Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer

3.1

Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), L-Tyrosine, Parfum (Fragrance), Laureth-7, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol.

on 12/8/2007 3:16:00 PM

Me: Combination skin, very oily forehead, dry cheeks, but I usually get ONE massive cystic acne on my cheek once a month or when I'm really stressed out. For my age, I have no wrinkles yet so I'm lucky.

I've always been wary of doctors/dermatologists hawking their own products at some ridiculous price, but I'm also a makeup/skincare junkie and so I've agonized over buying any Perricone's products for a while now. But I recently received a nice size sample from Nordstrom and I've been using this moisturizer for about two weeks.

My skincare regimen is usually about bombarding my skin with all kinds of serum - antioxidants, peptides, ceramides, acai, etc. If an ingredient is in some medical journal (or beauty magazines), I've tried it.

That said, serums are not moisturizing at all. I usually dont use any moisturizer for my face, but now it seems like my skin needs it. With my once-a-month-hormonal-breakout, I'm super cautious of anything that's remotely greasy. This product is NOT greasy. I apply this after my serums (currently I'm on the Estee Lauder Idealist and Borba Acai serum cocktail) and my skin is soft soft soft. As it is, Estee Lauder Idealist will make most skin feel smooth, but Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer makes me skin feel even smoother and softer, to my surprise.

I currently have a big fat zit on my right cheek that I've been treating with tea tree oil and it's drying my skin out. I've actually put on Face Finishing on the flaky skin areas for the past two nights, and it hasn't made the acne worse.

I gave this 4 lippies instead of 5 because in looking at the ingredients list, it's not anything spectacular. The antioxidants are at the end of the list, therefore not in high/effective concentration. I think the price isn't too ridiculous because it works and you don't need that much. I will purchase this for hydration purpose only but it's good enough to satisfy my picky self.

on 11/18/2007 7:46:00 PM

I am very religious about the skin on my face, and for years I've been using Lancome skin products everyday. Then I got a sample of this from Sephora. I have never tried Perricone products before because I've always been skeptical...but this stuff is amazing. I applied it the night before and woke up to really well-hydrated skin. I put it on again in the morning and the whole day I couldn't stop touching my face. It felt so rich and moisturized.

The price is expensive but I think it is 100% worth it. The only bad thing is that it did make my eye make up a little more runny than usual, so I'll probably use a different cream in the eye area. I haven't used this long enough to know if the smell changes, but it does smell kind of chemical-y. I actually like it though.

I will definitely be buying this in the future in place of my current moisturizer

on 10/18/2007 11:48:00 PM

For me this was way over priced for something that caused my makeup to slide around on my face within 2 hours of application and caused my pores to clog, in the end it was a waste of time and took a while to get my skin back to non clogged status.

This product is great, however, dipping my fingers on the jar probably made this product go bad easily... the smell changed a bit.
I'm not crazy about the price however, a little bit of this product goes a long way.
My skn is very sensitive and this was the ONLY mositurizer that I put on my face during the hard winters in Michigan without stinging. For summer, this seems a bit oily and I usually do not use it.
There is no doubt that the brand is great but the prices make me sort of scared to be honest. I saw a "try me" kit at QVC and have been considering to purchase.

on 3/2/2007 5:29:00 PM

I'm digging this! I have combo skin, with extreme sensitivity around my nose and mouth (horrible redness and mega flaking if I'm not careful). I cannot believe how well this product has worked for me, not just on the sensitive, dry areas but all over my face...extremely hydrating. I use it at night as the final step in my routine (unless I have a zit or two, then I spot treat with BE Rare Minerals as the last step) and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is super soft. This hasn't caused me to break out any more than usual which is a big plus. I don't love the smell but I'll deal with it considering how well this has been treating my skin. I've only tried samples of Perricone in the past but I may venture into other products from the line because of my good experience with this. I paid $55 at Sephora...I don't use much for nightly application though so it should last a while...

on 2/5/2007 9:59:00 PM

It seems a bit oily for my skin (comb. skin type). Not bad not that great

on 12/23/2006 9:59:00 AM

I like this moisturizer. It sinks right in and does not make my face greasy. But, I do not like dipping my hands in the jar to get it out so I use a spachula. A little goes a long way but because of the price I am not sure if I will repurchase.

on 11/4/2006 8:50:00 AM

I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer. I have combo, acne-prone skin and have tried so many high-priced light moisturizers including La Mer and never found quite the right one.
I first bought this Perricone moisturizer about a year ago and within a few days of trying it, my skin was different - smoother, firmer and fewer breakouts. The softness of my skin is unbelievable.
Over the summer I switched moisturizers, and tried a few of the samples I have, but when I went back to this Perricone last week. I couldn't believe the results again. I haven't tried any other Perricone products, and am a little sceptical of brand for some reason - possibly their marketing, but it works the best for me. My HG.

on 8/21/2006 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very nice moisturizer. Absorbs instantly. Would repurchase!

on 8/13/2006 3:06:00 PM

Oh my. I finally found my HG moisturizer. I got a ton of free samples of this stuff from Sephora and used it every day for a week and WOW, does my skin look different. This is fab for under foundation, esp powder foundation. It really makes the foundation look completely flawless. I have an acne prone T zone so acne products dry my skin out, but this keeps it balanced without being greasy or causing breakouts. I love this stuff. Sucks that its so expensive. You can find some of it on Ebay but the price isn't all that different.

Oh and it doesn't smell all that wonderful but, maybe thats why my skin likes it so much. It doesn't have any added fragrance oils.