August 23, 2014 | 1092 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Pizoobie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have two of these, in Crystal Soda and Sunrise.

PROS:
- Decent amount of colour
Sunrise in particular is pretty heavily pigmented, and I would wear this even without a lipstick underneath for a bold red lip look.

- Not very sticky once dried

CONS:
- Tastes AWFUL!
I've heard that these lip glosses smell/taste like artificial cherry, but I didn't hear anything about the strong waxy taste that overpowers the cherry taste. For this reason, I only apply this lipstick to the outer edges of my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by celticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with Mega Shine Lip Gloss!
I purchased ten of these on ebay for $3 each with international shipping. And honestly I find them much better than any gloss (including high end brands) I used before.
I'm a lipstick fan - to me lipglosses were always sticky, unpleasant on the lips, with watery texture and almost without a color. They also tend to run, or bleed, or disappear in 15 minutes. BUT! NYX Mega Shine is quite different.
It's not sticky at all. It doesn't bleed, even without a liner. It stays put for 2-3 hours (I think it's very good result for lip gloss) and survives eating and drinking pretty well. The texture is thick, but not unpleasant, and extremely buildable.
But the most amazing thing is it's color payoff. Forget about weak, watery colors. Mega Shine has the brightest, most vivid colors one can imagine! Only some glosses in this range are sheer or transparent; most are almost opaque. You can apply just one coat to get a slightest tint and shine - or 2-3 coats, and it looks like a lipstick. I mean, you don't need to wear lipstick under this gloss.
The packaging looks nice and sturdy, not cheap at all. Applicator is somewhat unusial, but I find it very handy.
Many people complain here about the scent, and I was uneasy about that ordering Mega Shine, because I'm very picky about makeup smell and taste. It's funny, but I like this sweet cherry coke smell, though I strongly dislike a chemical soapy scent of NYX Round Lipsticks (and many people would tell you that RL has no smell at all!). I prefer fruity scents, they are much better than soapy, at least on my lips! As for the taste of Mega Shine, I think there's none.
I love all colors I have except one. I believe that these glosses are much safer than lipstick for ordering online, because what you see is what you'll get. I've swatched all ten on my hand. I'm going to review all colors separately as well.
Hope it helps. I strongly suggest you to try these babies!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read the reviews here first, since I dont have nyx where I live. So because many people said the exact same thing about the smell, i decided to try before buying. So I was travelling this weekend and I went to a mall where they had a nyx counter. I went straight to the lipglosses and OMG, THANK GOD I LISTENED to people here. IT REALLY SMELLS BAD. Like cherry medication, burned plastic, strong,deep, annoying scent. This is disgusting, so strong. Just like people described here. I didnt buy any and I wont ever. The staying power on the lips is awful too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ShaunaRich

I'm a lipgloss junkie and I really love these!! I used to only use MAC lipglass, but after watching Makeup Geek's Marlena, she got me hooked on these NYX glosses. The colours are beautiful and I really like the way they feel on my lips, they don't get dried out at all. I love the shine and i think they make my lips look fabulous!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by jackontherocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I normally *hate* glosses, I've tried pretty much everything from L'oreal juicy tubes to Chanel glossimers to MAC lip glasses - I detest them all. Sticky, sloppy, bad packaging, weird smells/tastes....so I usually just stick to lip balm. Glosses all sit 3/4 full in my makeup drawer, such a waste. But I can't believe how much I LOVE the NYX 'sweetheart' gloss! It has a smell that reminds me of jolly ranchers or sweet tarts, which I don't mind at all. The shade is gorgeous, sheer & a perfect "shine" to lips without looking overdone. What is awesome is that the first time I used it, I didn't even *feel* it on my lips, so I figured it wore off, but when I looked in the mirror, I had a perfect moist shine on my lips! Such a nice surprise. The applicator is fine, it's not too long, and it's simple looking. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Sedatedalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love these lip glosses! Have them a few different shades. The cherry or vanilla smell is sometimes a little overwhelming, but the texture is excellent, not too sticky, not too slick. They stay on a respectable amount of time, and the applicator is a nice shape for applying the product (doe foot).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

these glosses are really pigmented and smooth. the only thing that gets to me is the candy smell of these glosses but not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cute packaging, a lot of product (15 mL), luxurious colors. The texture and quality are comparable to much more expensive brands. The only downside to NYX lip glosses is their cloying sweet odor. If only NYX would fix the burning plastic/cheap chapstick smell these would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT DUPE for NARS lip gloss but for a better price!
The Colour in Sweetheart is a great dupe for Nars Turkish Delight That Kim Kardashin uses.

Highly recommand. It reasonable price compared to the Nars lip gloss and it's non sticky just like Nars Lip gloss..the colours are really nice and it's moisturizing. Doesn't dry out lips. I hate lip glosses that are sticky. My two favourite lip gloss brands are NYX & NARS! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the Mega Shine lipgloss in Tanned, i am NC 40( for ref )and never get tired of finding another nude lipgloss..On my pigmented lips this is a nice peachy beige...so far its a headsup from me. In terms of texture, its a very creamy lipgloss a little sheer but with a right amount of pigmentation.The smell is a little weird a at first reminds me of cherry bubblegum but after a few seconds of application the smells fades away. Best drugstore lipgloss for 4 dollars.