July 25, 2014 | 1778 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by allred

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The secret to wearing Red Door for me is the drydown. Literally, I rush the drydown with my hairdryer and by rubbing it in. ( I know; you're not supposed to do that.) And then I smell cedar, honey, heliotrope and amber. It lasts so long... lovely. For some reason it makes me think of Christmas, probably the sweet woody smell, with just a trace of flowers.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for the honey note that emerges in the EdT. I have tried the parfum but found that too strong and old-lady. Go lightly with the EdT as it can be strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

men LOVE this. complete aphrodesiac. lasting. did i mention men love this? love it. i was 25 when i first started wearing it. theres nothing "old" about it... its very very sexy and sensual, so it might be that young women just cant pull that off., or its the perspective of someone the chemistry just didnt work on them. a classic, classy scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by JesssicaRabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't wear this perfume, but my mom does and WOW. It smells fantastic on her! All of her girlfriends thought it was "old lady" and actually wouldn't believe that is what she has been wearing because it smells so good on her.

In fact, a few months ago a guy was following her around a store because she "smelled so good"! She thought that was a riot.

So, I have to agree with the other two reviewers just below; Red Door, like any other fragrance, smells different on everyone. What works for some doesn't work for all! But, it's worth trying if you like the way it smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by glasseyedpeas

I used the for a few months back in 2004...
It is NOT for old people, I was 24 years old, and it smelled fantastic on me. Everyone always complimented me..

I would not buy it again because I am into more fruity scents nowadays, however if I am given a bottle of it, I would gladly use it, because unlike the other reviewers, it smelled nice and sophisticated on me, and made me feel elegant and classy...

People all have different skin chemistry and what smells great on me, might stink on you..just means my skin smells great with most scents, YAY me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Dmarie1

I am so offended reading these reviews on Red Door.I am a young lady in my thirties and I wore Red door all through high school and I love it.It is strong yes and maybe for mature women but it is still a pretty scent.Let me tell you the fragrances I wore back in High School 1. Red door 2. Poison (the original) 3. Passion 4. Design 5. Tribecca and I loved them all. Really you shouldn't put a fragrance down just because it is older because now days I think perfume has become a trend and alot of girls are buying it just to say they have it or to put a perfume collection video on you tube which is so stupid! So please don't downgrade certain fragrances because one mans trash is another mans treasure! And also just because everyone and their mother is wearing Juicy Couture and Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue doesn't mean it smells good on YOU! My advice is wear what you like and don't worry about who got what have some originality ladies! Try something outside the box! It may work for your self esteem because if you copy off everyone else then obviously your self esteem isn't up to par!

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Got this a long long time ago in a GWP kit. For those who want to throw it away, DON'T, save it for those musky wet dark corner in the basement/garage or places where little creepy crawlers may exist. It works as good as Black Flag, and I am sure it is less toxic to human. Really deterred the bugs !! Give it a whirl.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had to review this before I CHUCK IT....It reminds me of a REALLY old lady with bright blue eyeshadow and magenta lipstick. Usually those are the nicest old ladies :) But I just don't like this smell for me. Nothing personal, red door....i'll just take the other door to my other beloved perfumes *ha bad "joke" i realize*. Luckily I got this at a yard sale, BNIB for 10 cents. I'm giving it to goodwill.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

WAAAYYYY TOO STRONG!! This is right at the bottom with White Diamonds. For some reason as a teenager I felt I had to have this. I believe it was actually a rite of passage. Now it reminds me of something an old lady would wear. It's very overpowering and very musky scented.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute train wreck. Behind Clinique "Happy", "Red Door" gets the number two spot on my fragrance sh*t list. I just deplore this stuff.

Too suffocating, too "old lady", too CHEAP, too dated, too in-your-face.

Close the door to Red Door ladies (and cover it up with cement!)