August 28, 2014 | 1153 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this earlier today and finished washing my hair 10 minutes ago (it's not even dry yet) and I can already tell you this stuff is fricken amazing.

I'm only 15, and before today I was totally unaware that you're supposed to change up your shampoo and conditioner because your hair gets used to it. I have been using garner sleek and shine for over two years (I love it and it makes my hair look great) but 2 weeks ago I started having issues with being unable to get my hair to look or feel clean. In comes this baby! Although switching my shampoo and conditioner was also necessary, it wasn't going to make a difference unless I got something to get all the awful residue out of my hair first.

My hair feels so clean after using this and I followed it by normal shampoo and then conditioner (tresemme naturals deep moisture) My hair is soft and light for the first time in ages and I love it!

Price: Some have said it's expensive, but I got it on sale for 5$ CAD so although it's a small bottle it wasn't too bad.

Packaging: Utilitarian, but it's simple and clean looking (although I do love having multicolored neon bottles in my shower)

Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ven0ms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this shampoo is rather wonderful and weekly use has left my hair shiny and non-residue-y. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is the smell. It makes my hair smell manly

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

This product is okay. It didn't dramatically change my hair for the better, but it didn't do anything bad either. If you're not trying to go sulfate-free, it wouldn't be a bad thing to try, maybe it will do wonders for your hair! However, I'm trying to stay away from the sulfates, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product stripped my hair so bad that it caused my hair to matte up!!!! Will not buy again. I have very kinky hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by aDUCK036

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gets the job done, but smells absolutely horrible. Like mosquito spray in the summer. All I have to say is make SURE you have a heavenly smelling conditioner on hand after washing your hair with this - you'll need it. The scent alone will keep me from repurchasing. That and, honestly, I'm sure there's something better out there. Maybe it was better before it was reformulated? What a shame. For now though, it works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't care - I love this stuff!!! I use this once a week as directed. I have dry, curly hair that demands a lot of styling product on a daily basis - especially in the summer. I typically use two different kinds of serum in my hair, one while it's wet and one after it's dry, and the buildup can really get bad. I also work out almost every day & so even though I'd like to skip a day, I really can't get away with it all the time. This stuff gets rid of the week's worth of gunk and gunge assaulting my hair and doesn't leave it dry and straw-like, as long as I use a decent conditioner afterward. My mom used to buy this stuff by the truckload so she always had a bottle in her bathroom, and I still think it smells amazing, but maybe it just reminds me of her.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by maebytonight

Terrible product. My boyfriend insists on using it because he thinks it gets rid of all the hair product in his hair (that might be the case, but it's murderously drying and stripping on my hair). I've used it simply because he has it in the shower. Old formula or new formula, the stuff is terrible! My oily hair ends up looking like an oil slick at the end of the day when I use this stuff. It totally strips my hair down and it freaks out with oil overproduction! Yuckkk!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Wow! Neutrogena.....way to go.....way to ruin a perfectly great shampoo by replacing the ALS with SLES. Thumbs down. Obviously, I won't be repurchasing. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by emg615

I have an oily scalp but my hair is very dry at the ends. I go to the gym every morning before work therefore I wash my hair every day and use styling products... My hair was looking so oily by the end of the week until this magic shampoo came along. I use it once a week and it feels like it's taken out all the toxins from the previous week. I love this product, I love the price and I'll keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by JesssicaDenise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is truly the BEST, I use it once a week to remove any product that has been in my hair. I personally wash my hair every other day, and I use a bunch of products and when i use this shampoo it gets rid of all the hairspray, leave-in conditioner, heat protection, and anything else i use, after i get out of the shower my hair feels healthy and light and truly cared for. i find its best used once a week, since it strips your hair, and makes it feel extra dry.