Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

3.3

on 11/11/2007 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i get blackheads on my nose and also the surrounding area. nothing worked until i found this! i'd never been a fan of Neutrogena products so at first i hesitated to buy it, but i'm glad i did!

on 10/23/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this scrub. I used St. Ives Apricot for many many years and I prefer this. It's exfoliating enough and I like the scent. I really like Neutrogena skin products, and I would really like to try the Blackhead Eliminating Mask as well, but I can't seem to find it. I have repurchased this scrub.

on 10/4/2007 5:25:00 AM

I tried this as I have lots of blackheads that don't seem to shift, my St Ives had run out and I wanted to try a gentle scrub as I have sensitive skin sometimes.
I'm not sure about it yet. its a very smooth product, with a synthetic 'perfume' smell but it does go on very smooth and hasn't irritated my skin. However, it doesn't seem to remove blackheads which is disappointing.
It leaves your skin feeling very soft but its extremely difficult to rinse off . I, too, have had problems with full breakouts after and wonder if its because of this? anyway, I will continue to use for a while longer and update.
UPDATE: persevered for most of the tube. as soon as I started using something else (Avalon Organics lavender gel) my skin has improved. will not repurchase

on 8/24/2007 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

This scrub contains small beads, which I like as this means the scrub is gentle on skin. However, this scrub seems to cause breakouts instead of eliminating them. It leaves my cheeks and forehead really smooth but irritates my chin and nose area. Will not repurchase.

I just bought this today to replace my old exfoilator. I saw that this was a "daily exfoiliator" which is why I bought this.

I've only used it once today and it has left my skin really soft and smooth and did eliminate like 1/2 the blackheads on my nose.

I don't expect anything to work immediately or work wonders so for the fact that it made my skin soft & smooth and not dry like other cleansers do, I would repurchase and keep using it until I find something better.

Who knows? Perhaps the more I use this, the better my feedback will be. I will do an update in a month! :-)

on 7/17/2007 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I wont be repurchasing - only because i feel the exfoliating beads are way too harsh on my skin

on 6/28/2007 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have bought 3 tubes of this. I LOVE it!! I use it in the morning in the shower. I apply to my face and rub gently. Then I let it sit there for a few minutes before washing it off. My skin ends up glowing, smooth, and in no way dry. Be warned though, the Blackhead Eliminating Toner is in no way up to par with this Scrub. It is not effective and smells horrible. (Use Clean and Clear Cooling Toner instead.)

on 6/18/2007 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this soooo much!! This is the best scrub ever. Good price cost me about $12.95 NZD , comes in an easy open tube. I use this every other day- seeing as its winter here, i find that my face needs more exfoliation.
This stuff is great because after you use it your skin is left smooth and glowing, nice and refreshed. The scrub also has little beads that contain moisturizers in it, so you dont dry your skin when scrubbing it - this means sometime i dont have to bother moisturizing afterward - my skin feels so supple. It has a nice smell, and its not drying at all. I have used so many scrubs, St Ives, Clean and Clear, Origins, Garnier, Ponds, Clinique 7 day scrub and this Neutrogena one is the best by far! - the only one that comes kind of close is good old Nivea gentle exfoliating scrub.

on 6/9/2007 7:41:00 PM

I was hoping this would clear up or prevent the clogged pores and tiny bumps I have been getting recently. However, like other reviewers have mentioned - every time I use this scrub, I seem to break out! I was hoping that my skin was just purging, but unfortunately it is just the reaction I get to this product.
I have sensitive combination skin, so I will have to find something else.

It works great on my legs though, so I will finish it off on them.

on 5/19/2007 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a lot of blackheads and tend to break out on my chin and around my nose. This exfoliater works great for controling excess oil, and it really makes my skin feel smooth. I do have sensitive skin though, and it does leave me a bit red right after I use it, but it quickly calms down. It smells great and rinses off well. I use it twice daily, and I would repurchase.