December 21, 2014 | 1542 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by imnotshelley

I have straight, normal-to-fine hair in very good condition (usually silky and fairly shiny) that I dye on a semi-regular basis, i.e. every other month or so. I got this in a full-size set with the Super Skinny Daily Treatment conditioner. All the details of the product were great - a fresh apple-y scent and nice slim sleek packaging that doesn't take up all the space in my shower and features a one-push flip top. That however, is where the good things end. In terms of performance, this shampoo does not work very well. It did not make my hair any straighter than other shampoos and did not lather well. Since my hair is in good condition, most shampoos (even drugstore brands) work pretty well but this one was one of the worst I've tried and it's a salon line! My hair was flat and limp after using which I attribute to it leaving residue on my hair. Will not repurchase or ever recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well I have the super skinny hair straightener, and I assumed that since it was so amazing, maybe the products that went along with it would be equally amazing. Nope. You have to use A LOT of shampoo for it to do anything, I am talking like, entire handful, and with how expensive it is, it is not very practical. Also, unless I let my hair air dry, my hair still ends up EXTREMELY frizzy which is why I started using this in the first place...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2007 7:23:00 AM More reviews by espalier

I have never written a review before until writing about the shampoo (and conditioner). I absolutely HATE this shampoo! I have given it a few chances and I have now placed it on my dining room table to be taken BACK to the store for an exchange! It made my thick hair thicker and the build-up is awful! Just be safe and go with another!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Kshoe56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo and conditioner is just awful, really dries out your hair. The only good thing is the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by shirl4uk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Super Skinny Shampoo & conditioner after having really good results from using the super skinny serum, my god what a huge disappointed I got, after using both the shampoo and the conditioner, my hair felt so coated and greasy, I thought I hadn't rinsed my hair properly so I used it another 3 times and my hair still felt the same, an absolute waste of money, I would not recommend it at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

HORRIBLE! It takes a LOT to even get a slight lather. Even with that, it feels like I'm washing my hair with water. It doesn't feel clean at all. On top of that, it leaves a gross build-up. What a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2007 3:51:00 PM More reviews by sweethang618

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldnt buy this product again.
It doesnt KEEP my hair straight. Which the stupid salon lady promised it would.
It doesnt weigh your hair down.. which is good.
But it doesnt lather up either.. so you have to use ALOT.
ummm.. It seemed to dry my hair out too. This product would be good for someone who wants straight hair, and if they have poofy uncontrolling hair. Otherwise, there is really no need for this product.

ALTHOUGH.. the skinny hair serum stuff.. I like that alot.. I would suggest it for anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2006 9:12:00 AM More reviews by modern_classic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great comb-through, but it didn't do a thing for my hair. After using it for a few days along with the conditioner, I started losing a lot of hair. No thanks!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2006 6:17:00 AM More reviews by binkygirl99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After being so pleased with the super skinny serum, I thought for sure I would love the shampoo just as much. But I knew from my first usage of this shampoo that I hated it. Aside from barely lathering no matter how much I put on, my hair started feeling like straw as soon as I put it in. And my hair is normally fine and pretty soft. I used it twice and tossed it. The worst shampoo I have ever tried (thank goodness it was just a sample from a sample pack I received as a gift).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2006 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Realityreject

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like it! A lot. I use the shampoo and the strengthening conditioner every other day (that's how often I wash my hair). I do have thickish hair and this stuff combined with a few swipes of a flat iron (CHI!) totally controls it and keeps it from being so fluffy or fly-away. It gives a "sleek" look which I love...so if that's what is called "weighed down", then I guess that's how I like it! This is becoming so clique, but I really do judge my hair against the one and only Jennifer Aniston's (the texture and shine more than style). If my hair isn't producing similar effects I go searching for new products. Not everyone will get the same results with the same shampoo. Also I do not notice the buildup so much...pantiene's new Restorative line however leaves a waxy weird buildup.