Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush - Mellow Wine 833D

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The only con is the poor quality of their packaging, which seems like it would break if I took it around with me in a purse. The blush, however, is another story -- I've tried blushes from nearly every brand available at Walgreen's, and no other pressed blush beats the Wet 'n' Wild blushes for quality in terms of pigmentation, silkiness, and ease of application. I love that the pan is a big rectangle and it's so easy to get the amount of color I want (ONE light tap of pan, tap off excess, blend on one cheek, ONE light tap of pan, tap off excess, blend on other cheek). This is not for you if you like to see the color build one very slow layer at a time (::cough:: Jane blushes ::cough::).

Mellow wine is a really pretty dark pinky mauve with the most subtle shimmer I've ever seen in a non-matte blush. Remember, lightly tap ONCE, tap the excess powder off the brush, and then blend onto cheek. All WnW blushes & bronzzers, except for their silly nonpigmented "contour" blushes, are HG status for me.

ETA: Um... after a month or so of daily use, I started breaking out along the tops of my cheeks and the apples of my cheeks, suspiciously exactly where I put this blush... I stopped using it for a bit, the acne cleared up, and I am in utter shock that such a wonderful product is now off limits >_<

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I remembered reading some reasonable reviews for this product and FINALLY found a walmart that carried it (appearently not all of them carry wet & wild products). What makes me give this stuff 5 lippies? WELL it stays on the entire day - 7am untill the wee hours of nightlife. Let me tell you, nothing stays on me well. I'm one of those people who constantly touches my face. I was so impressed i went back and bought it in every shade and also bought all their blushes (why not? They're only about 2 bucks!) Don't take me for an inexperienced makeup fan - i've worn makeup since the 3rd grade and am now well into my mid 20s. I've also tried every brand under the sun from Guerlin, to Mac, to Clinique to Covergirl - you guess it, i've probably tried it and Wet&Wilds bronzzers/blushes give you the *biggest and best bang for your buck* enjoy!! (PS. the brush it comes with is trash LOL and the mirrors sometime fall out - product itself is priceless, gotta love that staying power)

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

After a recommendation to W&W I chanced upon it in a store. Nestling in the eyeshadow samples descibed as Cornflower looked like a HG colour. I sampled it on my hand, silky, subtle shimmer, easy to sweep on. I sampled it on my eyelid. AMAZING! I have reactions to eyemake-they make my eyes hurt. But this didnt!

Having found nothing that resembled it in the whole stand the kind SA let me have a tester pan and only through MUA I have found out it is a blusher!

As a blush- it looked pretty but somewhat sparkly and missed pores so i guess the blend blend advice of other reviewers applies here.
As an eyeshadow its amazing! I cannot recommend it enough!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've loved almost every WnW product I've tried and this blush is no exception. It's a reddish rose color with no shimmer. It's very pigmented, lasts several hours on my oily skin, and doesn't cause breakouts. I'd recommend this for girls with medium skin tones. I have light yellow toned skin and if I weren't quite tan right now, this color would be too red and too pigmented for my skin. However, since I am fairly tanned right now, this color works well. Overall, this is a great blush if it works for your skin! If not, try any of the other WnW blushes; they are all excellent!

EDIT: there is a pic of WnW blushes for comparison in my profile

Full Size Image

This is my every day powder blush. It's so heavily pigmented that I don't think I'll ever finish the pan! Just a tiny tap on both cheeks, blend blend blend, and I look rosy and natural. I like that it's matte as well. I highly recommend this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a total makeup addict and have used everything from the super-high-end to the dirt cheap. Before finding this blush I was using MAC and Clinique; now I'm using WNW blushes exlusively! This is a very natural color (I'm light olive) and lasts and lasts on my oily-yet-aging (late 30's) through our Deep South summers. It's completely matte, my favorite finish for blush. The large square pan lets you easily swirl a large blush/powder brush over it. The other reviewers are absolutely correct in saying that it doesn't take much product to give you a terrific flush, and this product lasts and lasts! Save your money and pledge your allegiance to this blush! It's fantastic!

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

My aunt gave this to me, I don't see why she would have given it away-- it's great! The color, I feel, is pretty universal. It looks awesome with my coloring, as I have a pale-medium skin tone with dark hair and eyes. I see reviewers have noted it's high pigmentation. I have no problem with that, as long as you know how to apply blush properly, it should look fine, just blend well enough!

Really though, I barely have to press my brush to the blush and it picks up a lot of the color. I can tell this product will last me a long time, but at the price, I suppose it doesn't really matter!

I am a total blush whore and this is my favorite tried-and-true blush... hookup. It's THE most pigmented product I have ever used, bar none- I am very fair and use a skunk brush and have to BLEND BLEND BLEND, but it's so worth it for the healthy flushed glow. It's under 2 bucks, and I even bought a backup, which I NEVER do. I can't wait to try other WnW blushes based on how fantastic this one is!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a good, shimmer-free dusty rose blush. It's a very pigmented blush, so you need to blend well. I haven't had any problems with it breaking even after dropping it a couple times. The color is gorgeous and lasts a long time. The brush is pretty useless, but for the price, it's a great buy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love it!
Recently I've been trying out some wet n' wild products and this one has truly tickled my fancy! Love it....with my tan skin tone a tap with my blush brush gives me just enough! I'm truly not a big blush girl but I absolutely love this color. and would defenitely purchase again.