Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

3.3

Worked well against blackheads, but does not clear up other acne. In fact, scrubs tend to irritate acne even more. Made mine worse...

This product is amazing. I didn't expect it to work as wondefully as it did. In just two days, there is already a dramatic difference on my face. It is smoother, and clearer like promised. It also dried out my skin, not in a bad way. I find my skin not getting as oily as it normally would. I really love this product.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Well I tried this for awhile, but found it didnt really do anything at all for my blackheads, in fact I found the creamy base felt like it was making my skin more congested and as a result giving me more clogged pores. I still rated this a 3 because it didnt break me out, but didnt seem to solve anything either. I now use the Neutrogena body scrub, on my face, and found it works better than anything else I've tried. The blackhead eliminating scrub smells nicer and has better packaging, but I'm more concerned with using something that keeps my skin clear...I seem to need a product that is clear/gel based with scrubbing particles in it. The creamy base of this scrub is what I disliked.

I've been using this for months in place of the original neutrogena facial cleanser, and it's definitely made a difference in my skin (after just a couple days). A great exfoliator. I really like that it keeps my skin soft and smooth, and I love that it gives me a noticeable radiant glow. For its main indication, I'd say it reduced the blackheads on my nose by 50%.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i get blackheads on my nose and also the surrounding area. nothing worked until i found this! i'd never been a fan of Neutrogena products so at first i hesitated to buy it, but i'm glad i did!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this scrub. I used St. Ives Apricot for many many years and I prefer this. It's exfoliating enough and I like the scent. I really like Neutrogena skin products, and I would really like to try the Blackhead Eliminating Mask as well, but I can't seem to find it. I have repurchased this scrub.

I tried this as I have lots of blackheads that don't seem to shift, my St Ives had run out and I wanted to try a gentle scrub as I have sensitive skin sometimes.
I'm not sure about it yet. its a very smooth product, with a synthetic 'perfume' smell but it does go on very smooth and hasn't irritated my skin. However, it doesn't seem to remove blackheads which is disappointing.
It leaves your skin feeling very soft but its extremely difficult to rinse off . I, too, have had problems with full breakouts after and wonder if its because of this? anyway, I will continue to use for a while longer and update.
UPDATE: persevered for most of the tube. as soon as I started using something else (Avalon Organics lavender gel) my skin has improved. will not repurchase

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

This scrub contains small beads, which I like as this means the scrub is gentle on skin. However, this scrub seems to cause breakouts instead of eliminating them. It leaves my cheeks and forehead really smooth but irritates my chin and nose area. Will not repurchase.

I just bought this today to replace my old exfoilator. I saw that this was a "daily exfoiliator" which is why I bought this.

I've only used it once today and it has left my skin really soft and smooth and did eliminate like 1/2 the blackheads on my nose.

I don't expect anything to work immediately or work wonders so for the fact that it made my skin soft & smooth and not dry like other cleansers do, I would repurchase and keep using it until I find something better.

Who knows? Perhaps the more I use this, the better my feedback will be. I will do an update in a month! :-)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I wont be repurchasing - only because i feel the exfoliating beads are way too harsh on my skin