Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

4.4

on 4/9/2012 2:14:00 PM

This is my first review, but I just had to write one for this product! I got this at Ulta's "calendar" sale a couple of weeks ago. Since it was 25% off, I figured I could give it a try. I mostly use it to set my makeup and it does a great job. It sprays evenly with a fine mist. I usually spray after my makeup and it stays on most of the day. When I really need long wear out of my makeup (16+ hours), I'll spray it after my primer, too. Even after sweating like crazy at a rehearsal, my makeup looked flawless.

I'm not usually a big fan of rose scents, but this smell dissipates quickly and isn't too overpowering. I can't wait to use this as a quick refresher in the Houston summer heat. Great product!

on 3/23/2012 11:30:00 AM

I love this spray. I use this in so many ways. My skin is flakey and dry, so I use this to set my makeup and tone down any flakes from any kind of powder. I use it before applying any type of serum or face oil to help the product "sink" in better and smooth on easier. I use this to just freshen up my dry skin if I am in indoor heat or air. And, I have also used this on my hair if I am around smoke or just haven't washed that morning. It smells so good to me and I will continue to buy it.
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Bladderwrack Extract,Herbal Extract, Rose Extract,Gardenia Extract,Propylene Glycol

on 2/3/2012 3:59:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin and bought this to set mineral makeup. My face is already broken out so I don't know whether this irritates it or not BUT the strong rose smell makes me want to gag. I'm amazed it doesn't seem to bother other reviewers. The smell gradually dissipates but meanwhile I feel like some little old grandmother tottering with a cane. Not a smell that inspires self-confidence for me.

on 1/21/2012 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wonderful product, especiallt for the price point. I keep it near my desk and give myself a little spritz when I feel dry. Can be used under and on top of makeup. I love it!

I alternate between using the Mario Badescu Facial Spray and the Avene Thermal Spring water spray. I suffer from eczema, so my skin is often irritated, itchy and red. The Mario Badescu spray doesn't exactly calm my skin, but it does have hydrating properties in it. However, I've gotten a little spray crazy before and it made me look too dewy. I spray it on my face twice after I've washed my face and used toner.

on 12/15/2011 4:24:00 PM

This is a great pick-me-up product. The mist is superfine and refreshing, and it adds a fresh dewiness to my complexion. I apply this throughout the day, and especially after I've applied my makeup to set it. Once I've set my makeup with a pump of the mist, I lay a tissue lightly over my face to blot. This gives you a soft, glowing, barely there makeup appearance. I love to relaxing floral scent! Highly recommended

on 12/7/2011 12:48:00 AM

so surprised by what a facial spray can do! really helps to keep the redness in my face down, and absorbs well and quickly into my skin. im not exactly using it as a toner but more for everything. i spritz this after i tone my face and before i moisturize and to set my make up after. and the nozzle of the spray really gets to the whole surface area of the face. plus its made of plastic, so its makes it really light to carry around. plus love the rose scent!

on 11/9/2011 10:51:00 PM

I use this to set my mineral makeup. It is fabulous! I have very sensitive skin, and it doesn't react to this at all. It really helps blend out my foundation. I also use this this by itself whenever my face feels dry or if I need to calm down the redness.

on 10/29/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a flight attendant, I need something to hydrate my skin without ruining my makeup on a long flight. I felt this product was amazing...at first. After a month, I noticed a fishy smell after spraying it. I don't know what caused this, but others noticed it when I sprayed them. I am currently trying to find more moisturizing sprays out there without the weird smell.

on 10/13/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I just received this in the mail from my Hautelook order! I love this stuff. I'm not quite sure of what exactly it does yet, but I love it nonetheless. It just feels so refreshing! I use it after my normal toner and before my regular moisturizer just to give it that added boost of moisture. I will use one or two sprays after makeup application just too ensure I don't look powdery. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the smell but I don't hate it either. It is very rosy but dissipates quickly. I have used it to take some flyaways in my hair a well. It's seems like a nice product and it's not expensive either.

EDIT (12/27/2011):
I, too, have been noticing a "fishy" scent when using this spray. It doesn't happen every single time I use the spray. Maybe sometimes it just doesn't mix well with other products I've put on my face? I'll have to experiment more to find out. However, the smell isn't bad enough for me to stop using it. If it gets any worse, I will update again.

Top Rated Mario Badescu Products