Ben Nye Final Seal

4.4

Alcohol Denat, Water, Acrylates/ Octylacrlamide Copolymer, Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol, Fragrance,Phenoxyethanol, Blue 1.

on 12/27/2007 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I am glad I put makeup that I don't use aside instead of throwing it away. Sometimes it takes another try to acheive greatness with a product, most often because of application skill. Forget Model in a Bottle, and all other expensive setting sprays, this stuff is great. I had two of the 1 oz bottles of this tucked away in a closet, and when I read the reviews on here I got them out and tried them again. The tip on patting it in with a tissue is great, as is the tip about applying a few coats. What a great way to really do up your face great once, spray this, and you're set, literally. Your makeup is set until you wash it at the end of the day. All you need is lipgloss/stick. I've used a few paints and primers for eye bases, and even a primer for under makeup, but this really makes it stay put. I have really wanted to find something that would make my makeup more longlasting, and in the short time I've used this, it's become a HG for me. I bet if you had a few layers of this on your makeup, you could get you face wet,Will also try what another reviewer did and try it as a base and finish spray, as I can tend to be more oily than other times. I think I paid $4 for the 1 oz bottle at a costume store a long time ago. The size also makes it perfect for travel. It could do without the mint, but that is the only thing I could see changing about it.

on 11/13/2007 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

With the kind help of my dear mua'er friend in U.S.(she cp'd me) I finally get my hands on this stuff. I've been wanting to try this for the longest time. It is worth all the waiting because this stuff really works! this holds e/s in place, prevents my foundation from sliding off my face. I also like the minty scent and the cooling effect.

on 10/30/2007 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I love Final Seal. It is awesome. I've been using it for about a year. I don't use it everyday, just when I have a meeting or some type of event to go to. I used this on my wedding day. I cried the whole time, and my make up stayed put! This is a must for any bride to be. I'm serious, this stuff works.

Oh yeah, close your eyes! Also, I sometimes use my hair dyer on the cold setting to help it dry faster.

on 10/30/2007 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

WOW. I love Ben Nye and this product is just another reason why. My make up usually lasts for about 2.5 minutes because my skin is SO OILY. I use this sealer as a base and a finish. I can't believe how well it works. My makeup actually stays put. I can go to a hot sweaty club and my face stays put. Amazing stuff.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff actually is pretty amazing performance-wise. I used it today for the first time to set my eyeliner. I then went to an amusement park in about 95 degree humid weather. Rode rides and my eyes watered. This stuff stayed on really well! What I did was apply my eyeliner and then took my liner brush and lined over the line with the Final Seal. It was really easy. The only thing I don't like about this product is the minty burn I felt immediately after applying. It did go away but I am scared it might irritate my eyes. If they would take the mint out this product would be even better!

on 9/1/2007 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based on the rave reviews, and the first couple times I used it I was really disappointed. The spray applicator doesn't produce a fine mist, so the seal would basically make a pattern of tiny droplets on my face that was evident after a couple hours, when the rest of my makeup would start to vanish. I tried it again a couple days ago, but this time used a tissue to evenly pat it into my skin. It didn't smear like I was worried it would, and now I know what everyone else is raving about. At the end of the day my makeup looks just as fresh as when I first put it on, making this an instant HG. I think I'm going to get one of the huge bottles to make sure I never run out. Love this.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

So...I don't know if this does much to keep my make-up in place. I have never actually had a problem with my make-up sliding around - perhaps this is why I can't tell! What it is MIRACULOUS for though is stopping eyeliner from smudging, budging or transfering at all. I pull the atomizer out, let a drop or two fall fall off onto a small plastic lid, dip my eyeliner brush in it and then roll that through the eyeshadow I want to use as liner. Fabulous. Holds through long days (including air travel). Now, you will have to re-dip fairly frequently and/or work fast because it does dry quickly, but this not a problem as you can easily re-dip (but don't do this into the bottle itself...not hygenic).

As for spraying over the make-up, I do it - it smells good (minty) but it does go into some bigger droplets so just pat those out with your finger...be sure your eyes are closed!

on 7/30/2007 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Let's recap the day, shall we? Put on makeup on my rather oil-prone face at 7:30am, spritz Ben Nye Final Seal over my eye makeup (the bulk of which is made up of MAC pigments), walk ten minutes in a rain shower without an umbrella, sit in an office for eight hours, go to a 1.25hr power yoga class in the evening, get home at 9:00pm. In between, I did touch up my original MAC Fluidline eyeliner with a MAC Powerpoint a little bit at 1pm. Now, at 9:15pm, my cheeks are a tad shimmery from some pigment fall-out, and I did have to wipe away minimal mascara from under my eyes after yoga, but my eyeshadow is about 95% as vibrant as it was this morning, fourteen hours later.

Last weekend, I used Final Seal on a combination of eyeshadow and pigment, stood out in horrible humidity for an hour and a half, and literally sweated buckets. My hair looked like I had got out of the shower fifteen minutes prior (yes, it was gross). My makeup? Flawless, with minimal fall-out and no raccoon eyes.

This stuff is unreal. You spritz it on (and be careful not to get any in your eyes, because it is not pleasant!), wait fifteen seconds for it to dry, and go about your day. It feels a little tight at first, but after a few minutes, it doesn't feel like anything besides makeup. Granted, I used UD Primer Potion with my Final Seal, but UDPP is nowhere near this effective alone. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has got to be one of the BEST products ever made!!!! it made my makeup last through dancing and it looked FRESH like i had just applied it!!! wow....this will forever be in my makeup kit.

on 7/8/2007 12:49:00 AM

This has a good minty feeling to it. It works. I use it to make my eyeliners and eye shadows waterproof too!!! My only problem is the spritz.. when I use it to spray the enitre spray, it doesnt give a fine fine mist to cover the entire face. Otherwise ill give it 5 lippies. IT IS DEFINITELY A MUST HAVE! holds make-up and very very inexpensive.

Popular Other Products