December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2005 12:39:00 AM More reviews by michitk

My HG scrub. Smells delicious and works like a charm. I especially love to use it on my legs before shaving. My fav part is that the exfoliant is actually ground up rice and nut powder which will give maximum scrubbing potential!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by ezone25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this product after my favourite body scrub, H20+'s Purifying Seaweed Slouging Cream (body scrub), was unfortunately discontinued in early 2005 (which really disappointed me since I couldn't find anything else at the time that matched its calibre). Thus, I went to the Body Shop to find a body scrub, since their products smell so yummy. I am glad that I was able to talk with a salesperson, who recommended this scrub since I told her that I hate scrubs that feel greasy and leave my bathtub slicked (totally dangerous!). I got this as part of a 2 for $30 Cdn promotion, along with the Cocoa Butter Body Butter (which I gave to my mom). This scrub is a definite close second to my previous H20+ one! It smells delicious enough to eat, has a nice creamy texture, grainy enough to feel like a "real" scrub and leaves my skin so smooth, clean and fresh! It really is indeed a good prep for moisturizer. The only caveats are that when rinsing, the floor of my bathtub is full of the grains i.e. doesn't dissolve like the salt ones, and it is a bit pricey (regularly $17 Cdn) for its 200 ml, but I can live with it since it is non-greasy and an excellent alternative (H20+'s scrub was regularly priced at $33 Cdn for I think 400 ml or 600 ml...can't remember at the moment). I will definitely buy this product again; Ebay is a good place to check out for cheap prices but it's still worth buying at its regular price. On a sidenote, I recently tried the coconut body scrub, and was absolutely horrified and disgusted! It was the total opposite of the cocoa butter one! The only solace is that I bought the coconut one on Ebay for around $2.25 US! I will be putting up my review for this coconut one soon but suffice it to say for now that that is one of the more horrendous scrubs I have tried so far!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 11:25:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful scrub from TBS!!Smells great..works great..just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2005 12:10:00 AM More reviews by nutblink

my favourite scrub ever from TBS!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 10:34:00 PM More reviews by macha_lopez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite scrub ever....it's so moisturizing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Kminer

This is my favorite scrub from TBS. The smell is great, like a cross between cocoa powder and a bean. It has a great creamy texture a lot like melting frosting. it scrubs well and though a few of the additives cling to my skin, they do come off when I rub my hands over them (but not with water alone). I wish this scrub was not so expensive, I could justify buying it more, rather than an occassional treat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sunn0607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

suck an amazing scrub...It has ground up walnut shells in it which make an amazing scrubber, the scent is so light that it would work with any lotion you wear on top, my skin feels so soft after I use this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by HelenaP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best scrub I've tried, and I have been searching for quite a while. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it (quality of very expensive scrubs for half the price). It's quite abrasive, so a little goes a long way. It left my skin soft, polished, and smelling great. It even moisturizes, so I didn't feel like my skin was bursting by the time I applied the lotion. Don't think I'll change it any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jaclynz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because I was trying to find a decent scrub after I finished using my B&BW. Anyway, I find that it is pretty good, smells good and doesn't leave you feeling too greasy (or the floor either). The only problem is that I found that the grains do not wash away that easy and sometimes when I am drying myself off, I fidnd remaining grains on my body. Other than that, it is good. I wouldn't mind buying it again, however I have found other ones that I am more impressed with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by coolnsassy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, this is the best TBS body scrub. Itīs grainy and lovely and I feel really scrubbed after using this. It doesnīt leave a greasy film on the skin like some other TBS scrubs do. It also leaves my skin silky smooth and there is no need to moisturise afterwards.