November 27, 2014 | 1441 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tested this along with another Lush shampoo. The SA didn't seem excited about the product, and she was right. The smell, while I liked it in the shop and I liked it in the shower, stayed strong and I could smell it the next day quite distinctly. I didn't like the smell after drying - kind of like an antique store - must be a polish/old furniture type of smell. I've smelt that before with Olay Quench and I stopped using that product. Anyway, as for conditioning, I had to use a lot and I never got the slipperiness I need to get a comb through my hair. My hair still felt pretty parched while I was massaging it in and after I rinsed it out. It just didn't feel calm. The next day, my hair still felt dry and crunchy. To me, a good conditioner needs to work right away, or forget it. So, this is a no go for me. And I don't want the smell competing with my expensive perfumes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by DANCINGGAL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I marked this product as 'I wouldn't buy again', but that's because now I don't need to. This stuff totally tamed my crazy, out of control, curly, frizzy hair. I started out having to use quite a bit, but quickly downgraded to smaller and smaller portions. Now my hair is smooth and well conditioned, I don't even need to use this anymore! Now I use Jungle, which I actually prefer the smell of. I've passed this onto my mum who has very similar hair to mine, but I would use this as a monthly treatment or if my hair was super dry or something.
UPDATE!: My mother is currently obsessed with this. She thinks it makes her scalp feel super cool, which is a very good thing considering we are in Australia, it's summer and she gets heat flushes. Also, her hair looks the best it has in years, if ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

My friend gave me a generous sample of this, and I have to say I like it overall. I can't say it's my favorite just yet... I'll have to use it a few more times before I make up my mind, but I do like it and will be purchasing a full sized for myself. I think I over did it with how much I used, but I didn't feel like my hair had anything on it. However, once I got out of the shower, and combed my hair, it was really soft, and conditioned. I was surprised since I couldn't feel anything while in the shower. I didn't care for the smell, but luckily, since I used it with Big, Big's scent overpowered it, and that's the scent that stayed in my hair. Overall, it's a nice conditioner, and I will be purchasing it so I can decided whether I truly love it or not. My hair does look great, shiny, and no dry ends, so it does do a good job!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by maggiemuffin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A lot of people can't get into the smell of this stuff. Heck, even I couldn't get into it upon first whiff of the tub. But I decided to try it anyway, and BOY am I glad I did! My hair is super soft and smooth and shiny, and the smell definitely changed into something lovely (I used it with Ibiza Party Shampoo). The container is pretty small, which is really the only thing I would change about the product. Fortunately, a little bit goes a long way! I have coarse, wavy, color-damaged hair, and a little finger-scoop of this stuff made it perfect again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Felis

I loovvvve it :)
I am in love with the scent. It makes my hair shiny and straight. But i have to say that you shouldn't use it so much if you have thiny, weak hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Love this! Generally, I use this as an everyday conditioner, or after I get back from the beach (which...as much as I'm at the beach, this stuff goes pretty fast). My hair is super dry, and coloring it hasn't moisturized or improved it in any way, shape or form (new moisturizing formulas, my a$$!). This makes my hair soft and manageable, and on days where I don't have anything going on after school, I go to the gym directly after and work out, then put retread on in the shower and leave it on all afternoon and evening, then rinse it out before I go to bed.

The herbal scent lasts for awhile, and since I go to a hippie school with hippie boys, they just can't get enough of the hippie herbal scent of retread in my hair. I've actually turned around to discover a guy leaning over and sniffing my hair (which was creepy, but gratifying).

I can see how people wouldn't like the scent of it, I didn't like it at first either. It's a bit of an acquired smell, and it especially goes well with Dolce & Gabbanna Light Blue perfume.

Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by hellogina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair is absolutely fried from too much coloring and blow drying. I've been using Retread for about a week along with the Trichomania shampoo, and I've noticed a huge difference in the way my hair looks and feels. It's nice and soft and ridiculously shiny. I don't think my hair has ever been shiny. :P

That said, there IS an adjustment period. The first few times I used this, it left my hair really tangly, but that passed quickly enough. I'd imagine that it depends on the types of products/chemicals/whatever you've been using on hair prior to using this. The only other drawback to Retread is that it's just a bit too heavy for everyday use. Well, that and the price, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got samples of this retread leave in conditioner AND I LOVE IT!!! Im going back to LUSH at our Ala moana mall store and get this jar!!! after using the rehab and american cream conditioner i need more conditioning im glad they gave me 3 little tubs of this retread leave in, Im sold on it, and going back to get the large jar, and check out there store again!! its a fun woman thing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aurora_daisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite conditioner. I use it with Rehab and my hair has never looked better. It is shiny and soft and healthy looking. It might smell a little strange in the tub, but once my hair is dry after using it, it smells amazing. I get so many compliments on how good my hair smells. One lady I work with even said that I don't need perfume, or deodorant since my hair smells so good. My boyfriend loves it, I love it, I can't imagine why so many people think it smells so bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

strange to me that so many people despise the scent of retread. that was actually the main reason i bought it! it smells like subtly clean hair to me and not much else. i do need a bit of moisture because i dye my hair, but i have oily hair so i use conditioner sparingly. it makes my hair soft and smelling good. i love it and i'll buy it as long as they carry it.