April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this product for years and its a great basic. it keeps my skin on a sort of level playing field, and leaves a base for extra exfoliant or more gentle cleaning when i need it. nice for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by babygiggles

After a week of use I'm liking this creamy exfoliant. It leaves the skin soft and I have noticed less blackheads. The smell is pleasant and it's easy to apply. I recommend massaging the face very gently for the time the package recommends which is 20 to 30 seconds. The only issues I have with it is that it has not helped the other aspects of my acne but I can't really complain because it doesn't claim to clear other types of blemishes, and it is a bit difficult to rinse off the beads but I guess that's to be expected, it rinses better in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by uzzie

Totally dries out skin. leaves your skin flaking in some parts- NOT a good sign. My skin also became irritated..and I would say I've got skin as thick as a horse's. If you like totally dries up blotchy red skin, i guess this is perfect for you. if you're normal like the rest of the human population..i would reccomend sometimes more soothing and gentle. definitely not re-purchasing..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

This product is one of the many that I have tried in my war against persistent blackheads. My main problem with this was the strange combination in the product.

First of all 'scrub' was more like a 'gouge.' My sensitive skin was definitely not able to handle this product at all. It was too harsh to the point where it was painful.

Secondly, the cream base felt almost greasy on my skin and my consistent breakouts, especially around my nose, seem to show that this greasiness did more to clog my pores than it did to clear them.

My last problem with this product is the packaging. The flimsy flip cap on the tube snapped off randomly while I was opening it, and I can't say that I'm strong enough to break plastic covers without noticing.

Don't buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by seaglassmakeupcollector

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally think this works really well on my blackheads. I only use it at night on areas where I get bad blackheads. You have to be consistent with this. It hasn't miraculously cured my blackheads, but it has made many disappear and all of them at least smaller. It also prevents any new ones from forming. I skipped using it for just a a week or two and my blackheads were huge and many new ones formed. Just a day or two back on this my blackheads were better. I adore this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by rgu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product didn't work for me so much; I think it's just not strong enough. First, it doesn't contain nearly enough scrubbing beads. Second, the creamy formula of the scrub just doesn't feel like it's working very well and doesn't get my face squeaky clean. I don't notice my skin any cleaner after using this, I think I just need something more astringent. I much prefer Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by karebear96

i did not like this product at all! the texture was weird and it did not clear any of my blackheads. using baking soda and water is sooo much better

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by KelseyMichelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by the reviews on this one. I was actually impressed by it. It did unclogged some of my pores, and left my face really smooth. I just rubbed in circles for several minutes. I have acne prone skin and did not notice that it broke me out. I repurchased the walgreens knock off and actually liked that better. It had a nicer smell and a tingly clean feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by nola138

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this actually broke me out... weird. It definitely irritates me as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by iceburger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my skin feel so soft and smooth. Love it. As for blackheads, well it did moderately control it but not the most effective. I mainly used it as an exfoliator/scrub and I like how the beads are nice gentle. I've repurchased a few times but I don't think i will again, because its not what I'm looking for.