November 27, 2014 | 1201 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Root Beer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

i hate to ruin this baby's good ratings.....but after reading the reviews, i rushed to ULTA, was ecstatic when i found i there and went home all excited to try it. ive been experimenting with it for 3 days now and i really do not like this color. it just does not work well with my skin tone i guess..... i was expecting it to be more...brown...but it is actually very gray and dull on me. for reference i have yellow golden warm skintone i guess and brown eyes and this did not in any way make my eyes pop or anything special. i like nyx shadows though but i guess this one just wasnt right for me. ill be putting this up for a swap this week i guess

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 12:13:00 AM More reviews by yuhjah_99

LOVE this color. I want to go back and stock up on Rootbeer. It is a shimmery taupey greyish purle color that is subtle yet dark enough to stand out. I use it in my crease and this is the only color I have found to blend into my eyelid crease so seamlessly. My eyes are asian with a small double lid and my crease is not deep at all, it is a very slight dent so imagine my surprise when I put this color in the crease and it looked so natural. Not at all like a fake, drawn on crease. This is the best color for shading in the crease. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CLisa

This is a great new find for me, thanks to MUA (and bless you for stocking NYX, Ulta gods!). I am a cool-toned PPP, and most browns tend to look orangey on me. I'm happy to report this isn't the case with Root Beer (I even love the name!), as it's a cool/silvery/purplish/taupey shade. It applies super smoothly, better than MAC for me and similar to Stila, and you just can't beat the price. It looks great paired with NYX Frosted Flakes, and brings out the green in my eyes and makes them twinkle. Or maybe that's just 'cause I feel smarter than everyone else for scoring such a find.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 7:00:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Root Beer as described below is brown with hints of purple and taupe. that said it's an exact dupe for Shu P850. The quality is very similar to Shu's too. Enough said, NYX shadows are incredible quality for the price. Don't miss out the opportinuty to check out, especially this color, universally flaterring and a classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Great for a smokey eye, Root Beer is a smokey, grey-brown with a hint of plum. It has shimmer but it's not frosty! I would say that it is a neutral to cool-toned eyeshadow. Incredibly silky and pigmented, this does not have any red undertones (thank goodness). NYX does not disappoint!

For reference, I have light skin, neutral to warm undertones (NC 25 to 30).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty neutral medium shimmery brown taupe with flashes of grey in it. Excellent lid color for my NC30 skin. Love the NYX eyeshadow texture and performance- it's very velvety and smooth and highly pigmented - like MAC's but cheaper. This would work with a multitude of wash and crease colors. Very flattering color for almost any eyecolor. I have hazel green eyes and it brings out the grey-green in them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 11:57:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so in love with nyx makeup, especially the eyeshadows. This plummy brown really makes my blue eyes pop! I blend it from lashline to just above the crease and use jane coolest coral or some other neutral, non shimmery pale to blend on the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

"Root Beer" has become my favorite go-to eyeshadow each morning! I grab my crease brush, load it up with Root Beer, and blend into my crease and outer V. Sometimes I had another shade or highlight to my lid and/or browbone; sometimes not. I add Blacktrack Fluidline and tons of mascara and BAM! This doesn't look too plummy on my olive skin...it somehow becomes just a very natural yet dramatic grey-brown smokey shade that really flatters my dark brown eyes. It looks more plum if I wear peachy/coral cheeks and lips. LOVE this shade, will definitely repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Root Beer is one of my favorite NYX singles. It's a shimmery plummy brown. Makes a gorgeous smokey eye. Someone please tell me if I'm going crazy (I've mentioned this in three reviews now) but I swear the Root Beer single is not even the same color as the one in the #19 trio (Barely There/Champagne/Root Beer). I remember being asked by a swapper to describe Root Beer and I told her it was a shimmery taupey brown, which it was! I loved Root Beer but swapped away my trio and bought the Root Beer single since it was the only shade I liked. Imagine my surprise when the single was a plummy brown. I still love it but am a little confused. Oh, and please be very careful with your Root Beer. NYX singles are very soft and delicate but the shimmery shades seem to be even more delicate. Depotting is a pain and I'm still clueless about how to palette my NYX singles. The cheap aluminum pans also don't stick to magnets. Still, NYX shadows are some of the best products out there. I get mine from ebay seller sungems--so much cheaper and her shipping rates are decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 3:12:00 AM More reviews by lahdeedah

I'm so impressed with these cheap little shadows! They seem like they should be FAR more expensive than they are. This color is a silvery taupey brown. Lovely. I didn't have a color like this in my collection, so decided to make this my first NYX purchase. I think I'll be looking for more of these!