Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

4.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (2011 formula)

on 2/8/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this twice a week, It says to use once a week but I get better results from twice. At first I thought the smell was overbearing but I gave it a second change and I actually love the scent! I only gave it some low lippies for the price/size of the bottle. I wish there was more of it for the money I payed. All in all thought its a great product.

on 1/15/2012 10:28:00 PM

Yay, I love this product!

I had read so many recommendations for this shampoo when reading up on the Joico K-Pak Reconstructor, so i decided to buy it over the holidays when i saw it on sale.

So glad i did :D

I always thought using professional hair products would pretty much eliminate build up (Matrix and Sexy Hair Concepts for example) and i was super, super wrong. I have very fine hair for an asian and usually use volumising shampoos because its so flat.

The first time i used this shampoo it seemed even flatter, but the second time i had a gorgeous LION'S MANE OF HAIR!!! Lots of that sexy movement at the roots of the hair like you see in shampoo commercials, luv it!

Also, a note on the smell..
From the bottle, it smells like shampoo you get in a hotel. Not bad, but unisex.
After drying the hair: I can't smell it at all on me , and i don't know how people could possibly say they still smell like it days after? How is that possible?
Twenty minutes after a wash there's no cologne-y smell! It can't just be me.

P.S - use it no more than once a week - can't be said enough!

on 1/12/2012 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Within the last month I had switched my shampoo to the Finesse shampoo which caused a bunch of problems for my hair. I started to notice a bunch of build up and no matter what I did I couldn't get my hair to appear clean. So I switched to one of my older shampoos that worked wonders in the past and it didn't even get my hair clean. After getting frustrated, I decided to go out and by this shampoo. I follow it as directed on the packaging and also went back to my most trusted shampo and conditioner. My hair is finally looking amazing again and it feels awesome as well. I didn't really have a problem with the smell of this product, it honestly just smelled like a more potent baby powder which doesn't bother me at all since I have a 2 year old. I also didn't have any problem with it drying out my hair but I would recommend FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS.

on 1/11/2012 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really made a mess of my hair the last few months overdoing it with smoothing serums choc full of cones. My nearly fully recovered dry, damaged hair was looking dull and lifeless. I knew it was a massive build up issue, and no amount of regular shampooing seemed to fully rid me of the problem, though I'd quit using the problem products. I finally scoured the drugstore in desperation, asking for the best clarifying shampoo, and that's just what I got! it smells kinda medicinal and odd, but a little of this thick product lathered well and richly, and I left it on for 2 minutes before rinsing. I conditioned and air dried. After, I realized my build up problem was over! Shiny, bouncy, happy hair again! I wouldn't dare use it more than once a week, though. This stuff removes it all, and my hair dries out very easily. But.. it's a great tool if you are hair- care- happy to a fault! My cone products are now acting again like when I first got them- Joy! The only draw back is the smell - you will need the first few days to fully rid your hair of it!

on 1/7/2012 11:36:00 AM

This product works really well but it STINKS so I gave it a 3. If it weren't for the nasty smell I'd give it a 5 because it really does work. My bangs get so oily that I have to wash them every day even though I only wash the rest of my hair every 3 days. Lately my bangs just haven't looked or felt clean no matter what shampoo I've used. They've also been flat, dull and generally hard to deal with. After using the Neutrogena my bangs were full of volume and shiny clean but not dried out at all. Unfortunately, the smell made me sick so I have to return it. I should have smelled it before I bought it but oh well.

If you are not sensitive to strong fragrances and need a good clarifying shampoo I highly recommend this one. Just be sure to follow with a good mask or conditioner.

This stuff changed my life! I get so much volume from this product and it really works. I know people hate the smell but I love it! Its like cologne almost. As hair professionals say, our hair can get 'immune' to hair products, so a complete restart is necesisary if you want to use the same shampoo/products forever and this does that! However please dont use more than once a week (I tried that) or else your hair will feel like straw. and make sure to use a good conditoner/mask after this. The picture shows a tiny bottle of 175mL which sells for about $8 CAN but I bought the 1Litre bottle for about $11 (Walmart). This stuff also lasts forever. Im estimating that my 1Litre wont be done until a good 5years, which is crazy, but yeah!
Would I repurchase? Yeah. again and again.
Check out my reviews on other hair products and let me know if this review was helpful or not. :)

on 1/4/2012 6:06:00 PM

I love this shampoo. I have thin hair, so this product really gives it a good fluf. Also, I use Pantene conditioner for fine hair afterwards and then Nexus Headress. Hair looks great. I suppose this shampoo could be drying for some hair types as it is a stronger shampoo and I do always have to condition afterwards, but for my hair type it makes it fluffy and shiny and that works for me!

PS I also do use a sulfate free shampoo but still use this for anti-residue and this has not irritated my scalp, although it is more drying than the sulfate free, because this is clarifying.

on 12/11/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Oh... My... God. This was the worst purchase I have ever made. It was the end of summer and my scalp was oily and starting to flake despite everyday shampooing. I used this shampoo ONCE and it made my hair brittle and my head/hair smelled like a chemical factory for almost a week. I had to overcondition my hair and use a mild shampoo for a few weeks before the damage was repaired.

AWFUL!

on 12/11/2011 8:23:00 AM

I used it once a week as instructed....gave it a try for about 2-3 weeks.....it makes my hair squeeky clean...but FLAT AS HELL....made my hair have so many fly-aways and so much static!!! :S will not repurchase.

on 12/1/2011 10:33:00 AM

I use this about once a week and follow it with the Neutrgena Triple Moisture deep recovery hair mask and then no product. I can get away with that because I have a good hairstyle (for me, anyway) that is razor cut and 3 - 5 inches long all over. This once a week treatment works wonders for my fine textured color treated hair. The rest of the week is a mild S&C meant for color treated hair followed by product - must keep up appearances in the workplace!