July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Orion_2003

I love using treatment oil at night and my previous facial oil was L'Occitane Immortelle Elixir which has become very hard to get (don't know why but it's not always on the shelf where I live both in the UK and in Southeast Asia). So, I have to find something else. After a few weeks of using Clarins's Blue Orchid, I think it is far better than L'Occitane Immortelle Elixir. The oil absorbs very nicely and my face is so very supple and soft. It also goes well with my other night time skin care routine. The smell might offend some people but I think it reminds me of my home and my grandfather's hair cream and it sends me to sleep calmly (probably because of Patchouly in the oil). Definitely another keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by shade

This is one of my new favorite skin products. I was a little bit wary at first, afraid of putting (gasp!) oil on my dry, yet acne-prone skin. But boy, am I glad i did! I'd recently started using some clarins products (the dry skin cleansing milk and toner) every morning, and they definetly improved my skin's texture. It used to be sort of rough and dry, because I use proactiv every night to keep away my acne. Not any more. Now it's soft, smooth, and has that sort of glow that usually goes away after age nine. This oil is great for me as a once or twice a week treatment, you have to use it exactly as directed. When I woke up, my skin was super-soft and smooth as butter. Not greasy though. This stuff also smells GREAT. Highly recomended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2005 3:59:00 AM More reviews by lalafa

I love this treatment oil and it is not greasy at all! I am combination and used to have oily T zone/ prone to breakout, (also suffered from steroid rosaceas but luckily it is clear up * fingercross *) Have been using this bottle for over 6 months, and now my skin is much clearer, less zits and I can feel and see that my skin is really hydrated (smaller pores) after every niteˇ¦s application, would recommend to use it on damp face (I use it over nu skinˇ¦s NaPCA mist) to get the best result

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 8:51:00 PM More reviews by lisasurf1

have to admit this is the best night time treatment ever for my combo skin, after just a week's use, my T-zone is not oily, and cheek is weel hydrated... I also tried their lotus oil, it has similar result I would say

smell is a little bit strong though

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 3:57:00 AM More reviews by molly_golightly

I used to be conbination oily/ breakout prone but over the last couple of months I've been becoming dryer especially over my cheeks. So I went to the Clarins counter to try the blue orchid oil after reading all the glowing reviews on MUA.

The SA sugggested that I use it two to three times a week at night and to massage the oil into the dryer parts of my face and it does make a difference. The dry parts feel nicely moisturised and yet my chin and nose don't feel greasy in the morning. My skin feels soft and glowy.

And this stuff together with the Eilzabethe Arden Perpetual moisture cream really is saving my skin in India. It's the start of summer at the moment and it's hot with and average temperature in the mid thirties degrees Celcius, and really really dry. I layer this and the cream and it's been helping with the dryness so far. Good stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by cowgirldownunder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this treatment oil! I use it everynight under Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture and wake up to lovely soft clear skin. If you use it on slightly damp skin as reccomended on the bottle it is very easy to apply and you need so little, my bottle will last for ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by annarama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made my face sting, and with serums I'm never quite able to distribute it evenly on my face, so I end up rubbing more harshly than I should in order to spread it around.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2004 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Alev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes, leaves the skin more supple and soft and comfortable. Don't overdo it otherwise it feels heavy. Good for dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mayag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An interesting, and attractive night time moisturizer. the product is completely natural, a fact which gives it both good and bad points; it feels great, and just the application itself is a lovely massage for the face and neck.
I'm just not sure if it lasts all night long. after all, plant oil is thinner than cream.
Soon i'll move to clarins' Multi-Active Night Lotion (i'm 29), and we'll see who's the winner :)
Update (10/24) - finished the damned bottle at last, started using the Multi-Active Night Cream, and came back with final concluessions: the Blue Orchid is not hydrating enough for needy skins, like mine, and i'm only 29. secondly, it's uncomfortable to follow facial oil with a top coat of a moisture quenching cream (like Clinique's On-Line). and third, why bother? Clarins' Multi-Active night cream is the best thing i ever put on my face; it's not only VERY hydrating, but can easily tolarate another coat of a different moisturizer. see my separate review.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2004 4:42:00 AM More reviews by lipstik

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is sooooo great for my dehydrated, sensitive skin! For those of you who spill the product or don't like the packaging, here's the Clarins method taught by the skin care specialists: Place your palm over the bottle's opening (making an airtight, spillproof seal), turn the bottle over (keeping your palm firmly over the top), then turn it back upright. Take your hand off the bottle's opening and take a look. There should be a contact-lens-sized drop of oil on your palm. Do that three or so more times on different areas of your palm so that you have four "drops" of oil on your palm. Put the bottle down, put your hands together and "warm" the oil between both palms before "pressing" it onto your skin. There is absolutely no waste of product and you will get the perfect amount to use on your face.

I use this under my Clarins Thirst Quenching Hydra-Balance Mask once a week. continued >>