September 20, 2014 | 1269 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by andthebeautyis

*note: i tried a sample of this product when i purchased the makeup optional kit. price & packaging rating are simply judging from the photo.*

my skin used to be great. the only issue i really had was an uneven skintone, but that was easily fixed by makeup. my pride was in my clear skin. oh, i would get your typical hormonal breakouts, but i only ever really had to deal with 4 blemishes at the most. however, one use of this product gave me a MAJOR breakout (i had 20 blemishes on the right side of my face alone). the worst part is, i'm STILL dealing with it, 6 months after the fact. i can't believe the amount of grief this one product has cost me. i definitely wouldn't use/purchase this EVER, but i can't deny the fact that it works for some people. i would suggest getting a sample first, if they are available.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tickypost1

Edit:its the 25th and instead of twice I used it 3x a week and still nothing. Nothing good nothing bad, just plain nothing for something that cost$117. I'm returning it. A waste of money for me but my sister likes it. ,I bought this cause of the great advertisement on QVC. And cause of the best reviews I have read here.....I used it 2x in one week and I don't see anything at all. Nothing happened. I only used it twice ever since I got it but seriously zero results. Am I the only one? I scrubbed the scrub for 1 min then added the liquid on my face to mix the two I scrubbed the both applications together then left it on for 3 to 4 mins then washed it with zero results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by gorosheeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This peel works sooooo very well. It evens my skin tone drastically, softens, brightens, and improves texture. The difference is definitely noticeable after only a few uses. Sadly, every single time I use this, I get at least one massively clogged pore -red, itchy, and not pretty. Still, the results are amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by ana_bela

First off, the best way to get this at a reasonable price is to get the massive lots of sample packs from evilbay. I ended up spending 30% of the full price by getting sample packs, and they stay fresh and untainted. The sample packs each contain several applications (step 1 is 1/3 oz per sample, step 2 is 1/6 oz. - SO much more affordable.)

My goodness. What's not to love? I used to just use the crystals until I realized how smooth and soft my skin is after using both steps. My skin's getting rough and textured as I age, and this scrub eliminates that problem entirely. I use it every few days in the morning, and I'm always impressed with the smoothness and luminosity. Makeup goes on beautifully, no more dry patches or odd flakes.
The crystals are pretty intense - do NOT rub them in roughly like I did at first. It's more of a circular massaging motion. Perhaps if you rub them in it's more like a peel, but in the worst way, like sandpaper. Massage.
So, it's not really a peel, it's more a lovely exfoliating scrub. Misnamed, but I don't even care. Highly recommended if your skin issues tend to be textural rather than lots of breakouts. Kicks the s**t out of any other scrub I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This really works! It smells great and is a quick way to give your face a healthy and smooth glow!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Rita19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first in-home peel I have ever tried. I have used microdermabrasion products from Mary Kay and Biore, but with average results. I wanted to try this before spending hundreds at a Med Spa on Chemical peels. So far, I have only been using this once a week. My skin never felt so soft and smooth after just the first use. The smell of step 1 is lemony, and smells delicious. My skin tone is more even and more radiant. I highly recommend this product!! I also use this along with the Purity Cleanser. My skin type is combo to oily with occasional breakouts. This product unfortunately makes me break out a bit after use. I plan on trying the oxygen peel next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. First of all, 4 stars because the price is outrageous. I received it as a gift and I'm dreading the day I run out and have to buy it myself! However, I've recently moved to NYC and my skin just freaked out. This kit helps bring it back to semi-normal conditions, and my skin is smoooooooth as buttah, baby! Well, except where the pimples are. I use it once a week, or whenever my skin starts getting really freaky, before bed.

It's quick, it's easy, it's love. I don't have the money to get facials/peels done professionally, but this is holdin' down the fort pretty decently!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Since my skin has been in good condition, I wanted to try out this product to maintain and enhance my skin from few acne scars. I read all the positive reviews but didn't have high expectations. After first use, my face was glowing(not shiny) and my large pores on my nose almost looked invisible. But the next morning, I broke out like crazy! Large red bumps were all over my chin, forehead, everywhere on my face! I was disappointed but I remembered that I left it on my face longer than the direction instructed, I probably left it on my face for 10 minutes. I generally like to leave any masks and defoliators on my face for longer than the instructions but I think this product is way too harsh to leave it for that long. Anyways I decided to give it another chance and this time I follow their directions for only leaving it on for 1-2 minutes after step 2. I have to say, this time it worked, no breakouts. I still don't like it as much as the Aspirin mask but overall it's ok. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin since it burns a little when you apply both step 1 + 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I've been using this for a few years now---first got it as a sample @ Sephora and had to run out to buy the full size! It literally takes off all the dead skin, dry patches and even lightens old pimple scars I have on my chin. You do need to do a little bit of work to prep the kit for your face. Apply the vitamin C crystals directly onto your clean & dry face, give it a good rub, concentrating on areas that need it most then apply the activating gel, which turns the crystals into a warming, paste-like consistency, massage it for a couple of minutes, rinse and you will notice the difference right away! Make sure to apply moisturizer afterward (with SPF if you decide to use this in daytime). It is pricey @ $65 but well worth it. One of the downfall is that the vitamin C starts to smell a bit 'rancid' towards the end of its shelf life (about a year, it didn't come as a big surprise but disappointed nonetheless) so if you like the product and your skin can handle it, don't use it too infrequently because the product will be wasted. I've done that twice already, because of the cost I didn't want to use it every week, more like once or twice month,ended up wasting a lot of product when I had to toss it. All in all, the best exfoliant I've ever used.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by onlygoodthings

This treatment was super easy to do! It only took about five minutes which was great! From the moment I applied the gel I could feel it doing it's work. It left my skin feeling ultra soft - my boyfriend just kept touching my cheeks! It also left me with a beautiful glow and smoothed out some bumpiness around my forehead. I will be doing this weekly for sure.