July 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used the Jungle conditioner last summer I believe and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of odd and a little hard to use because it's a solid block; softer than a normal LUSH soap but not a creamy consistency either. I kept it in a little tupperware container outside of my shower to keep it from getting wet; doing this keeps the product from melting away. I would break a piece off, probably the size of a quarter and mush it up in my hands with a little bit of water and do my best to work it into my hair. I occasionally would find a chunk of it in my hair later in the day which was kind of annoying but it seems to come with the territory of using this type of product. I only used it when I would wear my hair in its natural curly state and really enjoyed the results. My hair was soft and pretty easy to style and best of all, carried the scent all day long. I absolutely LOVE how this smells. It is a fresh, kind of sweet smell that you really need to just smell in store to get it. It is not an easy smell to describe. I would purchase it again, but I don't live all to close to a LUSH to pick it up in store. I can't say its my most favorite conditioner ever, but it is nice and I'd recommend it to fellow curlies who are looking for a natural, sulfate-free conditioner that has an amazing smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by enbouton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jungle is probably my HG conditioner. I have to admit I'm surprised by all the reviews from people who find it hard to use, because all I have to do is smooth it onto my wet hair, comb through and rinse out. It leaves my hair very soft, and any tangles are so minor I can get rid of them in seconds. The scent is grassy and fruity but not overpowering. I loathe strong fruit scents but I find Jungle very pleasant. It's now being sold in individual pucks rather than cut into chunks like soap, which is probably a good thing because the chunks available in my local Lush tended to be quite big.

The only downside in my experience is that it's hard to store without leaving residue or sticking to things.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by magali18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say I usually don't use conditioner because I feel like they always make my hair heavy and flat. But since my hair has growed a lot and got a little tangled up and dry lately, I decided it was time to try one. I only use (solid) Lush-hairproducts so I picked Jungle. First: the smell. Loooovely pinetree and exotic smell that lingers quite some time in the hair. About the results: when you just rub the bar over your hair, make sure you don't use too much. I did the first time and my hair was a weird feeling flat mess. But when you glide it over your hair one time (and a little bit on your scalp when you have a dry scalp like me) and you brush it out when it's dry, it's sooo soft! It was bouncy and light and my curls/waves weren't weighed down. I tried the mixing it up with water-thing and it worked just fine as well.
Maybe for people with really dry hair, this wouldn't do the job. But I don't like my hair too soft and smooth and want it still untangled, so this is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

Difficult to use and the smell was overpowering and not pleasant. I am a huge fan of the solid shampoos that LUSH makes, so I thought I would try the conditioner. Getting the conditioner on my hair wasn't as easy as with the shampoos and even after my hair was dry and styled, all I could smell was the overpowering pine-y, woodsy scent. The way my hair felt after using it was good, but considering the other negative factors I would not buy this again, but I hope LUSH tries again with another solid conditioner option.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the earthy smell. However, this conditioner is really hard to use. I've used conditioner bars and I use shampoo bars. This one for some reason feels gets bits of the bar in my hair and then it is hard to get out. I did not get much softness from the bar.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this 1 year ago because a friend recommended it and I just hated it! There are better conditioners out there, this one is too difficult to use, there wasn't any difference in my hair and I didn't like the smell. I see some people love it but I really didn't. Sorry LUSH! I like some of your other products much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

Ugh.......please don't buy this. I usually love lush but this tangled my hair up like you wouldn't believe. It takes ages to get all the tangles out......and they're there for about a week. Smells amazing though- like holidays- of sand, sea and sun cream. I keep my chunk just to smell :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really has high hopes for this product. the thought of a solid shampoo? simply amazing!!!! this is the worst product i have EVER tried on my hair. its drying, and makes my hair stringy. i thought maybe it was just me, so i had my friend test it out on her gorgeous long dark hair and it made her hair stringy too!!! the lush SA told me to break a piece off and add water and try it that way but that was worse. it wouldnt rinse out and i was stuck with half of my head in gooey sticky stringy greenish nasty dreadlocks. awful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok so I've been lemming this for a while. I just think the whole concept of it being a solid conditioner made from bananas kumquats and avocado's facinates me. My lush order came in today and I was so excited to try everything. I jumped in the shower and used jungle along w/ a lush solid shampoo. I swiped the bar down my thick curly hair with very minimal results. I was sort of expecting this because before I purchased this conditioner, I looked at reviews on here and they were not in jungle's favor. I towel dried my hair and it was very dry and combing was almost impossible. So I decided later on before bed I would take another shower but this time I mixed my jungle as some reviewers do. What a difference!! I boiled a 1/2 cup of water, cut small pieces of jungle up and put them in the cup. Mashed them around w/a fork till a thick cream appeared. Then I poured that mixture into a small trial sized conditioner bottle. I applied this to my hair, let it sit for 5 minutes and my hair feels so nice and conditioned!! The smell is what I really love about this! It doesn't smell anything like fruit (to me) but I smell like a pine tree hahaha. I just love the smell so much and so does my boyfriend! I just think that some of us may want to give jungle another chance because my first time using it I was very dissapointed. I would also recommend making your jungle on your day off or whenever you have free time. It makes a great leave in conditioner as well, tames frizzies, and softens your legs if you use it as a shaving cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with LUSH, i love that alot of their products are "homemade", and when i personally think of homemade i think good for you, alas not the case w/ LUSH, i use to love their shampoo bars and soap until i read in their newsletter the ingredients, they all have SLS! Anyway this is a review for Jungle for me it was a conditioner that did NOT condition my fine dry hair, it was a pain to use either too mushy or to hard! I will continue to buy some things at LUSH but Not this conditioner!