November 20, 2014 | 1724 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a free sample of this from the LUSH counter. I don't like that it looks like soap, because my 3 year old keeps trying to use it like a bar of soap! :-) The saleslady told me to break off a small piece, get it wet, and rub it between my hands. Then apply to hair. It takes some getting used to, as it seems that you aren't getting any product in your hair. But after drying my hair, my hair was crazy shiny. There seems to be very little build-up, so my hair has a "lighter" feeling. My hair is normally pretty shiny, but this makes my black hair almost silvery! This doesn't smell quite as nice as some of the other LUSH products. It's just a fresh, clean smell. I am probably going to purchase it, though it takes some special storage and care to keep it away from my daughter. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Contrary to what I imagined, I actually really love this conditioner.
It seems as though sliding solid conditioner down your hair would pull at it and cause damage but that isn't the case. While applying in the shower I was fearful that nothing was actually getting onto my hair but out of the shower it was obvious that it had been conditioned. I usually hate using conditioner because it gets on your back and neck and leaves residue. With this it is somewhat like a coating that only gets onto hair. I saw amazing results after just one use.

The smell is wonderful! It's somewhat like incense and this is the reason that I decided to use it in the first place. It's not at all something that I would describe as jungle-y or fruity.

EDIT: This stuff makes my hair look so so good and it makes my hair take less time to dry. However, I really hate that LUSH tries to market their products as though they are natural yet the first two ingredients of this conditioner (along with many of their products) are sodium laurel sulfate and propylene glycol. I'm really torn because this works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used the Jungle conditioner last summer I believe and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of odd and a little hard to use because it's a solid block; softer than a normal LUSH soap but not a creamy consistency either. I kept it in a little tupperware container outside of my shower to keep it from getting wet; doing this keeps the product from melting away. I would break a piece off, probably the size of a quarter and mush it up in my hands with a little bit of water and do my best to work it into my hair. I occasionally would find a chunk of it in my hair later in the day which was kind of annoying but it seems to come with the territory of using this type of product. I only used it when I would wear my hair in its natural curly state and really enjoyed the results. My hair was soft and pretty easy to style and best of all, carried the scent all day long. I absolutely LOVE how this smells. It is a fresh, kind of sweet smell that you really need to just smell in store to get it. It is not an easy smell to describe. I would purchase it again, but I don't live all to close to a LUSH to pick it up in store. I can't say its my most favorite conditioner ever, but it is nice and I'd recommend it to fellow curlies who are looking for a natural, sulfate-free conditioner that has an amazing smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by enbouton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Jungle is probably my HG conditioner. I have to admit I'm surprised by all the reviews from people who find it hard to use, because all I have to do is smooth it onto my wet hair, comb through and rinse out. It leaves my hair very soft, and any tangles are so minor I can get rid of them in seconds. The scent is grassy and fruity but not overpowering. I loathe strong fruit scents but I find Jungle very pleasant. It's now being sold in individual pucks rather than cut into chunks like soap, which is probably a good thing because the chunks available in my local Lush tended to be quite big.

The only downside in my experience is that it's hard to store without leaving residue or sticking to things.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by magali18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say I usually don't use conditioner because I feel like they always make my hair heavy and flat. But since my hair has growed a lot and got a little tangled up and dry lately, I decided it was time to try one. I only use (solid) Lush-hairproducts so I picked Jungle. First: the smell. Loooovely pinetree and exotic smell that lingers quite some time in the hair. About the results: when you just rub the bar over your hair, make sure you don't use too much. I did the first time and my hair was a weird feeling flat mess. But when you glide it over your hair one time (and a little bit on your scalp when you have a dry scalp like me) and you brush it out when it's dry, it's sooo soft! It was bouncy and light and my curls/waves weren't weighed down. I tried the mixing it up with water-thing and it worked just fine as well.
Maybe for people with really dry hair, this wouldn't do the job. But I don't like my hair too soft and smooth and want it still untangled, so this is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bcolei

Difficult to use and the smell was overpowering and not pleasant. I am a huge fan of the solid shampoos that LUSH makes, so I thought I would try the conditioner. Getting the conditioner on my hair wasn't as easy as with the shampoos and even after my hair was dry and styled, all I could smell was the overpowering pine-y, woodsy scent. The way my hair felt after using it was good, but considering the other negative factors I would not buy this again, but I hope LUSH tries again with another solid conditioner option.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the earthy smell. However, this conditioner is really hard to use. I've used conditioner bars and I use shampoo bars. This one for some reason feels gets bits of the bar in my hair and then it is hard to get out. I did not get much softness from the bar.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this 1 year ago because a friend recommended it and I just hated it! There are better conditioners out there, this one is too difficult to use, there wasn't any difference in my hair and I didn't like the smell. I see some people love it but I really didn't. Sorry LUSH! I like some of your other products much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

Ugh.......please don't buy this. I usually love lush but this tangled my hair up like you wouldn't believe. It takes ages to get all the tangles out......and they're there for about a week. Smells amazing though- like holidays- of sand, sea and sun cream. I keep my chunk just to smell :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really has high hopes for this product. the thought of a solid shampoo? simply amazing!!!! this is the worst product i have EVER tried on my hair. its drying, and makes my hair stringy. i thought maybe it was just me, so i had my friend test it out on her gorgeous long dark hair and it made her hair stringy too!!! the lush SA told me to break a piece off and add water and try it that way but that was worse. it wouldnt rinse out and i was stuck with half of my head in gooey sticky stringy greenish nasty dreadlocks. awful!