TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

It really depends what you use this for. For me, it is to keep my bikini line nice and smooth (no ingrowns) and it works works works like no other. And if you do squeeze a pimple, this will make sure it doesn't get infected and dries up within a day. For these two purposes, it is awesome. It also dries up unsqueezed pimples, too, but not as quickly.

on 4/1/2008 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought an 8-oz. bottle of this at a Duane Reade in Manhattan for $20 -- kind of expensive, but I felt like I was getting a good deal since I know that on Folica.com it costs twice that. This was about a month and a half ago, and my skin is significantly more manageable now than it was then, thanks to this product. My skin is not perfect, but it's so much closer now, and that's saying a lot considering that I am a huge perfectionist and probably way too familiar with every inch of my skin, and I have tried SO many products that simply failed to live up to my high expectations.

I wouldn't say that I have "acne", but I have always struggled with overactive sebaceous glands and the resulting oiliness and clogged pores. I also have recently been getting underground cyst-like spots on my cheeks that aren't that noticeable because they never really come to a head, but still feel lumpy and drive me crazy. Tend Skin has reduced these problems by about 75%. Everything is really just more "under control." Best of all is that if I get a zit (even those underground cheek ones!), it's noticeably "progressed" after one application of Tend Skin, ready to gently pop after 2, completely flattened after 3 (no second popping required), and after a week, the red spot's barely noticeable. This is the ONLY product that has worked this quickly and consistently on my skin!!

My daily TendSkin routine is to use it every night as a toner, all over my face...and that's basically it. I try to apply it as often as possible actually, but only at night or when I'm around the house (wouldn't work too well under makeup). It does cause some flakiness, but nothing unmanageable, and I'll take that anyday over clogged pores & bumps. I must say that I do have very resistant skin, so if yours is easily irritated, I'd recommend applying it as a spot treatment only.

I apply this stuff in kind of a weird way. I have this clear circular dome-shaped cover that I took off the top of an old eyeshadow palette (Physician's Formula Baked Eyeshadow or something like that), and I squirt some of the Tend Skin into that. Then, I dip in this thin but sturdy-bristled fan-shaped brush (about an inch wide) that I got for $2 at a craft store and is actually a paintbrush, and I use that to sweep it all over my face. Using this method (and totally random collection of tools), I've gone through less than 1/3 of the 8-oz. bottle after almost 2 months. That's not bad. Using a cotton ball, I would have gone through soooooo much of the product, because I like my face to be wet with the stuff so that there's plenty to soak in.

Anyway, Tend Skin (and this application method) has become an essential part of my beauty routine, right up there with brushing my teeth and putting on SPF in the morning. I would definitely recommend it! (and this is only my third product review ever, that's how much I believe in it!).

on 2/27/2008 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

After buying countless products to try and help my boy with his ingrowns/shaving rash I finally stumbled upon this in sephora and will never turn back!not only has it made his face like a baby but it works wonders on bikini lines......would most def keep buying again and again!little bit on the exy side but it lasts quite a while..also be prepared for the smell!but when a products works this well you can't hold a few alcohol fumes against it....

on 2/7/2008 9:56:00 PM

I never comment on anything but had to comment on TendSkin. I am going away this weekend and got a bikini wax yesterday. The woman should be fired because she left my skin irritated and red and bumpy, and didnt even take off all the hair from my legs and bikini area, so I had to shave on top of my already irritated, sensitive skin. It hurt so badly and I thought I was going to have to wear shorts in the water to coverup my embarrassing bathing suit area! -- but tonight when I got home I took a hot bath and then shaved (ouch!), and when I was done I put on TendSkin, and within about 15 minutes My legs looked absolutely fine!!! I have never been so shocked and impressed by a product, it worked amazingly. I'm so happy, I would definitey buy this product again!

on 1/20/2008 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HG!!! The only drawback is the price, but it's worth it, for the great results this gives me.
I usually shave my bikini area, and before using Tendskin, I'd always have irritation, itchiness and bumps for weeks. Not a nice feeling. Now I just apply Tendskin with a cotton pad right after shaving, and I have absolutely no discomfort/irritation. It is important to use it every day though, for a while, otherwise you do get the bumps.
I also used it as a spot treatment for pimples, and wow...it works better than most acne treatments I've tried. If I dab a drop at night before bed, the pimple is almost gone by morning!
I expected the smell to be totally nasty, after reading the reviews, but I really don't find it offensive at all, it's not a nice scent, that's true, but it disappears within seconds, so it's not really an issue.
So yes, I will buy again, and again, and again...

on 1/11/2008 1:36:00 PM

Ok so after months and months of getting bikini waxes i was getting some terrible in-grown hairs.... i opted to use the Tend Skin to try and help with this issue... i tried it every way possible. I think perhaps it helped some what but i didnt think it made a difference for me. I was terribly dissapointed. I have since stopped the wax treatments and gotten some Dr Bronner's tea tree oil liquid soap and this is not getting rid of the ingrown hairs but it is helping to cleanse the skin better and i do notice that the ingrowns from prior that i have been unable to get rid of are starting to soften and come to the surface.
It is a lot of money to spend on something that doesnt live up to its promises.

on 1/7/2008 2:06:00 PM

I have not yet tried this product, but for all you ladies who want the homemade remedy here it is
Its on a beauty blog from a girl named Phyllis

Hope this helps!

on 1/3/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hated the way it burned, but it did work at reducing and preventing razor burn. I nixed the whole swabbing with a cotton ball idea and just squirted the stuff right on me in the tub. I already mentioned it burned and now I have to say it smelled very unpleasant. But, I dealt with it. After a few days of using it once daily my legs were less red and I could shave and not get those bumps. I must tell you it works brilliantly as a anti-perspirant! I used it on my underarms in the morning (then sprayed some perfume over it to cover the smell) and did not have any wetness all day.

on 11/28/2007 4:16:00 PM

Fabulous product. I won't get a bikini or eyebrow wax without it. I use it shortly after I've been waxed, and then daily for about a week or so. Anytime I get ingrown hairs or bumps I apply this and it's like magic. Stinky, but the smell doesn't linger. Haven't used anything else that's been as effective- not looking any longer as this is true HG material.

This has been an absolute godsend for the ingrowns on my bikini line. True, the smell isn't good -- but it evaporates almost instantly. Yes, it seems expensive, but I'm fortunate enough to be able to purchase it at Harmon for about $10. The results are second to none, and I wouldn't hesitate to pay full price for it if Harmon stops carrying it. I was plauged by painful ingrowns and now I have no problem whatsoever!

Also, this is great as a spot treatment for facial acne. I was getting a pesky pimple on my lipline (aren't those the WORST??), and I applied a bit of Tend Skin to it with a qtip, and by morning, it was gone.

Amazing stuff. I couldn't love it more.