The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Rice, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Limonene.

I really like this product...it smells amazing, invigorating in the shower and feels great on the body. Its refreshing. Though I do agree that I really don't like the packaging because the cover is hard to close and water gets in it.

on 7/3/2005 5:50:00 AM

This smells so delicious you never forget to exfoliate in the shower! The natural scrub particles are effective, and the moisturising base leaves my skin feeling soft, not irritated afterwards. The trouble is that the tub packaging isn't that easy to open with slippery hands, and if you don't get the lid back on straight away it fills up with water. Oh, and it's ASTONISHINGLY expensive: ten pounds for 200ml. Even though a little goes a long way, that's still bizarrely expensive for a product that you basically wash off. Or maybe I just have a large surface area. Still, it's worth it for a treat.

on 7/1/2005 2:22:00 PM

This is a really great scrub that I'd describe as mild-medium coarseness. I LOVE the smell but I'm a sucker for cocoa butter. It works as intended, doesn't cost too much, cute container. I'll repurchase!

on 6/29/2005 12:39:00 AM

My HG scrub. Smells delicious and works like a charm. I especially love to use it on my legs before shaving. My fav part is that the exfoliant is actually ground up rice and nut powder which will give maximum scrubbing potential!

on 6/18/2005 6:54:00 PM

I decided to try this product after my favourite body scrub, H20+'s Purifying Seaweed Slouging Cream (body scrub), was unfortunately discontinued in early 2005 (which really disappointed me since I couldn't find anything else at the time that matched its calibre). Thus, I went to the Body Shop to find a body scrub, since their products smell so yummy. I am glad that I was able to talk with a salesperson, who recommended this scrub since I told her that I hate scrubs that feel greasy and leave my bathtub slicked (totally dangerous!). I got this as part of a 2 for $30 Cdn promotion, along with the Cocoa Butter Body Butter (which I gave to my mom). This scrub is a definite close second to my previous H20+ one! It smells delicious enough to eat, has a nice creamy texture, grainy enough to feel like a "real" scrub and leaves my skin so smooth, clean and fresh! It really is indeed a good prep for moisturizer. The only caveats are that when rinsing, the floor of my bathtub is full of the grains i.e. doesn't dissolve like the salt ones, and it is a bit pricey (regularly $17 Cdn) for its 200 ml, but I can live with it since it is non-greasy and an excellent alternative (H20+'s scrub was regularly priced at $33 Cdn for I think 400 ml or 600 ml...can't remember at the moment). I will definitely buy this product again; Ebay is a good place to check out for cheap prices but it's still worth buying at its regular price. On a sidenote, I recently tried the coconut body scrub, and was absolutely horrified and disgusted! It was the total opposite of the cocoa butter one! The only solace is that I bought the coconut one on Ebay for around $2.25 US! I will be putting up my review for this coconut one soon but suffice it to say for now that that is one of the more horrendous scrubs I have tried so far!

on 4/7/2005 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful scrub from TBS!!Smells great..works great..just perfect!

on 3/27/2005 12:10:00 AM

my favourite scrub ever from TBS!

on 3/22/2005 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite scrub ever....it's so moisturizing!

on 3/6/2005 11:53:00 AM

This is my favorite scrub from TBS. The smell is great, like a cross between cocoa powder and a bean. It has a great creamy texture a lot like melting frosting. it scrubs well and though a few of the additives cling to my skin, they do come off when I rub my hands over them (but not with water alone). I wish this scrub was not so expensive, I could justify buying it more, rather than an occassional treat.

on 1/18/2005 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

suck an amazing scrub...It has ground up walnut shells in it which make an amazing scrubber, the scent is so light that it would work with any lotion you wear on top, my skin feels so soft after I use this product!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products