Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 9/12/2008 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I don't know how many bottles I've bought so far. I don't remember how many times I got compliments about how beautiful I smelled (even strangers stopped me a couple of times). And I don't remember how many times I made my husband fall in love with me again since he loves this fragrance very much:))

on 9/10/2008 8:36:00 AM

Banana. Not sure if I like it but at least it's different.

Edit - I've tried it again and I'm getting the floral it's supposed to be. Nice, fresh and tropical.

on 8/11/2008 8:54:00 AM

I waffle on this one. There are times when its synthetic clean floral "freshness" really suits me. Here's how it strikes me: it has this airy quality that stays high up (it's not an earthy fragrance) - which the sky colored bottle expresses well. The name, Beyond Paradise, is good - not for the "Paradise" part, but for the "Beyond", which is this sense of the expanding horizon. But there are other times I can't take it because it just seems too high and loud and synthetic. My liking for it depends on my mood, whether I'm in the mood for airy, or earthy. As I said, I waffle. It seems to work well on my skin because my husband's comment was, "that smells nice" - without being asked. So I'm giving it 4 lippies because I received a rare unsolicited compliment. Otherwise, I'd give it three, just based on my personal taste. I like it a lot, but I don't looooooooove it. I'm not qualified to comment on the break-through technology involved in its creation, which as a fragrance wearer wouldn't affect my purchase decision anyway. It's an abstract floral fragrance that seems very American to me - in that idealized, breezy, healthy, clean cut, extroverted, radiant Cover Girl way.

on 7/20/2008 10:59:00 PM

I wore this everyday for a year straight, now I have a new love and find myself not wearing it as much since I purchased the second bottle. But this stuff lasts forever and smells great. A very unique smell to me I am sure there are other reviews talking about the exact scent.

on 7/15/2008 10:10:00 AM

I really, really wanted to like this--I've heard such great reviews and I generally love florals. However, when I tried it I found it was much too strong. One spritz on my wrist overwhelmed me and gave me a headache. I didn't like the scent too much, either--rather than the delicate bouquet I had hoped for, it reminded me more of rotting flowers with a sharp soapy smell. Two lippies because the bottle is pretty and on many people the scent seems to work, but definitely try before you buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised by the many reviews saying that this is an extremely potent scent. On me it fades very quickly, too quickly for a fragrance in this price category. The scent is floral and feminine and overall quite sweet and lovely, although I don't find it especially complex or interesting. As always with fragrances, it's a good idea to test repeatedly before you buy. I was given this fragrance by my husband, but I wouldn't purchase this on my own.

on 6/18/2008 3:21:00 PM

This is a strange fragrance. Lucca Turin loves it and describes it as abstract floral - and it certainly is like nothing i have ever experienced before - and, it can be a little overwhelming, apply with care! I got a bottle free on an aeroplane ( my tv screen did not work and they offered me something from the onboard trolley as compensation!) I had two minutes to choose and i went for this because it was new and I had read one good review. I was on my way to Miami and now it always reminds me of South Beach when i wear it. It's a perfume that cheers me up, .feels glamorous and wraps me in tropical sunshine all day.

on 6/13/2008 2:44:00 PM

Am I alone in thinking this smells just like the 1980s version of White Shoulders? I smell no jasmine, and not many other flowers either. Not terrible, but soapy and flat. I realize Luca Turin has to say it's fabulous because he is a friend of its creator, Calice Becker, but I'll bet he winces when he does.

on 5/25/2008 11:05:00 AM

Tropical, fruity long lasting fragrance. I get honeysuckle, a small bit of jasmine and other florals. Long lasting to say the least. It's not terribly complex or unusual but perfect for a summer day when no statement is needed except to smell pretty.

on 5/21/2008 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume!!! I've been wearing it for years! It smells a lot like honeysuckle. It's not real strong so I think it's great!

Popular Fragrances