Elizabeth Arden Red Door

2.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually have respect for fragrances that trigger strong positive or negative reactions-- and often the respect blossoms into love-- but not this time. In the bottle, Red Door reminds me of rotting narcissus bulbs mixed with licorice and industrial solvent, but some things do smell better once applied, so could this be one? Nope. On my skin, it is cacophonous, loud, and synthetic-smelling, with a depressingly heavy-handed application of deep florals that is funereal rather than seductive. Just a.w.f.u.l. I think I might even choose a sharp stick in the eye over having to wear this stuff all day.

However, I am willing to allow that this is magic on the right chemistry. I once hugged an elegant woman in church, and she rocked Red Door like no one's business. It somehow matched her rhinestone-buttoned suit and befeathered hat. But this is a Verrrrry Strong Fragrance so try before you buy.

I am shocked by the old woman comments!

I have worn this fragrance a lot! Ever since I was 17 years old. I am now in my mid 30's and I still think that this stuff ROCKS! My hubby still loves it too! As well as all the other men in my life!Brother In-laws, guy friends, guy acquaintances and even sexy men that are strangers..(some are not the best looking though! lol!)

Hey, I am still hot and no one ever guesses that I am above 27! People, let me tell ya..... The 30's are the new 20's! No joking! We now take way better care of our skin... than the generations before. We dress, look and act hotter than ever! No spandex waisted polyester pants or shirts are ever going on me, thank you! I will never wear the "old ladies" style or scents... of anything!! I'll keep the sexy everything...thank you! Hey,My hubby and many others appreciate that! Lol! ;)

Ok, done with that! :)
So, ladies....If you are not into mysterious stronger sexy type scents and you mainly love the foody/gourmand type sweet scents.......Then Yeah, stay away from this one! This is not for you! You are not ready for this type of scent! lol!

Now I love all types of scents. Sweet, sugary, caramel, Vanilla, Amber, berry type scents.... Like, BS Fantasy,Vivia La Juicy,Pink Sugar, M, Vera Wang Princess,VS Amber Romance, Dior Hypnotic Poison, etc etc.

This scent does not meet the above descriptions though! I'd say this is a SEXY, bit woodsy?, Spicey and yet very SENSUALLY MYSTERIOUS!

I do not smell the rose scents that a few have mentioned.I dislike florals and especially strong rose! So, I don't get that. I smell no florals or ant type of foody like smells in this.

Sorry, I cannot tell you what the notes are individually.......

But, I do know it is awesome for a night out! While your dancing and sweating...this aroma just gets hotter and sexier. Men, will smell you on them all night and they will remember you well! In a good way...Ladies!

Though, only use a small amount!
As this is "very concentrated!!!"

Put, a small amount... behind your ears and cleavage.
Then between your knees and thighs. That is all you need all night til the morning!

Smells like a pungent mouldy cupboard.
Can't for the life of me understand why some love it, hopefully it will be one of those moments where I rebuy it in 30 years time and giggle over my youthful ignorance?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm an old lady now but I wore this in my thirties, and men went nuts over it. My bf even sprayed himself with it when he could (he was 35 at the time). I understand the "old lady" smell idea but this is very perfumey to the max. It smells a bit generic and I can't pick out the notes, but let me tell you, men love it.

It is strong and one light spray will last you all evening.
To me it smells like a really fine perfumey smelling perfume.
And if I were twenty I would still think this. Maybe people now are
just used to the fruity flowery smells they can identify.

I suggest wearing this on a date and watching the guy give you
a compliment on it. Try it, you'll see.

My mother-in-law gave me this perfume years ago.....it smells sooo "old lady." I didn't get much use out of it and gave it to my mother who was about 50 at the time &I don't think she got to much use out of it either.. This perfume is great if you are 65+ years old. It has that powdery rose/powder smell...It's trying to be Chanel 5.....but misses the mark!!!...

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've had this perfume for a long, long time and I didn't use it at all. The last month I decided to give it a chance again. I was thrilled! The smell is so classic, sensual, woodsy and mysterious. Though I would never use this on a daily basis, it's a perfect perfume for the evening go-outs and parties. It makes me feel sexy!

On me it smells woodsy, musky, masculine. A little goes a very long way. I am glad that there is an alternative use for it as bug spray.

This smells horrible. My mom likes it and has used it for years. She finds something and will stick with it forever, like her hairstyle and bright pink nail polish. I love my mom, she is great, but I cannot stand this. I tried to turn her on to Chanel Coco Mademoiselle because I wear that and she likes it so I bought it for her, but go figure, it does not smell the same on her. So back to this she went. The search continues to replace this stench.

This 'fragrance' from Elizabeth Arden is so offensive and nauseating that it will keep your enemies far far away. I may be exaggerating but this stuff is pure evil and it should be banned. Unfortunately my dear old mother loves this crap and uses it again and again. The smell of it is atrocious and it lingers for hours or should I say months. Do yourself a favor and stay far away. Now you have been warned. I am happy to see that I am not the only one here on MUA that finds this shit particularly nasty.

This is the worst fragarance ever! I don't understand why so many people wear it! It give me headache every time I smell it on some one.

My mum got it as a gift once. I sprayed it on my wrist and nearly vomited. I couldn't wash this nasty staff off my wrist and it smelled bad for hours.

I think it should be banned in offices. Some of my co-workers wear it and it gives me a headache for the rest of the day.

I'm normally quite good with perfumes and try to find a beauty in each individual one. But this one doesn't make any scence at all

Popular Fragrances