September 17, 2014 | 1272 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for 3+ weeks. While I'm not finished with the set, I'm almost finished with the clarifying lotion (less than 1/4 of the bottle left), used 2/3 of the cleanser, and half of the moisturizer.
Cleanser ~ I think because this foams its not good for me. It leaves my face feeling tight & seems to make me break out. When I use the moisturizer (at night anyway), my acne seems to be reduced (like, less red and not big pimples), but as soon as I use the cleanser to wash my face, it makes them all red & big again!
Clarifying lotion ~ This definitely cleans my face (I see all the dirt on the cotton ball), which I like, but it break me out exactly the same as the cleanser. On a brighter note, I think it does control shine (as long as I don't use an SPF moisturizer).
Moisturizer ~ Definitely the best out of the set. When I use it at night, it makes my bumps look smaller & less red. As usual, benzyl peroxide bleaches things, but luckily the towels & pillow cases that I'm using are already bleached so it doesn't really matter. I also like that it doesn't dry my face out.. it really does keep face moisturized. I think if I had a better cleanser, this would work well.
Overall, I pretty much hate this stuff. I have never (or almost never) been embarrassed about my acne (it's not too bad.. occasional whiteheads and a few pimples every now & then), but with this.. it made me have hure red pimples, borderline cysts, and a bunch of smaller bumps/pimples. I keep using it though 'cause I'm not going to waste my mom's money, but I can't wait to be done with it! I've tried using it as directed (I always wash my face twice a day, but I would use all three steps), using only the cleanser and moisturizer, using a different cleanser with the clarifying lotion and moisturizer, using all three with a SPF moisturizer on the top, using cleanser with the clarifying lotion and SPF moisturizer (the worst combination). Yes, I tried it all & nothing works. I'm really sad 'cause I like Clinique, but I feel let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pennystetson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This set works amazingly well for me. I use the foam twice a day and the toner at night only, and I only use the moisturizer and spot treatment if I'm having a breakout - but honestly, since I've started using this stuff my skin has been nearly PERFECT. Prior to using it I was having painful cystic acne, and I tried many other things to no avail - Murad, for instance, did nothing. The only downside to this stuff is the cost, but it is more than worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by romantix

Cleanser lasted me 1 month.
Toner and lotion lasted me a bit longer.

The cleanser is foam, and in between my fingers made me think it would do nothing!
I felt the difference as soon as I rinsed it off.
It does give a deep clean and breaks apart the oil!

The toner is also just as great!
Tightening pores.

The lotion is the
last step and so vital!
It's like a last dose of medication

Did not over dry!
I cleared up nicely and have already replenished my supply with full size bottles.

Worth the try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by vivo95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omg this saved my skin! I still have scars but they're coverage! I remember just using only the three steps but that just made my skin peel and crack so I threw in curels lotion and now I don't have acne. It does take time to notice a difference just use it religiously!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by MissQuinn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to step in here and give Clinique some love. I have been on the Acne Solutions Line for over a year now, and it's completely cleared up my skin. It has gotten to the point that I now don't feel the need to wear makeup anymore. I do have some dark pigmentation from old acne scars that I am working on with glycolic peels monthly and that is helping also. Love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by midnightblue1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product didn't do much for me; I noticed little to no difference. Infact, I even bought the set two times thinking maybe it will work if I use it a little bit longer. I feel like it just keeps my acne/blemishes under control, like from getting worse. Basically, my skin showed no difference when using this product. I still have acne but it just doesn't improve or worsen.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by elopes83

This product was way too expensive considering it didn't clear my little to moderate acne. I'm all for spending the money if the product works, but this does nothing.

Cleanser: the foam wash was okay, but it really didn't feel any different then cleaning my face with an Aveeno face wash - the Neutrogena grapefruit acne face wash did a better job. So $20 CND for a face wash that cleans less then a $7 CND cleanser is a waste of money

Toner: I didn't find that it cleaned deep down in pores - it didn't give me a tingling feeling that a toner that actually worked would do - if you have acne skin and want to spend the money the other Clinique toners are better (I use the #3 line because it has witch hazel that is fantastic)

Moisturizer: I really don't understand how an acne moisturizer is supposed to help with acne when it makes your face feel oily and dirty at the end of the day. I know there are different skin types that get acne as well but you would thing that an acne moisturizer would at least be able to control oil! Again NOT worth the money.

If you like Clinique and have acne just stick to the normal 3 Step routines they have - figure out with skin type you are and pick the right line. You'll probably clear your skin more efficiently then with the "Acne Solution" line

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by flirsh

TERRIBLE!
this is my first review on any site but i read alot of reviews here so i thought i should share my experience... i am Africa and always had a bit of a slight problem with acne because of all the dust back home but moving t the uk really made my skin break out coz of the dry weather.. i have tried almost everything.. after giving birth, my acne got abit worse.. i've been rotating from tea tree products to aloe vera and then i tried clean and clear spot control kit(the one with no BP) worked great but still had tiny blackheads. and the moisturiser finishes real quick..two weeks ago i decided to use clinique acne solutions after good reviews and thought, its expensive,it must work...plus i can buy the moisturiser on its own
felt so good and excited using the clinique but reality hit! one and a half weeks and i have the biggest most painful bumps and pimples that i have ever had.. i couldnt touch my face... not to mention how dry my skin is now and my nose looks burnt! its itchy too...
For the last two days, i have been using clean and clear spot kit cleanser again and moisturising with clean and clear oil free dual moisturiser as i have not bought the kit again to get the moisturiser...my tea tree is done as well(its lasted a year).. i havent got any more spots in the last two days and the big ones that came up are trying but still abit big...

So i guess i am going back to using tea tree facial wash and rotating with clean and clear products.. i'll let my skin get back to normal and then try st ives apricot scrub for blemishes twice a week and also try meladerm for the dark spots as i got acne marks and i got a shade darker during pregnancy...
i hope i get my skin back.. but NEVER will i use the clinique kit AGAIN!!

UPDATE:
Its been 2weeks now, i didnt get the meladerm... too expensive at the moment as you need quite a few to see the results but am using something far more effective... tumeric, honey, yogurt,lemon mask and i put in some nutmeg to clear the skin... after i moisturise with a little extra virgin olive oil... its working wonders for me... and its all in my kitchen!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh ... I don't get this product line. It did nothing special for me. I believe it did hold back *some* blemishes because when I'd skip a day of using this out of laziness, I'd break a bit more. Because it didn't clear my skin; I'd still have some blemishes even if I used it religiously. It was a step up from the 3 Step System Clinique also carries, but nothing more than that. It smelled really chemically and bad and it was super expensive so I won't ever be repurchasing or recommending this product - it is simply not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the whole set of this product and was very disapointed that it did nothing for my skin! It didn't worsen nor improve it and did around the same thing as some more cheaper chemist branded cleansers, toners and moisterisers.