October 2, 2014 | 1231 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

My friend gave me a generous sample of this, and I have to say I like it overall. I can't say it's my favorite just yet... I'll have to use it a few more times before I make up my mind, but I do like it and will be purchasing a full sized for myself. I think I over did it with how much I used, but I didn't feel like my hair had anything on it. However, once I got out of the shower, and combed my hair, it was really soft, and conditioned. I was surprised since I couldn't feel anything while in the shower. I didn't care for the smell, but luckily, since I used it with Big, Big's scent overpowered it, and that's the scent that stayed in my hair. Overall, it's a nice conditioner, and I will be purchasing it so I can decided whether I truly love it or not. My hair does look great, shiny, and no dry ends, so it does do a good job!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by maggiemuffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A lot of people can't get into the smell of this stuff. Heck, even I couldn't get into it upon first whiff of the tub. But I decided to try it anyway, and BOY am I glad I did! My hair is super soft and smooth and shiny, and the smell definitely changed into something lovely (I used it with Ibiza Party Shampoo). The container is pretty small, which is really the only thing I would change about the product. Fortunately, a little bit goes a long way! I have coarse, wavy, color-damaged hair, and a little finger-scoop of this stuff made it perfect again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Felis

I loovvvve it :)
I am in love with the scent. It makes my hair shiny and straight. But i have to say that you shouldn't use it so much if you have thiny, weak hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Love this! Generally, I use this as an everyday conditioner, or after I get back from the beach (which...as much as I'm at the beach, this stuff goes pretty fast). My hair is super dry, and coloring it hasn't moisturized or improved it in any way, shape or form (new moisturizing formulas, my a$$!). This makes my hair soft and manageable, and on days where I don't have anything going on after school, I go to the gym directly after and work out, then put retread on in the shower and leave it on all afternoon and evening, then rinse it out before I go to bed.

The herbal scent lasts for awhile, and since I go to a hippie school with hippie boys, they just can't get enough of the hippie herbal scent of retread in my hair. I've actually turned around to discover a guy leaning over and sniffing my hair (which was creepy, but gratifying).

I can see how people wouldn't like the scent of it, I didn't like it at first either. It's a bit of an acquired smell, and it especially goes well with Dolce & Gabbanna Light Blue perfume.

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is absolutely fried from too much coloring and blow drying. I've been using Retread for about a week along with the Trichomania shampoo, and I've noticed a huge difference in the way my hair looks and feels. It's nice and soft and ridiculously shiny. I don't think my hair has ever been shiny. :P

That said, there IS an adjustment period. The first few times I used this, it left my hair really tangly, but that passed quickly enough. I'd imagine that it depends on the types of products/chemicals/whatever you've been using on hair prior to using this. The only other drawback to Retread is that it's just a bit too heavy for everyday use. Well, that and the price, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got samples of this retread leave in conditioner AND I LOVE IT!!! Im going back to LUSH at our Ala moana mall store and get this jar!!! after using the rehab and american cream conditioner i need more conditioning im glad they gave me 3 little tubs of this retread leave in, Im sold on it, and going back to get the large jar, and check out there store again!! its a fun woman thing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aurora_daisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite conditioner. I use it with Rehab and my hair has never looked better. It is shiny and soft and healthy looking. It might smell a little strange in the tub, but once my hair is dry after using it, it smells amazing. I get so many compliments on how good my hair smells. One lady I work with even said that I don't need perfume, or deodorant since my hair smells so good. My boyfriend loves it, I love it, I can't imagine why so many people think it smells so bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

strange to me that so many people despise the scent of retread. that was actually the main reason i bought it! it smells like subtly clean hair to me and not much else. i do need a bit of moisture because i dye my hair, but i have oily hair so i use conditioner sparingly. it makes my hair soft and smelling good. i love it and i'll buy it as long as they carry it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cowboymommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh... I was just okay with this conditioner. For it to be as "moisturizing" as they say, I wasn't impressed. I think Jungle does a better job and goes a lot longer of a way in quantity and price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bobsyouruncle

Okay Lush hater that I have surely become this is one of the worst products Ive ever used in their dish soap and candle wax line of hair products. I dont know who developes their products but they should be caned,or horse whipped or worse..forced to use this shite!!(and I bet they dont!)