August 2, 2014 | 936 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Karena73

This product felt great going on, but this was the first product I have ever used that gave me a HORRIBLE BREAKOUTS of acne. I trust Neutrogena products so much that I thought it must be something else I was doing, but like clockwork, I stopped applying it for a few days, and my breakouts started clearing up. I tried again and the next morning I had a huge breakout AGAIN! I have to throw this away. I think the menthol they use irritates skin, because it's not the BHA. I should have listened to Paula Beoguin. She always blasts Neutrogena for including menthol which irritates skin and can cause breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2006 12:38:00 AM More reviews by grace11103

oh my gosh this stuff BURNS!!! i was looking for an alternative to proactiv and thought maybe this could be it... only it left my skin taunt and blackheads still readily visible

update: after giving it a second try, it didn't burn as much and actually it helped with blemishes.. didn't eliminate blackheads but good for pimple control continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lwagner3701

I was surprised that I liked this product. I have always had a ton of blackheads on my nose and just figured they would always be there. This stuff really cleared them up!! I am not loyal to many products but would definitely buy it again. Go ahead and try it...if it doesn't work for you it is only $5 down the tube. But if you do like it, you won't bother with the pricey ones again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2006 3:12:00 PM More reviews by mommytomy3sons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this but I think I need to start alternating it with a regular oil free acne cleanser from Neutrogena. This is kinda harsh if you use it twice a day. I was also a little disappointed that the bottle was about 1/4 empty when I purchased it. Still a good product though and I think I bought it for $6 at Walmart.

UPDATE: Okay, I have no idea why this works but it does. I have [i]extremely[/i] oily skin. I'm usually blotting my face two hours after applying make up. In the summer, my face is so oily that I change my pillow case nearly every day! I started using Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating scrub, Oil controlling astringent and Rapid Clear lotion- all with 2% salicylic acid. My skin is clear and if I use all these products in conjunction with Revlon's Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm for normal/combination skin, I don't have to blot or powder my nose until 2 p.m. And I put my makeup on at 5:30 a.m! And then I don't have to powder or blot again before removing it at 9 p.m. I've tried the Neutrogena products with other foundations (I've got a drawer full!) and it doesn't work with them. I'm right back to blotting and powdering like crazy. It only works with the Age Defying foundation. Needless to say, that's all I use now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by twiggy_jones

i loved loved loved loved this scrub. it didnt really feel like a scrub on my face but as a cleanser it was amazing!!!!!! it made my face feel so clean and fresh. a+++

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2005 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MaryFran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was absolutely hell on my skin. I was looking for a daily scrub to help with my oily, flakey skin. Wow. I broke out so bad for the few weeks I used it. My partner has combo skin that broke out in huge zits as well. I trashed the tube, even when it was almost completely full. What a waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by gramma

This made my face feel so wonderfully soft and smooth. But don't most scrubs? That's their job right? I've only used this three times, and see no minimizing in blackheads, but maybe (hopefully) that'll happen as I use it more frequently. I'd really like to get rid of these darned blackheads! I use Mary Kay's Blemish Control Toner, and its Mask (can't quite remember which one). These are all serving the same blackhead-fighting purpose, but still no go. I guess I'll add to this review after I use the Neutrogena Scrub more.

UPDATE: It never did anything for my pores nor my blackheads. It also feels like there's quite a bit of chemicals. Currently using St. Ives Elements Microdermabrasion but just started, so couldn't comment on that yet. Also stopped using Mary Kay. Currently using Origins Get Down cleanser and Oil Refiner Tonic.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2005 4:47:00 PM More reviews by 2pink

had menthol and was a little harsh. plus, it was mean of neutrogena to say this could eliminate blackheads. i bought this when i was young and naive and actually believed it would rid me of them. *sigh* obviously, it didn't and can't. the only thing that can is a LEAVE-ON salicylic acid product, at the right pH. This is an ok product purely as a scrub--if you want to use something irritating like menthol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 12:20:00 AM More reviews by glitterofdoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this 5 because of the price. I(dry skin) had a few problem blackheads on my nose that had been deep and been there for the past 4 years, and after using dozens of products, this one finally loosened them. That made the miniscule price of this makeup definitely worth it.
It exfoliates well, softenes, and unless you are in a very humid climate it will dry out your skin. A good moisturizer will fix that though. This is one of my favorite products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2005 12:58:00 AM More reviews by NYC22

I give this product a "2" because it simply did not eliminate any blackheads. This scrub did not get rid of my blackheads nor did it prevent any new ones. However, I do seem to like it well enough as an exfoliating scrub. I've found it to keep my dry skin to a minimum in the winter. Also, I think the scrubbing beads are a very good consistency.