October 23, 2014 | 848 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't get this product at all. It's expensive and comes in inconvenient packaging; it claims to be all hippie-dippie earth-friendly yet contains so much SLS that my hands look like baby lambs when I finish lathering; and worst of all, it performs absolutely no better than any other shampoo I've ever used.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very fine (but thick) hair that is very straight and basically doesn't require any maintenance at all.

I've been using this shampoo every day for the past two weeks, and I'm really confused about why everyone is saying how drying it is.

It makes me wonder how much product they are actually using; I only use the tiniest TINIEST dab, and I will repeat and lather twice. When using such a small amount I can't see how this can be expensive or drying.

The SA gave me a teeny tiny sample of it two weeks ago and I'm only halfway through...and I have A LOT of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by phy91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best shampoo I ever used. I have a love/hate relationship with my hair, I have a lot of it, but it's really fine, and it's not straight, but not curly either, I have these waves that ain't that flattering, so usually I flat iron it, because I hate the way it looks 'au naturel'
Enter Big from Lush. after reading many positiver reviews, I decided to just go ahead and buy it. I'm soooo happy I did, I love it! I can just wash my hair, let it air-dry and it looks gorgeous, lots of volume and gorgeous waves. thank you lush, this has acquired HG status.
however, a few downsides to this product:
1. the packaging is absolute rubbish, the salt gets stuck under the lid, it's a pain in the ass to open in the shower and get the product out, let alone trying to close it again.
2. this thing EATS color. I have colored my hair a few shades lighter than it actually is, and this shampoo strips your color like it's nothing. I don't really mind however, since I've been trying to go slightly darker, but if this is something that bothers you, I wouldn't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did NOT work well for me- every single time I used it my scalp dried out tremendously and I had an itchy scalp for a week. I have long wavy-ish hair.
It doesnt really clean the first time around or lather well, I found that you have to really wet your hair, work this into your hair and scalp, rinse, then work more of it into your hair and then it foams up nicely. It does leave hair squeaky clean and it did look more voluminous but it was very dry and stiff and almost tacky.
I would maybe recommend this for short oily hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very expensive shampoo and contains SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate) that can cause breakouts around hairline or neck. That was my first thought and I wasnt rushing to try this "good reviewed" shampoo. However, I decided to give a try and asked for a sample at Lush.
Usually i have to use lots of shampoo to cover all hair and make it foamy (I do not have long hair but I like to use lots of shampoo so I feel it's everywhere, (Can't do a "pea size" shampoo amount!) But for this shampoo I needed very small amount to lather, love it. I was very surprised to feel sea salt in a shampoo, felt really strange but fun.
I used this shampoo twice, first it didnt lather into foam much, then I rinsed it and used little amount of shampoo again. Second time it was foamy and my hair felt really smooth and clean. I love the feeling of my hair when using this shampoo. The only problem, it;s getting sort of stiff (maybe from sea salt) so I definitely had to use good conditioner.
After drying my hair, I really saw a difference. My hair felt little thicker and very smooth. I might consider buying this shampoo for my birthday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dulcedeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this shampoo. One of my favs (love Rehab also!) It makes my hair sooo shiny & clean!! Gives it a lot of volume because of the salt in it. In the beginning the big chunks of salt are a bit tricky to wash your hair with, but you'll get used to that. Smells great, so fresh.
Recommend this shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Totally fell in love with this shampoo. I got A LOT of build-up from a shampoo/conditioner combination that made me start to hate my hair. Then I got this. Takes SO LITTLE to lather, the salt feels amazing on my scalp and leaves my hair soo clean and soft for DAYS. I hate washing my hair so this is literally the perfect shampoo for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Destroyed my hair- it turned it into dry, nasty straw with split ends everywhere and growing it out was the only way to repair it. I normally have fine, thin hair so BIG sounded like a good idea- and it did give me more volume. But my hair has always been shiny and healthy, mostly because I don't do much too it- wash, dry and go. This stuff made me hair so, so dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by PhatMuffin

Smells divine, gave me intense super sexy volume and even got rid of my nasty scratchy scalp problems. However, it made my hair bone dry! I had really dry hair before I used this stuff so it's totally my fault, but I simply had to try it because I've heard so much great about it. I really miss using it because it's probably the best volume shampoo ever! Bet it's great for oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I can use this, let me hair dry naturally and it looks like a spent hours blow drying it. The secret is to mix it with another, regular shampoo and dont forget to condition! After, I use No More Tangles and a silkening serum. The price is very high and even though I can't afford this as often as I do, I buy it anyway because it is that gooD!!