Chanel Gardenia

on 3/10/2005 9:28:00 PM

As other reviewers have noted, this isn't a gardenia scent - it's what Chanel interpreted a gardenia to smell like - but it's a light jasmine tea scent to me. In fact, that's exactly what it smells like - a light, fresh and refreshing cup of jasmine tea, iced with a smidge of vanilla.

As someone just said to me on the frag board - it's a light, fresh, clean floral without any citrus or powder. Lovely!

on 3/3/2005 7:22:00 PM

Gorgeous, elegant, feminine, light, clean, marvelous!

on 2/21/2005 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have NEVER been a floral lover - only because they don't smell good on me. I don't know why - they would just turn sour or acidic and end up making me feel ill or giving me a headache. I have tried though - many times - only because I really love the smell of gardenia, tuberose, jasmine - many of the exotic florals. The first two KIND OF agreed with me - but not to the point I'd ever buy a fragrance with those as the primary notes - there was definitely something weird happening with them once they touched my skin. Jasmine, on the other hand, NEVER smelled nice on me. Anyway, one day I decided to try my sample of Chanel Gardenia. I dabbed it on my wrist - waiting for it at any moment to start making me feel ill. Well, I waited and waited and waited. Oh my goodness - it didn't happen. It was the most gorgeous jasmine/gardenia scent I've ever smelled and it didn't change once it encountered my chemistry. It's not an overwhelming floral, like Fracas, which I really like - on other people. Rather, it's a light, ethereal fragrance. I can't get enough. I'm even considering buying the parfum. It's a bit pricey, yes, but I may never come across a floral (white floral) that smells this good on me again. For the time being, I'll just have to douse myself with the EDT.

on 2/10/2005 10:45:00 PM

I was so happy when Chanel reintroduced this fragrance. Or perhaps they just made it available in the US? I'm not sure, but after researching Chanel, I was dismayed that I could not get it. My DH purchased the huge 3.4oz bottle for me for Christmas and I love it. It's a soft, sweet floral that is never overpowering on me. I do agree that it does not have the lasting power of Allure or Coco, but if spritzed on after applyinga non scented moisturizer it stays quite well on me & my skin is quite dry this time of year. I will happily repurchase if it's available when this bottle is gone, however I believe it might be limited edition.

on 2/9/2005 8:23:00 PM

Oh my gosh, if you haven't tried this, please do. It is such a beautiful scent, perfect for spring or summer. This is a very wearable white floral and on me it's really fresh and sparkling. I have this in the pure parfum and it's worth every penny. I might get this in the EDT as well so I can spritz liberally.

on 2/1/2005 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Chanel "Gardenia" Eau de Toilette is an elegant, feminine, light fragrance. I love the creamy scent and vanilla in It. Pop Diva Kylie Minogue wears It. I will defiantly repurchase.

on 12/8/2004 6:14:00 AM

It's been described to death already so I'll be short.

***I love it***

on 11/20/2004 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love gardenias. I love them light and airy; I love them heady and heavy. I love them clean and green; I love them sweet and "pink."
I have smelled this on young women in their twenties, on women in their 50s, on the SA at the store, on 2 of my friends, on myself.
It's not just me.
This smells like patchouli and jasmine and orange.
Where is the Gardenia?

on 11/16/2004 7:09:00 PM

If you like Gardenia scents than this could quite possibly become your all time favorite, This is now my all around fovorite over any other fragrance i have. To me it does indeed have a definite gardenia scent to it, i don't quite detect any jasmine, but i do detect maybe a little honeysuckle as someone else stated. It is voluptuous, it is warm, it is sublime, It has that certain something, what the french call,.. oh i don't know what. As for the staying power it, (like most other current scents out there)Blows, but i enjoy it so much that i do not mind refreshing during the day, and can only hope that The H.O.C. releases an EDP. (perhaps they have already and i cannot find it). One thing i must point out is until Gardenia i never liked any chanel fragrances, i do like many Chanel products and cosmetics but the fragrances have always had such a strong, sharp odor to my nose. this scent, simply put, is beautiful.

****UPDATE**** I have been wearing this almost daily now and i must say i do detect a bit of jasmine in this now, but only a bit...also for those of you who like a heady gardenia, this is not it. this is a soft light somewhat smooth gardenia, i would not call this a "tropical gardenia"..it is more of a sophisticated, elegant gardenia (not to say tropical cannot be sophisticated or elegant.) in other words it smells exactly like what you would expect a chanel gardenia to smell like.

on 11/9/2004 4:03:00 PM

On the one day that I wanted to feel and smell and be the most utterly and irresistably feminine and pretty, I reached for this. Yes, this was my choice of fragrance for my wedding day! We were married in Italy in a beautiful villa near the sea, and this scent held it's own in such a beautiful, idllyic setting. It definitely completed the picture. Bellissima!

Popular Fragrances