November 23, 2014 | 1011 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

This stuff is pure HG quality. So much better than regular moisturizer. This is creamy and light-textured like a sheer moisturizer, and it absorbs quickly into skin like a sheer moisturizer, only it is so much more deeply re-hydrating than moisturizer. It doesn't just make skin feel "soft" (like regular moisturizer), instead it actually returns the feel of naturally healthy skin by adding back to skin lightweight oils and lipids which re-create skin's naturally healthy state (skin moisturizes itself with it's natural oils not water or silicones). After using this my skin feels awesome - like it's never been dehydrated to begin with. I love this stuff! And the fact that it is so creamy and absorbs so easily (unlike regular body oils) is just the icing on the cake. Love it! Absolutely HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 2:00:00 PM More reviews by chr5412

Love the stuff. I think oils work better but they are messy and this is the perfect solution. It smells awesome too. Has great ingredients !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After using this awhile, I've decided I'm not a big fan. There was nothing horribly wrong, it just is not as moisturizing as I would like, and the smell makes me sick after wearing so many times. I am more into unscented products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome. I had been using the Body Shop's body butters for the last year or so (most of the time) but was getting tired of having to keep my skin wet long enough to rub them in (still love them though!! just lazy..) I love Aveeno's regular Daily Moisturizing Lotion, but I also adore oils (such as Tahitian Monoi...mmmmm heaven) for their ability to make your skin just GLOW. Body butters and oils alike make it hard to get dressed right away because they take a while to sink in. This stuff is the perfect fusion of lotion and oil - sinks in right away with NO greasy feel whatsoever, but leaves the skin soft and comfortable, without the feel of "I have lotion on". It's fantastic. I have really dry skin and it's winter, so I may revert to the regular lotion after this bottle just to see if it's a little MORE moisturizing, but if it's not I will DEFINITELY come back to this!! And this is a HG summertime product (again, I have VERY dry skin, so some might find it heavy for the summer, but to me, it's super duper light). And I also love the scent of sweet almond, so that's an added bonus! The fragrance fades in a matter of minutes though, so it doesn't interfere with perfumes. All in all, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Even though this is called an oil, it looks and feels like a very light, but very moisturizing lotion to me. I absolutely adore this stuff, and have been using it both morning and night for my dry winter skin (which is a big deal for me since I am usually too lazy to moisturize!) This oil/lotion has a wonderful, cozy, almond-type scent that has really grown on me, and leaves my skin soooo soft and happy. I am definitely planning on trying other Aveeno products besides this one. A+!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

This is such a nice moisturizer. It sinks right in without feeling greasy. My skin feels so soft and smooth after using this. The only thing is I don't care for the scent all that much. It smells like almond. If you don't mind the scent of this, this is definately worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutLips

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is definitely my holy grail during the winter! Initially, I was worried that this product would be really greasy and oily, but it's not at all! It's just as the title says: it's creamy, watery texture and not oily at all...and it's super-moisturizing! Plus I can't get enough of its scent, like yummy oatmeal! It's almost like comfort food but for the body!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 2:26:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in love with this lotion! I never considered wearing body lotion in the day simply because all the lotions I've tried over the years always left me feeling greasy, and I hate feeling greasy in the day. Now it looks like I'm gonna start wearing this under my Shiseido (which seems to dry my skin) SPF 50 in the day. This is a silky lotion, very lightweight. I'd just discovered Paula's Choice AHA body lotion and love it because of how fast it sinks in - but I couldn't believe that this absorbs even faster! Leaves skin totally matte/"dry" feeling but super soft at the same time. It's so affordable too. Yes, the fragrance can be annoying, but I'm not too particular about it, especially since it fades after a few hours. It's perfect for me, but it MAY not be moisturizing enough for those with super dry skin. UPDATE : I recently stopped using this for awhile, and when I started again, the difference it made to my skin texture is amazing - this stuff really does soften your skin unlike other body lotions which just hydrate. I still haven't found anything better than this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 5:04:00 PM More reviews by carlyann23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Aveeno products, and this is one of my favorites. It's light enough to use in summer, but I can still use it in winter with the cold, dry Colorado air. It smells almondy to me, but very very light. I use it every day after my shower, and it especially feels wonderful on just-shaved legs. I was worried about it feeling greasy because of the oils, but it's not greasy at all. In winter I like to use this after my shower and then keep Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream in my purse for my hands. The Creamy Moisturizing Oil keeps me moisturized all day, but I've never found a lotion that can keep my hands in good shape all day in this dry air - except for Aveeno's hand cream. Also - this stuff was cheaper than I thought it was going to be, after reading the other reviews. About $5 USD at Walmart.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 8:41:00 AM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blimey - the smell! i'm quite sure this product moisturizes well... but i couldn't get past trying it on my hands. For a while at work there's someone who reeks of cheap-amber+dusty-room - and everytime i passed by i wondered why would someone purchase and wear such a perfume - and now i know why! They've been using this Aveeno product! YUCK!! i tried a little on my hands, took a sniff and immediately tried to wash the stink off - but it's still there! Which i guess means that the moisturizing capabilities stay put as well. Sadly, i'll never try this on my body.. only because of the smell - i'm very disappointed, especially after reading the reviews - i expected a almondy/vanilla/bread-like scent. i swear it smells of icky-cheap-amber+dusty-room+synthetic-flower-undertone and leaves one with a headache. As a result, only 2 lippies. i'm giving this away immediately!! Wasted money! continued >>