Philosophy Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

4.3

The Microdelivery Peel: Bicarbonate Vitamin C Crystals: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Oleth-20, Glyceryl Stearate (SE), Silica, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Beta Carotene, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. Rapid Activation Gel: Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 10, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 5/30/09

on 11/11/2010 1:11:00 PM

PROS: First the sales associate used the crystals to exfoliate (which for once, Philosophy, smells wonderful!) and then she put on the gel to activate the vitamin c. My skin looked smoother and even a bit tighter right afterward.

CONS: They shouldn't call this a peel. It's nothing like one. And it doesn't deliver results like a peel. My large pores were irritated and looked even bigger. The crystals must be too large.

ALTERNATES: I'd just stick with regular exfoliating like St. Ives Microdermabrasion scrub or even better Dermalogica's Daily Resurfacer (doesn't bother my rosacea at all.)

on 10/23/2010 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I almost finished my first 2oz package, and bought a new set during the FF sale at Sephora - I love this so much, and it's my HG peel for sure!
I know it's not a real "peel", more like an exfoliator (if there is any difference, I'd say exfoliating is manually scrubbing, peels is chemicals).

My skin is always baby soft afterwards, and stays that way for a couple days - I use it twice a week, and my skin glows the day after I've used it :D
I just wish it wasn't so expensive, and that I could buy the step 1 for itself - I'm not sure how much difference the step 2 liquid actually does.

on 10/4/2010 1:38:00 AM

This is a great at home peel. The very first day I used this product I notice the difference. My skin feels smooth, soft, it looks brighter and fresh looking. The dark spots look lighter and pores seem smaller. Happy I took the risk with this peel. Little high on the $$$$ part but its worth it.

on 9/29/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent product. I can't believe how amazing and smooth my face feels after I use this. Feels like baby skin on my face and my pores look a lot smaller and my complexion is less red and more even toned. I'll continue to buy this and I highly recommend that everyone try it out even if you can find a sample pack first in case it doesn't work for you.

on 9/11/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE this treatment!!! Fun to use, smells great, makes skin feel baby soft and look clean, clear and refreshed. Really enjoy using this product. Very pampering and I enjoy using it. It's like having your own spa at home:) No this set is not cheap, but again, this is your face ladies! You get what you pay for! On my 4th set of this stuff. One of my favorite skin care products:)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A great product that does exactly what it says it will do -- and we all know that's rare. Thanks to the good MUA reviews, I've made it part of my Sunday afternoon. Also, a big thanks to reviewers for noting that you don't need to overdo it on the scrub step -- if I hadn't read that I no doubt would have.

on 8/3/2010 2:00:00 PM

Not one to write reviews a lot, but just had to put in my 2-cents' worth for this product. I used this last night for the first time and I am sooo impressed. I've recently been on a course of prednisone (for an allergic reaction) and this led to my face breaking out like a teenager (I'm 42!). Add this to the weight gain from the steroids, and you have a serious blow to the old self-esteem.... I've always had problem skin, but this is ridiculous!

Anyway, did my research on MUA and decided to try this kit. After just one use - last night - my acne is less inflamed-looking, dark spots/scars are not as dark, and my pores are not as visible. I know this stuff is pricey, but if it works this well long-term, I'm more than happy to pay the $$$$.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*note: i tried a sample of this product when i purchased the makeup optional kit. price & packaging rating are simply judging from the photo.*

my skin used to be great. the only issue i really had was an uneven skintone, but that was easily fixed by makeup. my pride was in my clear skin. oh, i would get your typical hormonal breakouts, but i only ever really had to deal with 4 blemishes at the most. however, one use of this product gave me a MAJOR breakout (i had 20 blemishes on the right side of my face alone). the worst part is, i'm STILL dealing with it, 6 months after the fact. i can't believe the amount of grief this one product has cost me. i definitely wouldn't use/purchase this EVER, but i can't deny the fact that it works for some people. i would suggest getting a sample first, if they are available.

on 6/14/2010 10:21:00 PM

Edit:its the 25th and instead of twice I used it 3x a week and still nothing. Nothing good nothing bad, just plain nothing for something that cost$117. I'm returning it. A waste of money for me but my sister likes it. ,I bought this cause of the great advertisement on QVC. And cause of the best reviews I have read here.....I used it 2x in one week and I don't see anything at all. Nothing happened. I only used it twice ever since I got it but seriously zero results. Am I the only one? I scrubbed the scrub for 1 min then added the liquid on my face to mix the two I scrubbed the both applications together then left it on for 3 to 4 mins then washed it with zero results.

on 5/13/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This peel works sooooo very well. It evens my skin tone drastically, softens, brightens, and improves texture. The difference is definitely noticeable after only a few uses. Sadly, every single time I use this, I get at least one massively clogged pore -red, itchy, and not pretty. Still, the results are amazing!

Popular Treatments (Face)