September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has got to be one of the BEST products ever made!!!! it made my makeup last through dancing and it looked FRESH like i had just applied it!!! wow....this will forever be in my makeup kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tituba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has a good minty feeling to it. It works. I use it to make my eyeliners and eye shadows waterproof too!!! My only problem is the spritz.. when I use it to spray the enitre spray, it doesnt give a fine fine mist to cover the entire face. Otherwise ill give it 5 lippies. IT IS DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE! holds make-up and very very inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a 2 oz. bottle of this with a spray nozzle about 6 months ago. I've only used about a fourth of it so far, and I used it--liberally!--at least twice a week. This stuff is amazing. I was so sick of going out with awesome makeup and coming home with smeared eyeliner or shadow that migrated to my lower lids (not attractive, especially when you wear bright colors. No one wants blue raccoon eyes). I tried primers, paints, CCB, liquid liners that claimed to last for ever, none worked. Final Seal is perfect. Once my eye makeup is in place, I spray this over it, applying several layers (drying between layers). It keeps my bright shadows bright, my liquid eyeliner crisp, and can even be used to apply glitter over shadows and liner. I love layering this over fluidliners and smudgepots to make my liner bullet proof. I have cried (and I don't mean pretty lady-like tears), sweated, danced at rock shows, and generally done things that makeup hates, and yet this kept everything looking perfect. I cannot praise it enough.

Warnings: when you first spray, hold it away from your face, because the nozzle can get clogged sometimes. If this gets into your eyes, it will burn like hell. When I layer it over liner with a brush (like Shelaq), I dab excess off on my hand first because otherwise it will run into my closed eye. You must let layers dry before applying more, or else your eye makeup will crease. It tends to dry quickly though. If you put on too many layers the minty smell will be icky, but wears off in about an hour. The bottle can also become encrusted (packaging isn't all that great), so I'm planning on replacing mine for that reason alone, but at $7 a pop I don't mind.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by naynay787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after hunting for a product to minimize makeup transfer. I absolutely *hate* it when my makeup rubs off on my or my DH's clothes. Also, despite the fact that I don't have oily skin, my mu seems to disappear quickly from my face. Enter Ben Nye's Final Seal...... This is made for dancers and performers to help their mu last, even when they perspire. I bought this at a costume supply store. A 7 oz bottle of this cost $17, which is not such a bad price for what it does. Tried it out as soon as I got home. My only gripe is that the 7 oz bottle doesn't come with a spray nozzle like the 2 oz one does. I had to take the top off of a bottle of hair shine serum to use this. It has a light minty scent which dissipates once the product is dry. It helps my mu last through exercising in hot, humid weather. To test the transfer-proof ability of this, I rubbed a tissue lightly against my face and the tissue didn't pick up a hint of makeup =0 Genius product! Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Natalie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great product! After applying the Color Cake foundation, Ben Nye's Final Seal does not allow the foundation to smear at all! Makeup remains intact, even during the hot sweaty summer months. Even in summer camp, this product makes all makeup stick!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by taegugirl

I spritzed this all over my face after putting on my wedding day makeup-- except my lip gloss.

To give others some context: I got married in mid-August in New England. In a church with NO air-conditioning. And it was raining! (it was HOT and humid) This kept everything in place...along with the Benefit's She-laq I used over my eye liner.

I cried a lot during my ceremony, my dad wiped my tears with his tie and my face did not budge.

For a gal with combo/oily skin, this was great. Don't expect this to cement your makeup on your face through a nuclear blast, but under my wedding circumstances, this thing did its job. And it was dirty cheap-- compared to She-laq!

Has a nice minty tingle and smell. (will burn if you get in your eyes)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by VogonPoet81

This stuff is fantastic. Actually kept my make up from wearing off. I went to Dave and Busters in Cleveland and played a version of Dance Dance Revolution and my make up didn't wear off which is super surprising. Nice little minty smell at first...although my only gripe is that at first it felt thick and heavy on my face, but think i used too much. Will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could buy this by the gallon I would! I had a small bottle of this that I used at m/up school and when school was over I kept it with my school stuff and just never used it. How silly! This is awesome for helping set makeup and reduce rub-off. Why didn't I remember my teachers told me this was invaluable for actors and newscasters for keeping their heavy m/up from transfering onto their clothes. This would be therefore amazing for any makeup that needed to stay put for long periods of time (bridal, clown, Halloween, clubbing...)

I was using MAC Fix+ but didn't like the dewy finish. And it doesn't stop transfer.

Be aware it does contain alcohol, acrylates and I believe mint (feels very refreshing going on in a fine mist ~ just be sure to close your eyes!) but I've yet to encounter a problem with this. From the research I've done, alcohol denat. evaporates too quickly to do any damage at all, and this mist is so fine that any harm would be negligible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Yatri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product! Sprays nice and fine and the nozzle has yet to clog on me. Smells great and has a refreshing tingle. Dries in seconds! Seals makeup wonderfully even on my oily eyelids that can't hold a shadow for more then 20 min. The best part is the low price and the variety of sizes. The smallest is the perfect travel size. I haven't had any problems with leaking or breakage so even though the container looks cheap it holds up well for this product. Only downfall is you have to order online unless you are lucky enough to have a large costume shop that carries it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This doesn't preserve my makeup perfectly all day - there would have to be an act of God to do that, given my combo/oily skin and hot climate. But it does preserve it well for a very long time. Usually at a certain point, when my MU would normally be long vanished from my face, I will still have most of my original face on, with only my oilier areas - nose, eyelids - a little shiny. That's close to miraculous given the way my skin eats makeup. I can't believe more people don't use this stuff, it's so inexpensive and it's just incredible. I find the Fix + and other sprays are nice for setting and giving a dewy finish but as far as actually sealing makeup - only this does the job.