L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 1/18/2015 11:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This was the first foundation I ever bought. I couldn't find an exact match for my skin colour, although that really just comes down to the limited selection available here. I found this foundation really weird in that it was both too oily and too dry for my combination skin, as it exacerbated dry patches but made my t-zone even oilier than normal. I think it might work better in colder climates - I tried using it, mixed in with some Fix+, when on holiday and I found that it moisturised my skin amazingly and left it really smooth and flawless.

I would probably not repurchase this product again as I don't get that much use out of it, and it's quite pricey for a drugstore product. If this works with your skin and you can find an exact match then I could see it becoming a staple, but sadly it just isn't that impressive for me.

on 1/18/2015 9:44:00 AM

Great drug store classic. Wears as well as higher priced foundations for me. Since loreal owns many other HE brands it wouldn't surprise me that this stuff is repackaged with a bigger price tag in a dept store.
Nice med to full coverage. Can apply with fingers, sponge or brush. Heavy under eye circles will need an extra concealer.Leaves a nice satin finish. I would recommend setting with a pressed powder for longer wear. Lasts a full day on my combo skin with minimal shine. So 1 to 2 powder touch ups are necessary. But I haven't come across a product where I didn't need to do that.
I can no longer afford to get expensive makeup and I'm happy to find some decent products at the drug store. Just requires a little more trial and error.
you can often find loreal items on bogo or 40%. Just wait for a sale somewhere you can return if it didn't work for you.

on 1/16/2015 11:58:00 AM

Favourite foundation , doesn't feel heavy or cakes up at all. although sometimes it shows my dry patches but not recently because I put rimmels matte primer before I apply true match now. And I do wish there was a pump as the cap because it does get messy but overall I love this foundation and I get compliments about my skin when I wear it !

on 1/12/2015 4:32:00 AM

I use this foundation on and off, when I need something cheap but will do the job. L'oreal products are decent and I can usually use them with no problem. The consistency is good, the coverage is light but buildable so even if the shade is a little off, it won't be so obvious.

on 1/11/2015 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation!
It is super light and liquidy which makes it super blendable but gives a fairly good coverage,
I love it because you can layer it depending what coverage you're after WITHOUT it feeling cakey or clinging to certain areas on my skin. I love the finish it gives after 2-3 layers. I tend to apply it with a Sigma F80 or a beauty blender and both give an amazing finish.
I do have combination skin an tend to get oily around my t-zone however this is not really an issue along as I apply powder.
I would definitely repurchase, the price is reasonable especially for New Zealand prices!

on 1/10/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. Hitting myself now. This foundation is incredible. Seriously, I've tried Guerlain, Chanel, Dior... I like this foundation better than many of those. It is a very liquid formula that melts into the skin and COVERS amazingly, without looking masky or feeling thick! And it STAYS all day, even when I've had my hands all over my face during my 11-hour workdays (I do set with a powder, of course). This is what I've been looking for forever....

The absolute only negative for me is the packaging. It's pretty horrible - no pump? Product goes everywhere.

on 1/10/2015 12:32:00 AM

Love love love this foundation! This is one of the only liquid foundations that doesn't separate and become dry and patchy on my extremely dry skin, and almost makes me appear normal/oily skinned as the day passes on. I love the luminosity that it gives me without appearing greasy, glides over dry patches and doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines like some other foundations do for me. Amazing lasting power for a foundation that doesn't claim to be long lasting, extensive colour range and the packaging is great value considering it comes with a pump (in Australia). A staple in my makeup bag!

on 1/9/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Even though I have combo/oily skin, I prefer the healthy luminous version.

I'm an NC42-43 for reference and first picked up the w5. That's was weirdly light. Got the w6 and it was light and orange. Finally got the w7 and it looks grey on me. I just don't get it. But I was gifted Luminous Healthy Skin in n7 and it was my match. I don't know how this is considered a neutral because when held n7 next to the w7, along with having no GLITTER this was less oranges.

Now about the glitter! What the hell!?!?! There's sooo much! I didn't notice it in store but when I first applied this and stepped into the sun this made me look like a Twilight Vampire! I guess, much like eyeshadows, the more shimmer a product has the more "blendable" it is. Because of this I will never buy this foundation ever again. Like ever again.

When I wore this I got oily within a couple of hours and this NEVER SETS! I don't know how anyone can call this their Holy Grail. I mean not unless, you have the obedience to not touch your face, or pull clothes over your head.

Also the bottle just sucks. This is too liquidy to not have a pump! What the hell was L'Oreal thinking?

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my own review, from Amazon. On there I'm MissyMachete, if you care to check out my other reviews.

I never thought I would love a drugstore foundation so much. I am a woman of color and I have had a really hard time finding foundations that will provide me with light 'no makeup' coverage, not have annoying, ugly yellow undertones, or turn grey on my skin within hours of me applying it. I previously used Urban Decays cream to powder foundation in Mirage, but found that it was too yellow and made me look jaundiced. I have most recently worn Clinique's CC cream in medium/deep, but after several months of wear I applied it in natural light and was shocked to find that my skin looked grey and corpse-like in the sun. Ugh! Also, the Clinique goes on greasy and on me, stays greasy. If I brush my hand against my face, it feels slick.

I am updating my review. I still use Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation, but now I use it in a different color. I switched over to W7, Caramel Beige. This matches much better, as I discovered I actually do have warm undertones. The kind woman at the Bobbi Brown counter informed me that my foundation was too dark. My review of this foundation remains the same. I still love it. Now that I have the correct shade, it's even better! I was expecting something awful, as it was only $8.00 for a bottle at Target but wow!

I was surprised by the coverage. I have never used a liquid foundation before (up to this point) and I feared this would go on cakey and heavy and make it obvious to all that i'm wearing foundation. Instead it goes on sheer and smooth as heaven. I have freckles (thanks dad!) that I love and never want to cover, and this foundation is light enough to let them show. If you wanted to build this up you probably could, but I'm fine with just two applications. Its STILL sheer. Love.

I apply the True Match with my fingers and blend it out with a cosmetic sponge. I don't like or trust my bootleg beauty blender. I can't figure out how to use it. With this product used over moisturizer and a primer, I can easily get a full day of wear. The color on me fades out perfectly and does not look yellow at all. It is perfect for my dry/combination skin and does not break me out. It seems to disappear into my skin. The only thing I would ask for is a pump style on the bottle. Its maddening to have to try and get the perfect amount with my fingers and it also isn't very clean.

Otherwise, I adore the Loreal True Match and have been using it on the rare days I do wear makeup (I'm extremely active and outdoorsy, so I usually only wear foundation on dates or RARELY to work). I am very content with this product and hope it is never discontinued and that the formula remains the same.

Nothing else really to add to this review, other than the fact that I stopped using Clinique's CC Cream when it went grey on my skin in natural light one day (!!!!) and then from that day on, made me look grey and sick. I REALLY don't want to use too much makeup and am deathly afraid of having 'cake face' so wearing bronzer or blush was not an option for me. My skin has changed as I've gotten older (dryer), and the Clinique worked well for awhile. But I've noticed over the past two years that cream concealers are no longer the best choice for me. My mother has similar skin and she's worn liquid concealers for as long as she's been wearing makeup.

Mother really does know best. ;)

on 1/8/2015 11:20:00 PM

2.5 if I could. Unfortunate packaging... unless you use a sponge applicator of some type I find pouring out of the bottle kinda cumbersome and at times wasteful. I have combo skin and it works for me but if I have drier areas this stuff definitely does not smooth over nicely. Using a primer may help a bit.

Also the matte finish? At first great, however as the day wears on I find it can feel dry or 'powdery'. Lasting power is mediocre. Mediocre because I find on good days and with primer/good skin prep beforehand it stays put. That's on good days, on average however I find it definitely oxidizes and after a full day it feels dried out, looks patchy, just not good in general. I definitely would not recommend this if you have dry skin.

Also if I remember it was ~$14/15 (here in Canada) which seems pushing it for a drugstore foundation, especially one that I personally do not find to be anything but mediocre as far as foundations go.

Video Reviews & Tutorials