September 18, 2014 | 2025 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After using this awhile, I've decided I'm not a big fan. There was nothing horribly wrong, it just is not as moisturizing as I would like, and the smell makes me sick after wearing so many times. I am more into unscented products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome. I had been using the Body Shop's body butters for the last year or so (most of the time) but was getting tired of having to keep my skin wet long enough to rub them in (still love them though!! just lazy..) I love Aveeno's regular Daily Moisturizing Lotion, but I also adore oils (such as Tahitian Monoi...mmmmm heaven) for their ability to make your skin just GLOW. Body butters and oils alike make it hard to get dressed right away because they take a while to sink in. This stuff is the perfect fusion of lotion and oil - sinks in right away with NO greasy feel whatsoever, but leaves the skin soft and comfortable, without the feel of "I have lotion on". It's fantastic. I have really dry skin and it's winter, so I may revert to the regular lotion after this bottle just to see if it's a little MORE moisturizing, but if it's not I will DEFINITELY come back to this!! And this is a HG summertime product (again, I have VERY dry skin, so some might find it heavy for the summer, but to me, it's super duper light). And I also love the scent of sweet almond, so that's an added bonus! The fragrance fades in a matter of minutes though, so it doesn't interfere with perfumes. All in all, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though this is called an oil, it looks and feels like a very light, but very moisturizing lotion to me. I absolutely adore this stuff, and have been using it both morning and night for my dry winter skin (which is a big deal for me since I am usually too lazy to moisturize!) This oil/lotion has a wonderful, cozy, almond-type scent that has really grown on me, and leaves my skin soooo soft and happy. I am definitely planning on trying other Aveeno products besides this one. A+!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

This is such a nice moisturizer. It sinks right in without feeling greasy. My skin feels so soft and smooth after using this. The only thing is I don't care for the scent all that much. It smells like almond. If you don't mind the scent of this, this is definately worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutLips

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely my holy grail during the winter! Initially, I was worried that this product would be really greasy and oily, but it's not at all! It's just as the title says: it's creamy, watery texture and not oily at all...and it's super-moisturizing! Plus I can't get enough of its scent, like yummy oatmeal! It's almost like comfort food but for the body!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 2:26:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in love with this lotion! I never considered wearing body lotion in the day simply because all the lotions I've tried over the years always left me feeling greasy, and I hate feeling greasy in the day. Now it looks like I'm gonna start wearing this under my Shiseido (which seems to dry my skin) SPF 50 in the day. This is a silky lotion, very lightweight. I'd just discovered Paula's Choice AHA body lotion and love it because of how fast it sinks in - but I couldn't believe that this absorbs even faster! Leaves skin totally matte/"dry" feeling but super soft at the same time. It's so affordable too. Yes, the fragrance can be annoying, but I'm not too particular about it, especially since it fades after a few hours. It's perfect for me, but it MAY not be moisturizing enough for those with super dry skin. UPDATE : I recently stopped using this for awhile, and when I started again, the difference it made to my skin texture is amazing - this stuff really does soften your skin unlike other body lotions which just hydrate. I still haven't found anything better than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by carlyann23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Aveeno products, and this is one of my favorites. It's light enough to use in summer, but I can still use it in winter with the cold, dry Colorado air. It smells almondy to me, but very very light. I use it every day after my shower, and it especially feels wonderful on just-shaved legs. I was worried about it feeling greasy because of the oils, but it's not greasy at all. In winter I like to use this after my shower and then keep Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream in my purse for my hands. The Creamy Moisturizing Oil keeps me moisturized all day, but I've never found a lotion that can keep my hands in good shape all day in this dry air - except for Aveeno's hand cream. Also - this stuff was cheaper than I thought it was going to be, after reading the other reviews. About $5 USD at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 8:41:00 AM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blimey - the smell! i'm quite sure this product moisturizes well... but i couldn't get past trying it on my hands. For a while at work there's someone who reeks of cheap-amber+dusty-room - and everytime i passed by i wondered why would someone purchase and wear such a perfume - and now i know why! They've been using this Aveeno product! YUCK!! i tried a little on my hands, took a sniff and immediately tried to wash the stink off - but it's still there! Which i guess means that the moisturizing capabilities stay put as well. Sadly, i'll never try this on my body.. only because of the smell - i'm very disappointed, especially after reading the reviews - i expected a almondy/vanilla/bread-like scent. i swear it smells of icky-cheap-amber+dusty-room+synthetic-flower-undertone and leaves one with a headache. As a result, only 2 lippies. i'm giving this away immediately!! Wasted money! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2006 3:10:00 PM More reviews by nicesmile

i LOVE this stuff. it's the perfect consistency. i'm scared i will need something heavier in the winter months but we'll see. this leaves my skin soooo soft! my only problem is the smell. it's a bit almond-vanilla-y and i don't like those types of scents. my body holds scents well so this sort of clashes with my perfumes and i wear light fresh scents. i don't think it's enough to keep me from using this lotion though.
UPDATE: NOW THAT IT'S GETTING COLDER, THIS IS NOT CUTTING. I WILL GO BACK TO THIS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2006 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ObVusChild

I have to disagree with most of these reviews. I followed them to Target and bought this, but now it's sitting in the closet almost full. First, the scent seemed incredibly strong and cloying-- and quite long-lasting, too. I was tempted to wash off my elbows to get the smell off, and I couldn't handle the smell from applying it on my legs after the first time.
Second, the moisturizing was a little wonky; I didn't think it sunk in very quickly, and it felt, if this makes any sense, both oily and powdery. My hands and elbows were both soft (although I moisturize them a lot, so that's not unusual), but the palms of my hands felt strange, as though I had just washed them and was waiting for the natural oils to come back.
In sum, this stuff was a real puzzle to me, and a big disappointment. Curel seems more wonderful than ever now.