October 25, 2014 | 1355 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

$4.54 a bottle at target + it does what it's supposed to- woot. bad thing is it smells like motel shampoo :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 9:20:00 AM More reviews by merchick

This shampoo really does work as well as salon brands in getting rid of product build-up. The really amazing thing, though, is that since I've had an itchy scalp for the last 3 years, it is the only shampoo that relieves the itch.
I strongly disklike the scent (reminds me of men's aftershave), but I keep repurchasing because there's no shampo as effective as this one.

I wonder if it would make a difference to add a drop of some type of essential oil...if I get around to trying that, I will edit the review to give the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

My hair had gotten to a point recently, after numerous deep conditioning treatments and the heat of summer, where even right after washing it still felt dirty. I had used my usual clarifying shampoo (Suave) which only made it feel like I needed to also condition my scalp, but it still felt grimy. This shampoo was brought to my attention via a YouTube video for summer favorites. I went out and bought it within the next few days and tried it immediately. Washing my hair with this made it feel like it could breathe again, like all the oil and grime that was blocking my hair's cuticles was released but not to a point where my hair felt like straw afterwards, it actually did not feel dry at all and after I used my regular conditioner it felt super soft, softer than it had felt in quite awhile. I now use this shampoo about once a week or so. I predict that when the weather cools down I will decrease my usage of this to twice a month or so because I really don't use products in my hair but on a special occasion. I also find that if I use this and then my regular shampoo and conditioner, my hair looks its absolute best.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by anisabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is "okay". Not amazing but doesn't suck either. Its cheap but it doesn't necessarily "do the job". I see a slight difference but not as much as Id like to see. Also, it looks like it'd be a men's cologne & it kinda smells like it too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by highdistortion

My hair has had a sticky hard film on the roots for awhile now. I was using a clarifying shampoo that worked for awhile but seems to have stopped. My hair has become so gross that I have to wear it up every day. I decided to try this shampoo today and I find it only made a small difference. I am going to use it again tomorrow even though it will probably dry my hair out and hopefully it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 4:28:00 AM More reviews by xuxuface

I used to wash my hair everyday by choice, and then throughout the years I HAD to wash my hair everyday because if I didn't wash it, my hair would look so greasy as if I hadn't washed my hair in days! I tried using many different shampoos to see if they'd do the trick but none worked.. My sister recommended me this shampoo and, IT'S AMAZING. Although after the shower, my hair seemed dry and damaged, but it's been the day after I washed it and it isn't as oily as it should of been (although it still is a bit oily..)! I'm happy with the results and I will definitely purchase this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this earlier today and finished washing my hair 10 minutes ago (it's not even dry yet) and I can already tell you this stuff is fricken amazing.

I'm only 15, and before today I was totally unaware that you're supposed to change up your shampoo and conditioner because your hair gets used to it. I have been using garner sleek and shine for over two years (I love it and it makes my hair look great) but 2 weeks ago I started having issues with being unable to get my hair to look or feel clean. In comes this baby! Although switching my shampoo and conditioner was also necessary, it wasn't going to make a difference unless I got something to get all the awful residue out of my hair first.

My hair feels so clean after using this and I followed it by normal shampoo and then conditioner (tresemme naturals deep moisture) My hair is soft and light for the first time in ages and I love it!

Price: Some have said it's expensive, but I got it on sale for 5$ CAD so although it's a small bottle it wasn't too bad.

Packaging: Utilitarian, but it's simple and clean looking (although I do love having multicolored neon bottles in my shower)

Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this shampoo is rather wonderful and weekly use has left my hair shiny and non-residue-y. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is the smell. It makes my hair smell manly

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

This product is okay. It didn't dramatically change my hair for the better, but it didn't do anything bad either. If you're not trying to go sulfate-free, it wouldn't be a bad thing to try, maybe it will do wonders for your hair! However, I'm trying to stay away from the sulfates, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product stripped my hair so bad that it caused my hair to matte up!!!! Will not buy again. I have very kinky hair.