September 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 4:14:00 AM More reviews by JMWT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scrub contains small beads, which I like as this means the scrub is gentle on skin. However, this scrub seems to cause breakouts instead of eliminating them. It leaves my cheeks and forehead really smooth but irritates my chin and nose area. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by silverormisssixty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought this today to replace my old exfoilator. I saw that this was a "daily exfoiliator" which is why I bought this.

I've only used it once today and it has left my skin really soft and smooth and did eliminate like 1/2 the blackheads on my nose.

I don't expect anything to work immediately or work wonders so for the fact that it made my skin soft & smooth and not dry like other cleansers do, I would repurchase and keep using it until I find something better.

Who knows? Perhaps the more I use this, the better my feedback will be. I will do an update in a month! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Maja012

I wont be repurchasing - only because i feel the exfoliating beads are way too harsh on my skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I have bought 3 tubes of this. I LOVE it!! I use it in the morning in the shower. I apply to my face and rub gently. Then I let it sit there for a few minutes before washing it off. My skin ends up glowing, smooth, and in no way dry. Be warned though, the Blackhead Eliminating Toner is in no way up to par with this Scrub. It is not effective and smells horrible. (Use Clean and Clear Cooling Toner instead.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this soooo much!! This is the best scrub ever. Good price cost me about $12.95 NZD , comes in an easy open tube. I use this every other day- seeing as its winter here, i find that my face needs more exfoliation.
This stuff is great because after you use it your skin is left smooth and glowing, nice and refreshed. The scrub also has little beads that contain moisturizers in it, so you dont dry your skin when scrubbing it - this means sometime i dont have to bother moisturizing afterward - my skin feels so supple. It has a nice smell, and its not drying at all. I have used so many scrubs, St Ives, Clean and Clear, Origins, Garnier, Ponds, Clinique 7 day scrub and this Neutrogena one is the best by far! - the only one that comes kind of close is good old Nivea gentle exfoliating scrub.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I was hoping this would clear up or prevent the clogged pores and tiny bumps I have been getting recently. However, like other reviewers have mentioned - every time I use this scrub, I seem to break out! I was hoping that my skin was just purging, but unfortunately it is just the reaction I get to this product.
I have sensitive combination skin, so I will have to find something else.

It works great on my legs though, so I will finish it off on them.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2007 6:41:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a lot of blackheads and tend to break out on my chin and around my nose. This exfoliater works great for controling excess oil, and it really makes my skin feel smooth. I do have sensitive skin though, and it does leave me a bit red right after I use it, but it quickly calms down. It smells great and rinses off well. I use it twice daily, and I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by tropicaldreamx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this scrub! My co-worker had told me about it and she said it works wonders. I've seen her skin and noticed that her blackheads were gone- she used to have a problem with them. So, that night I bought some after work and brought it home and tried it. This is my HG scrub. It makes my skin feel so soft after I use it. It gets the dead skin off my face as well and my face looks clearer right after I use it in the shower. I am deff. going to buy some more of this stuff when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by junefever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really helps me to prevent pimples. After I used this product my skin is much more smooth and managable. But I have to say, it does not help to get rid of the blackheads, its true that they are less noticeable, but I think there are better products out there specialized for blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Metamorpha

I just bought this product today and the instant I used it I was in love! I love the way the scrubbies get the job done while still being gentle, but not useless like those little balls we see in so many "exfoliating" products. It smells good and it left my skin feeling really fresh, supple and smooth. I was wearing a lot of makeup on a muggy day and it cut through it all. I got it on sale for $4.50, so it was a real steal! I can't say if it is good for blackheads as I have not been using it long enough, but I will update. So far I really like this scrub!

UPDATE: I used all of this up and have not repurchased. It worked for me at the time but now I am trying Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Rejuivinator to get better exfoliation and deeper pore cleansing. My moderate acne skin needs something more powerful than this to do anything to my blackheads.