November 26, 2014 | 1912 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very dated, there are so much better fragrances out there that don't smell like the early 90s.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Imagine being on a picnic with your family on a bright, sunny, hot day. You choose a secluded sight for this picnic and wander into the middle of a field with daisies and dandelions growing all around you. You and your family are making daisy/dandelion chains and having lots of fun. This is the kind of scene that Sunflowers brings to mind. When i read all the reviews on this that said it was horrid, i had to see for myself. So i went to target and bought a small bottle of it. I was surprised at how nice it is. A very sunny and fresh scent. A "happy-go-lucky" type of scent. If you could bottle sunshine and the color yellow this is what it would smell like.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by JNH

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the perfume of choice for the snotty girls at my high school in the '90s. I hated it then and I hate it now - and I used to adoooore some strong fruity scents, but this...just...so strong and ...blech.

It's so outdated now, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 5:12:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I like this intially when it first came out. I was given a bottle of it by my husbands aunt who purchased at the duty free in Ireland years later. I so wanted to love it because it was given to me by such a wonderful lady. But this comes across too spicy or something on me. I dont know exactly what note it is that doesnt work for me. But its there and it doesnt work for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Whew - I remember this. It seems to me as though the Arden company formulated this as their answer to Giorgio Beverly Hills, ten years too late. Same product color theme, same type of sweetish scent. Those who said it is sharp and synthetic took the words right out of my mouth. Bleh. Now a story: A year ago, a friend was getting married for the second time, and I asked her what she intended to wear as a fragrance on her big day. Well, she is the type that rarely wears cosmetics or fragrance, and she told me that she had gotten some of this as a gift years ago and supposed that she would wear it. I asked her if she really liked it and she said halfheartedly, it's OK..... Next time we went shopping together I steered her to the fragrance counters and insisted she sample some scents. There were quite a few that she liked and I am pleased to say that she was saved from having to go down the aisle wearing a scent that did not make her feel beautiful. In her ivory satin and Champs-Elysees, she made quite a lovely bride.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lilydw

I also got a total of 23 comments when i first wore it out~!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think Sunflowers was so bad. I wore it around 1992, and I remember getting more than a few compliments on it. Maybe I didn't over spray - I'm a bit self conscious about smelling like I drowned myself in perfume. Anyway, I suppose the style of fragrance is dated now, but I don't understand the HUGE aversion so many people have to this, it's such an innocuous type of frag. What could be so horrible? :-/

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Strong, It must have good staying power because when my mother in law wears it, it seems to overwhelm the room for hours. I do not like this scent. It has a sharp rose fragrance mixed with other summer flowers. Too powerful, maybe a lotion version would be more subtle.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by opinion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first smelt this several yrs. ago when I received a sample bottle of this from somewhere, & I thought the smell was quite nice(a strong scent of rose with just a bit of lemon thrown in), but it was also quite over-powering, & so, I used that one up as my car freshner.... I came to miss this scent last yr. & found a big 100 ml(3.4 oz.) tester bottle of this for $19.99 at a perfume outlet store, bought it, & boy, have I regretted buying that big bottle! After only about a week of using this bottle, this perfume started to feel rather sickening to me, & I just couldn't stand it anymore.... What's worse is that I've found out that I could have just bought a reg. 50ml bottle of this at the local Marshalls or TJ Maxx(They each carry several of these bottles....) for just $9.99 without having to go to a far-away outlet mall!
p.s. I've been using this in our washer, but the sprayer stopped working when only barely a 1/4 of the fragrance has been used up!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ack! I think this is the most nauseating perfume I have ever encountered. I first smelled it in high school and thought it was like someone had barfed and covered the stink with air freshener. It didn't give me a headache but made me feel like I was on the verge of one whenever I came across it. Plus the packaging is pretty cheap and nasty... No love lost with this one.