February 27, 2015 | 907 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Funkly

What a star product ! I use this every second night, alternating with my night cream. I feared it would clog my pores and make me too oily, but experienced none of that. Instead it leaves the skin super soft and hydrated - and smells fabulous, great before you go to sleep. Also it lasts forever. I cannot thank enough the facialist who recommended it to me. Must be applied with the skin is still moist with toner or you can mix the two in the palm of your hand if you prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by farmermax

I used Lotus Oil for years when I was younger and it got me through my teens and early twenties. I have used a multitude of products since then and now that I am in my 40's I seem to break out more than ever. I decided to go back to Clarins (I deserted them for years because everything I tried gave me spots)and try the Blue Orchid Oil for dehydrated skin. Well my skin loves it, my thread veins look calmer and I any slight blemishes seem to disapear overnight. I found the easiest way to apply it is to pour toner on to a cotton wool pad followed my 3 drops of oil, I then swipe my face all over and find that the oil spreads easily and evenly when mixed directly with the toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

A good product for the winter months when my normally acne-prone skin suddenly becomes extremely dehydrated. But my skin can't tolerate it in the summer, thankfully they also make the Lotus Oil for oily/combo skin. Love the patchouli scent. Expensive but a bottle lasts forever. Note: I just bought Burt's Bees Repair Serum at half the price and am going to compare and update later on this winter. UPDATE: This works well as a night time treatment, whereas I like the Burt's Repair Serum in the a.m., just a few drops, under my moisturizer, as it is lighter than the Orchid. I would purchase the Orchid Oil again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2006 6:59:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this oil. I don't like to only wear it at night, I wear it during the day. My skin feels so much softer / smoother since I've been using it. I have dry/combo skin - sometimes a little oily in summer. I don't break out much. This stuff is so great. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now. It makes my skin feel so soft / smooth. I put it on in the morning, and put Clarins UV protective day screen spf 40 over it. Its a nice combo. Clarins products have been really working for my skin. The oil is light, soaks in quickly. It smells like Aveda products to me, like their shampure stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a bottle of Clarins Blue Orchid Oil only once in my late 30's but I used maybe 1/4 of it and have never finished it... Didn't feel it as a particularly pleasant product. Blue Orchid face treatment oil is for dehydrated skin but I did't notice that it has any positive or rehydrating effects on my skin. I remember that I got a lot of breakouts from this product and terribly clogged pores. I gave it to my mother but she didn't like it either and never finished it, too. I was using some of Decleor aromatic oils for face before that and didn't especially like them, then I tried with this one and didn't like it either. Based on those pretty bad experiences I was convinced that face oils are simply not suitable for my face until I've discovered Darphin aromatic oils which I like a lot. Anyway, Decleor face oils were better for me than this Clarins Blue Orchid oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2006 1:34:00 PM More reviews by SMMY

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this several months ago and have been using this as a night time moisturizer. I have dry and sensitive skin, so I'm pleased that this hasn't irritated my skin at all. I was skeptical at first that a face oil would work as an effective moisturizer for me, but my skin has really improved. This is a scented product, but not terribly so. It's a lighter than a cream, so I plan on pairing it with a night cream as well when the weather gets colder for extra protection against dryness. I would definitely repurchase, but the amount of product I have will last for quite a long while

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Orion_2003

I love using treatment oil at night and my previous facial oil was L'Occitane Immortelle Elixir which has become very hard to get (don't know why but it's not always on the shelf where I live both in the UK and in Southeast Asia). So, I have to find something else. After a few weeks of using Clarins's Blue Orchid, I think it is far better than L'Occitane Immortelle Elixir. The oil absorbs very nicely and my face is so very supple and soft. It also goes well with my other night time skin care routine. The smell might offend some people but I think it reminds me of my home and my grandfather's hair cream and it sends me to sleep calmly (probably because of Patchouly in the oil). Definitely another keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by shade

This is one of my new favorite skin products. I was a little bit wary at first, afraid of putting (gasp!) oil on my dry, yet acne-prone skin. But boy, am I glad i did! I'd recently started using some clarins products (the dry skin cleansing milk and toner) every morning, and they definetly improved my skin's texture. It used to be sort of rough and dry, because I use proactiv every night to keep away my acne. Not any more. Now it's soft, smooth, and has that sort of glow that usually goes away after age nine. This oil is great for me as a once or twice a week treatment, you have to use it exactly as directed. When I woke up, my skin was super-soft and smooth as butter. Not greasy though. This stuff also smells GREAT. Highly recomended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2005 3:59:00 AM More reviews by lalafa

I love this treatment oil and it is not greasy at all! I am combination and used to have oily T zone/ prone to breakout, (also suffered from steroid rosaceas but luckily it is clear up * fingercross *) Have been using this bottle for over 6 months, and now my skin is much clearer, less zits and I can feel and see that my skin is really hydrated (smaller pores) after every niteˇ¦s application, would recommend to use it on damp face (I use it over nu skinˇ¦s NaPCA mist) to get the best result

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lisasurf1

have to admit this is the best night time treatment ever for my combo skin, after just a week's use, my T-zone is not oily, and cheek is weel hydrated... I also tried their lotus oil, it has similar result I would say

smell is a little bit strong though