April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the earthy smell. However, this conditioner is really hard to use. I've used conditioner bars and I use shampoo bars. This one for some reason feels gets bits of the bar in my hair and then it is hard to get out. I did not get much softness from the bar.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this 1 year ago because a friend recommended it and I just hated it! There are better conditioners out there, this one is too difficult to use, there wasn't any difference in my hair and I didn't like the smell. I see some people love it but I really didn't. Sorry LUSH! I like some of your other products much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

Ugh.......please don't buy this. I usually love lush but this tangled my hair up like you wouldn't believe. It takes ages to get all the tangles out......and they're there for about a week. Smells amazing though- like holidays- of sand, sea and sun cream. I keep my chunk just to smell :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really has high hopes for this product. the thought of a solid shampoo? simply amazing!!!! this is the worst product i have EVER tried on my hair. its drying, and makes my hair stringy. i thought maybe it was just me, so i had my friend test it out on her gorgeous long dark hair and it made her hair stringy too!!! the lush SA told me to break a piece off and add water and try it that way but that was worse. it wouldnt rinse out and i was stuck with half of my head in gooey sticky stringy greenish nasty dreadlocks. awful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok so I've been lemming this for a while. I just think the whole concept of it being a solid conditioner made from bananas kumquats and avocado's facinates me. My lush order came in today and I was so excited to try everything. I jumped in the shower and used jungle along w/ a lush solid shampoo. I swiped the bar down my thick curly hair with very minimal results. I was sort of expecting this because before I purchased this conditioner, I looked at reviews on here and they were not in jungle's favor. I towel dried my hair and it was very dry and combing was almost impossible. So I decided later on before bed I would take another shower but this time I mixed my jungle as some reviewers do. What a difference!! I boiled a 1/2 cup of water, cut small pieces of jungle up and put them in the cup. Mashed them around w/a fork till a thick cream appeared. Then I poured that mixture into a small trial sized conditioner bottle. I applied this to my hair, let it sit for 5 minutes and my hair feels so nice and conditioned!! The smell is what I really love about this! It doesn't smell anything like fruit (to me) but I smell like a pine tree hahaha. I just love the smell so much and so does my boyfriend! I just think that some of us may want to give jungle another chance because my first time using it I was very dissapointed. I would also recommend making your jungle on your day off or whenever you have free time. It makes a great leave in conditioner as well, tames frizzies, and softens your legs if you use it as a shaving cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with LUSH, i love that alot of their products are "homemade", and when i personally think of homemade i think good for you, alas not the case w/ LUSH, i use to love their shampoo bars and soap until i read in their newsletter the ingredients, they all have SLS! Anyway this is a review for Jungle for me it was a conditioner that did NOT condition my fine dry hair, it was a pain to use either too mushy or to hard! I will continue to buy some things at LUSH but Not this conditioner!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where's the manual?!!! Seriously...mastering this condish is like a nine step process.

Fortunately I got a generous sample of this when I was picking up my cherished Soak n' Float and I'm happy I didn't pay for this. I gave "Jungle" two lippies instead of one because I appreciate LUSH's eco friendly sensibility. When it works, it's awesome (see shampoo bars). When it doesn't, you get Jungle. If your clients are willing to sacrifice the convenience of packaging, the product better work pretty darn well. Not so here.
This has almost no detangling properties. I've been using this for at least a week now-I wanted to give it a chance- but seven days in and my hair is a thicket of nasty.
So you have to take extra care combing it out in the shower. This combined with the fact that you have to heat it up and get it to liquify...and I'm another year older when I step out!

If this was a great conditioner, I would happily accommodate all of it's special needs. But it just isn't.

P.S.- I found that the best way to heat it up is to put it in a plastic container and give it a water bath. But who wants to do that?! It's conditioner. Not a baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by nikki201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at first but now its one of my favorite conditioners!
The smell isn't terrible but its definitely not the best. It's a bit of a strong smell for a conditioner.
Makes my hair so soft and smooth. FOR DAYS. Easy to get knots out and its touchable softness.
It's kinda difficult to use though

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with Jungle.
My hair is straight and fine, often a bit dull and flat and Jungle helps it look healthy and bouncy, without weighing it down.
The smell is very interesting and yummy, but sometimes a bit too overwhelming for a conditioner. And the smell is the only thing you notice when you put it on the hair since you can't feel a difference in the texture. However when you rinse the hair detangles and feels soft as with other conditioners. It's easy to comb through and leaves the hair soft.
When I bought this I tried to use it rubbing a solid piece of conditioner in my head and it was really messy and hard work trying to get the little pieces into my hair. But then I followed the instructions to liquefy it with hot water and I've been faithful to that ever since. It's so much easier (you actually take less time doing that than trying to rub pieces into your hair) and I feel that it makes the product last much longer, with far more washes.
The only trouble for me has been finding the correct amount of water per piece of Jungle, since the mix often gets too watery while other times it's really thick. But when I get it right, I have a small bottle of fresh conditioner to last me a week or more. I've used it about 20 times and I still have tons of solid Jungle waiting.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by dearambellina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm glad I got this as a freebie in a swap because I would have regretting purchasing. It did nothing for my hair at all other than make it limp, heavy, and smell like weeds... but not the weeds in your backyard... I mean the kind you buy from the guy on the corner. I couldn't believe howe distinctive the smell was! Honestly, it cracked me up and I wondered if I'd feel any "effects" from showering with it, lol. I hated that the smell lingered in my hair, too. I was afraid my coworkers might get the wrong impression.