Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 9/24/2010 11:52:00 PM

Vaseline is AMAZING. Best lip moisturizer because it doesn't taste or smell like anything and really seals in moisture. Especially helpful in the winter and helps to heal chapped lips pretty quickly. I use it everyday for my lips and it can obviously be used for many other purposes.

on 8/14/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't use this for half of the creative things the ladies here seem to use it for, but it's excellent for any dry skin on your body.

It's my before-bed lip balm (extremely soft lips when you wake up!), dry patches on your body like elbows and feet, around and inside your nose when you have irritation due to the cold, dry air or illness...I love to put it on overtop of lipstick to add gloss or to blend or mute the colour a little bit.

The packaging isn't great for travelling, but at such an affordable price for such a great product, I can't really complain (EDIT: I have just discovered that they make this with a flip-top for travel - zero complaints now!) Will definitely repurchase again but I use such small amounts that I don't see myself needing a new jar for a very long time.

on 8/14/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I haven't bought this product in a while. After reading the reviews here I remembered it's many benefits again. Will definitely by it in the near future. Thanks for reminding me!

on 8/14/2010 1:42:00 PM

I love this product for dry patches on my body, growing my eyelashes, and moisturizing my lips! But do not use this on your face or for acne, I broke out horribly and found out Vaseline contains Mineral Oil!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this on my lips at night before bed and wakeup with the SOFTEST LIPS EVER. I can't wait to see how well it works in winter.
Holy. Grail.

on 7/21/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Vaseline! I always have a tub by my nightstand! I use vaseline on my lashes to soften them and condition them, a little pea size amount as an eye cream, on cuts, for my lips, all over moisturizer, dead ends, on rough elbows and knees, on my feet before bed, lip base for bright lipsticks, on my cuticles, mixed with a kool aid packet for a fun lipgloss, microwave a chocolate chip and some vaseline and once solidified it is a choco gloss,bad acne moisturizer,apply before spraying perfume to make it last longer, mix with sea salts for a scrub, tough eye makeup remover, add to eyeshadow for a glossy look, apply to cheeks for dewy skin, rub some on sides of nails beofre painting for a beautiful manicure, to help put on earrings,get off lash glue, and pretty much anything else you could think of. whew! my hands hurt!

on 7/15/2010 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

good old vaseline! i always ALWAYS have one on my nightstand. every night before i go to bed, i put it on my lips and instantly my lips feel so moisturised. and every morning i wake up to super soft lips. and after i wash my face i put vaseline on my lips first and do my moisturiser and makeup etc, lipsticks go on so smoothly.

i love it, even in winter my lips are still soft and moisturised, thanks to vaseline.

i sometimes rub a tiny bit on the back of my hands as well when my hands are overly dry. it is just a really good all time fav product.

on 6/6/2010 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love Vaseline! Used too, I applied Vaseline on my lashes and on my lash line every night before I went to sleep. My lashes grew, but barely.

Plus Vaseline is great for making ghetto lip gloss!Just take some eyeshadow (preferably loose eyeshadow) and some Vaseline. Stir the two together until well blended. Then apply it to your lips, and ta-daa! Homemade Lipgloss!

The best part about that is you can mix and match different shades until you find the one that works best for you. Also, if you stir loose face powder around with the Vaseline and eyeshadow pigments, I've found that it stays on better and can actually lighten up the colors a bit.

And as we all know, Vaseline makes a great wiener wetter ;)

As for lips (the ones on your face), Vaseline is a great ultra cheap alternative for a lip moisturizer! Apply it to your lips and then after awhile, your lips are well nourished!

Hope this helps!

on 5/22/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use Vaseline for
1] moisturising lips
2] putting around lashes before bed to wake up to longer and healthier looking lashes
3] getting rid of stubborn eye make up like mascara, just with fingers, no cotton needed
4] moisturising dry skin on face,body,dry cracked heels and dry nuckles
11] making it easier to put tight bangles onto the wrist
12] easing in earrings when piercing is abou to close up
I could go on and on...

on 4/28/2010 9:01:00 AM

Oh, Vaseline... What I'd do without you. <3.
Vaseline is the only thing that works for my lips and makeup removal. I haven't used it as a moisturizer yet, but I don't know if I will [--it's too convenient to use one product with spf, and skip a step].
What a versitile, genius product. I bet God is proud of humankind. :]