July 29, 2014 | 2079 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by naynay787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after hunting for a product to minimize makeup transfer. I absolutely *hate* it when my makeup rubs off on my or my DH's clothes. Also, despite the fact that I don't have oily skin, my mu seems to disappear quickly from my face. Enter Ben Nye's Final Seal...... This is made for dancers and performers to help their mu last, even when they perspire. I bought this at a costume supply store. A 7 oz bottle of this cost $17, which is not such a bad price for what it does. Tried it out as soon as I got home. My only gripe is that the 7 oz bottle doesn't come with a spray nozzle like the 2 oz one does. I had to take the top off of a bottle of hair shine serum to use this. It has a light minty scent which dissipates once the product is dry. It helps my mu last through exercising in hot, humid weather. To test the transfer-proof ability of this, I rubbed a tissue lightly against my face and the tissue didn't pick up a hint of makeup =0 Genius product! Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Natalie13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great product! After applying the Color Cake foundation, Ben Nye's Final Seal does not allow the foundation to smear at all! Makeup remains intact, even during the hot sweaty summer months. Even in summer camp, this product makes all makeup stick!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by taegugirl

I spritzed this all over my face after putting on my wedding day makeup-- except my lip gloss.

To give others some context: I got married in mid-August in New England. In a church with NO air-conditioning. And it was raining! (it was HOT and humid) This kept everything in place...along with the Benefit's She-laq I used over my eye liner.

I cried a lot during my ceremony, my dad wiped my tears with his tie and my face did not budge.

For a gal with combo/oily skin, this was great. Don't expect this to cement your makeup on your face through a nuclear blast, but under my wedding circumstances, this thing did its job. And it was dirty cheap-- compared to She-laq!

Has a nice minty tingle and smell. (will burn if you get in your eyes)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 11:37:00 PM More reviews by VogonPoet81

This stuff is fantastic. Actually kept my make up from wearing off. I went to Dave and Busters in Cleveland and played a version of Dance Dance Revolution and my make up didn't wear off which is super surprising. Nice little minty smell at first...although my only gripe is that at first it felt thick and heavy on my face, but think i used too much. Will definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 7:33:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If I could buy this by the gallon I would! I had a small bottle of this that I used at m/up school and when school was over I kept it with my school stuff and just never used it. How silly! This is awesome for helping set makeup and reduce rub-off. Why didn't I remember my teachers told me this was invaluable for actors and newscasters for keeping their heavy m/up from transfering onto their clothes. This would be therefore amazing for any makeup that needed to stay put for long periods of time (bridal, clown, Halloween, clubbing...)

I was using MAC Fix+ but didn't like the dewy finish. And it doesn't stop transfer.

Be aware it does contain alcohol, acrylates and I believe mint (feels very refreshing going on in a fine mist ~ just be sure to close your eyes!) but I've yet to encounter a problem with this. From the research I've done, alcohol denat. evaporates too quickly to do any damage at all, and this mist is so fine that any harm would be negligible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Yatri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product! Sprays nice and fine and the nozzle has yet to clog on me. Smells great and has a refreshing tingle. Dries in seconds! Seals makeup wonderfully even on my oily eyelids that can't hold a shadow for more then 20 min. The best part is the low price and the variety of sizes. The smallest is the perfect travel size. I haven't had any problems with leaking or breakage so even though the container looks cheap it holds up well for this product. Only downfall is you have to order online unless you are lucky enough to have a large costume shop that carries it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This doesn't preserve my makeup perfectly all day - there would have to be an act of God to do that, given my combo/oily skin and hot climate. But it does preserve it well for a very long time. Usually at a certain point, when my MU would normally be long vanished from my face, I will still have most of my original face on, with only my oilier areas - nose, eyelids - a little shiny. That's close to miraculous given the way my skin eats makeup. I can't believe more people don't use this stuff, it's so inexpensive and it's just incredible. I find the Fix + and other sprays are nice for setting and giving a dewy finish but as far as actually sealing makeup - only this does the job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

This stuff rocks!!! Its a clear liquid that comes in a plastic bottle or spray, and you can use it to set your makeup. All you do is spray it on after you apply your makeup and it it makes it all stay put! I use this to mix with shadow to make a waterproof liner. I think this stuff is the best, way better than those other sealers out there and a fraction of the price. I need things like this to help my eye makeup in the heat. This will forever be in my makeup collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 12:17:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, Love, Love it....My fiancee and I go to alot of parties. By the end of the night, he often ends up with my makeup on his suit/face/hat. Final Seal keeps my makeup where it belongs; On my face :) It has a refreshing minty smell, like Double Mint gum. You mist your face with this. Wait a few seconds while it dries. Then spray again. No need for touch-ups. Dance all night to reggae, makeup stays put. Hard day at work, makeup stays put. Comes in a nice spray bottle. Makes it easy to spray a fine mist on your face. Washes off easily with plain soap and water. Cost $6.00 for 2oz or $15 for 8oz.***** Update: 8/6/06 *****I love this so much I just ordered the 16 oz version on ebay. Also ordered 2oz spray bottles for my Mom and sister. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Zanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a while over anti-perspirant setting powder on my clients, and even the ones who sweat profusely and have oily skin are able to go through an entire evening without having to touch up their makeup. I use it with Mehron's Barrier Spray (for underneath makeup), for bullet-proof faces. It's a necessity for keeping makeup off of costumes.