July 31, 2014 | 1800 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this awhile ago off QVC two large bottles of it and it dried my skin out really bad and i hated it. I put it away for months until one day i saw i was out of brush cleaner so i figured i would try this on my brushes and I love it as a brush cleaner it gets them super clean. I would not buy it again just to clean my brushes but if you have a bottle and don't like it for your skin try it on your brushes it is a good way to use it up rather then just throwing it away and wasting money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

LOVE THIS CLEANSER!! Best cleanser in the whole world!!! It gets ALL my makeup of and any excess and it doesn't over dry my skin! It keeps my skin soft and clean!! Defiantly worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

My mom is devoted to this stuff, so when I recently saw that QVC was having a $70 special buy for two of the 32 ounce bottles, I splurged and got one for her, and one for me to try it out.

The Pros
Nice size - will last a long time
smell is nice
creamy formula
dissolves all of my makeup

The Cons
the scent is strong and I can still smell is for hours after I wash
Can leave my skin tight and dry
The price

I just don't see enough of a difference between this and any other skin cleanser to justify the steep price tag, especially when I can get 32 ounces of cetaphil cleanser for less than $17. I have also heard that the formula has changed, which, while I cannot judge that as a new user of this product, It seems that for the price, there should be a lot more oils and natural ingredients in it, instead of just standard detergents.

**update**
It has been 6 months since I wrote my initial review, and after using this almost daily, I am shocked to note that my bottle is still more than half full. Furthermore, the longer I use this, the more I notice that it really is a one-step cleanser. It removes all of my makeup, unless I am wearing waterproof mascara, in which case I must use an eye makeup remover first. But, this will remove all the residue after using a makeup remover. I am not a huge fan of the scent, and it lingers after washing, but it has grown on me somewhat. Initially I never thought I would repurchase this, but now I have to admit I just might! If this gets me through the entire year, I will absolutely consider purchasing another bottle. It's nice to have something last that long.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Jnsbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worst mistake I could have made to my skin. I have sensitive skin and I just bought the clarisonic Mia 2, I thought this would be a miracle product since all the youtubers use it. WRONG. I have used it with the clarisonic 6 times. My acne is so bad right now. Before using it, my skin wasn't bad at all. I just had acne scars. Within the next day of using it, my skin was full of acne on my chin, above my lips, beside my lips, and a little on my cheeks, 2 little pimples on my forehead & one painful pimple on my jaw line. These are not the normal pimples I would get. I am not using this ever again. It is full of fragrance and is not good for sensitive skin at all. I wasted $22 on a product I have only used for 3 days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm on the fence about this product. It didn't do any miracles for my face and I found my cetaphil cleanser worked pretty much the same as this product but at 1/2 the price. It doesn't have a pleasant smell either. I wish it did something amazing for my face as well... But it didn't.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by tktt0423

This product smells of plastic and dries out my skin. It does not clean my face well enough either. I tried to use up a sample size bottle from Sephora, but I'm giving up. I'm glad this works for others, but not for my combination skin.
(My favorites include juice beauty organic facial wash and neutrogena foaming cleanser.)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by rumo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to put it down here that while this may be a miracle product for so many people, I got cystic acne from using it. :( I wanted to like it because of the glowing reviews, but it just didn't work for me. I've tried using it about 4 different times with the same results each time, painful acne erupting the next day.

It did get my foundation off and my skin feeling clean afterwards, but my mascara (non waterproof) was a mess just like with any other cleanser I've tried. Also, there is a strong smell of the urea in it I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so pleased with this product. Not only does it take off all my face makeup (I use olive oil for my eye makeup) but the essential oils in it really soothe my skin so it's glowing by the time I'm done with it. Any redness is also soothed.

To use this I spill a little less than a dime size of product on my facial brush. It's not clarisonic, but it's the $7 manual equivalent and I couldn't be happier with it. I just use circular motions for about a minute or two on my entire face and rinse off. No residue. My skin feels exfoliated and clean. My face can feel a little dry and tight after, but I just use a toner and a moisturizer and it feels great.

The selling point for me was after using a sample, when I swiped my face with a toner, the cotton ball would look clean. Before this cleanser, I was only using face wipes. When I swiped a toner over my face, I realized the wipes were still leaving behind a lot of dirt and makeup. Sometimes I'll use a face wipe before using this soap if I have extra makeup on - works like a charm.

Also to note - this is not for removing eye makeup. The warning specifically says to avoid the eye area. I would recommend olive oil for that. Super cheap. Nourishes your eye lashes. Moisturizes your skin. Great for elongating your eyelashes and for softening any eye wrinkles.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by candiedprozac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this product because it was recommended to me by an associate and it was the last of this that they had in the store. It’s a one-step facial cleanser.
Purchased at Sephora
I paid $12 for the bottle during the Black Friday sale

Packaging: I love the bottle this came in, I mean its just a standard bottle but I love the text on it, and the fact that its just a really clean solid design. Also this purity, smells AMAZING! I don’t even know how to describe the smell.

Performance: OMG I am in love with this cleanser. I started using it in the morning when I wake up and then again before I go to bed, and in the week or so I’ve been using it my skin has gotten softer and clearer. I’ve been sick off and on with the most stupid viral infection and it’s been making me break out and Purity took care of it right away.
It also removes makeup so easily, I only use 3 smallish drops on my fingertips for my whole face when I wash it, and this was enough to remove a full face of makeup no problem. Didn’t get rid of my mascara as easily but that’s in part because I am very hesitant to rub product in around my eyes.

Buy again?
Absolutely I will be buying another bottle once this one eventually runs out. Hopefully I can find it on sale because it’s normally around $40CAD for the size I got. ^.^

Overall: 10/10 love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jessicav1

I picked this up at sephora for Black Friday at $12 and I'm so glad I did! Before this I was using an "old faithful", neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser and it was doing an okay job but my pores were still an issue. After only 4 days of using this, my pores are almost nonexistent! I remove my makeup with a cleansing cloth first so I can't really say how well it removes makeup. I have oily acne prone skin and so far this cleanser is doing wonders. It doesn't leave my skin too dry and it's kept my acne at bay. I only use it at night but I may try using it in the morning as well. It definitely has a chemical smell to it and I'm sure not all the ingredients are natural but it's doing a wonderful job on my sensitive skin and I've yet to have any bad reaction to it.