usually pleased by their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by theorginal

it worked great. i applied this then i use the dior show "blackout". it gave length to my eyelashes and sort of curled a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff. i don't understand what the complaints are about! i tried using chanel's lash primer last time i ran out of this but it just didn't cut it. i have dark lashes but they are not particularly thick or long. when i run out of this primer, and still use mascara on my bare lashes, i can definitely tell a difference with how my lashes look. without it i just can't get the length i want, and application gets a bit difficult. this helps define each lash so when i put mascara on over it, it goes on smoother and thicker. haven't ever had a problem with the white color showing through but maybe because i use a thick black mascara? i don't know. all i do know is that i've been using this product for almost 10 years now and don't plan on switching to any other!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this primer. It left too many white flakes that my mascara could not cover up. Wanted to love it, but it got returned. Still searching for a good primer...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's my HG lash primer. It works wonders on my short, brittle and thin lashes. I see a big difference with my lashes if I don't use this under my mascara. Helps make my lashes look longer. It's a definate make-up staple for me. It's the first and only lash primer i'ved tried so far. I heard the MAC one works just as well. My sister got me that for Xmas but I haven't tested it out yet. Once I run out of this one, I will. Then i'll update to see if this will still me my HG. :P

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by dakbak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute worst! I tried the Shisheido base, which I LOVED, but it was too hard to remove, so I tried this. I have naturally long lashes and was hoping for some volume and some curl. All this did was make my lashes look thinner and clump them all over each other. Awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I've tried it and I don't understand what the hype is all about. My lashes don't appear to be longer, and it doesn't make makeup removal any easier (cus isn't that what primers are supposed to do - act as a layer between your makeup and your skin/lashes?). Quite disappointed. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. Should you let it dry first or what? I've tried both ways and my lashes just look the same. The only good thing is that it did not make my mascara clump. Would not repurchase, although the price is reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

I love this primer! It makes my lashes very long and fluttery, and when I take my makeup off at night my lashes are silky and strong. The only reason why I won't buy this again is that I wear waterproof mascara and I found that it makes my mascara smear in water, aka not waterproof anymore. I really wished this would work for me, but it just doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really works well. I love High Impact Mascara and I use this underneath. My only gripe is that this is a step that can be done without. I really don't see a need for this. High Impact is volumizing enough, ya know? But I don't hate this, I just won;tbe buying it again.