April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Building Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this stuff. i don't understand what the complaints are about! i tried using chanel's lash primer last time i ran out of this but it just didn't cut it. i have dark lashes but they are not particularly thick or long. when i run out of this primer, and still use mascara on my bare lashes, i can definitely tell a difference with how my lashes look. without it i just can't get the length i want, and application gets a bit difficult. this helps define each lash so when i put mascara on over it, it goes on smoother and thicker. haven't ever had a problem with the white color showing through but maybe because i use a thick black mascara? i don't know. all i do know is that i've been using this product for almost 10 years now and don't plan on switching to any other!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this primer. It left too many white flakes that my mascara could not cover up. Wanted to love it, but it got returned. Still searching for a good primer...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's my HG lash primer. It works wonders on my short, brittle and thin lashes. I see a big difference with my lashes if I don't use this under my mascara. Helps make my lashes look longer. It's a definate make-up staple for me. It's the first and only lash primer i'ved tried so far. I heard the MAC one works just as well. My sister got me that for Xmas but I haven't tested it out yet. Once I run out of this one, I will. Then i'll update to see if this will still me my HG. :P

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by dakbak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute worst! I tried the Shisheido base, which I LOVED, but it was too hard to remove, so I tried this. I have naturally long lashes and was hoping for some volume and some curl. All this did was make my lashes look thinner and clump them all over each other. Awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

I've tried it and I don't understand what the hype is all about. My lashes don't appear to be longer, and it doesn't make makeup removal any easier (cus isn't that what primers are supposed to do - act as a layer between your makeup and your skin/lashes?). Quite disappointed. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. Should you let it dry first or what? I've tried both ways and my lashes just look the same. The only good thing is that it did not make my mascara clump. Would not repurchase, although the price is reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by zomgblah

I love this primer! It makes my lashes very long and fluttery, and when I take my makeup off at night my lashes are silky and strong. The only reason why I won't buy this again is that I wear waterproof mascara and I found that it makes my mascara smear in water, aka not waterproof anymore. I really wished this would work for me, but it just doesn't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really works well. I love High Impact Mascara and I use this underneath. My only gripe is that this is a step that can be done without. I really don't see a need for this. High Impact is volumizing enough, ya know? But I don't hate this, I just won;tbe buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This primer was not too bad. It did moisturize my lashes, and gave me extra volume,not to mention it did not irritate my sensative eyes, however that is where the pros end. For me, it really clumped my lashes and you could still see the white primed tips of my lashes even after using various different types of mascaras. I suppose this product is only compatible with certain mascaras- just none of what I own. Even when I could get my mascara to look right, my mascaras began to smudge due to the moistening properties of the primer.

This is an OK product, but definitely not for my lashes. I think I will just stick to regular mascara without the primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent, less pricey alternative to Shiseido's mascara base. My lashes are much longer and fuller with this primer than with Clinique Glossy mascara alone. Shiseido's product delivered more dramatic results, but I'll be using Clinique's primer when I feel like shelling out $14 instead of $22.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally dark thick lashesl so I tried this product on a whim to get the "fake lashes" without wearing fakes look.

Pros: It gives the look of fake lashes, not too costly, easy to use brush

Cons: It has an odor so it may be hard to tell when it has gone bad. Only made for those with minimal lashels.

To explain that last bit further - if you already have fairly good lashes, instead of taking it to the next level, this primer takes it to the extreme. So instead of model lashes, you get hooker lashes. It is fine (great!) for going out clubbing, but definitely not for use right before an office meeting.