NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 10/24/2009 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Another one of my HG products from NARS. Lovejoy is a beautiful bronzy rose color with shimmer. However, when applied, the shimmer basically nonexistent and what you are left with is a gorgeous glow instead of glitter specks on your cheeks. I love how it can pass for either a bronzer or blush so this has basically replaced those 2 for me. I only use this one product on my cheeks and I love it. I actually apply it with the MAC 134 brush and kind of contour with it. What I especially love about this is that it's highly pigmented so you don't need that much at all, and it lasts all day! NARS blushes are the only ones that last all day on my cheeks. This would also go with any look which is fantastic. In my opinion, this is really the only blush I need.

on 10/13/2009 12:36:00 PM

I'm really on the fence about this blush... mainly because it looks very very similar to what I was already wearing. If that's the case then it's not really worth its price to me, so I may return it. I really want to love it though because it is a very nice neutral color! And it's not too shimmery/glittery/sparkley.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This blush is the truth!! It works so well on African American skin. Well I think any NARS blushes would. I'm in NC45 and it makes me look so tan and bronzy. HG status for sure!!!!

on 10/6/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I got this based on the MUA reviews submitted by other ladies of color and I don't get it. Maybe my milk chocolate, BM Warm Tan complexion is darker than those reviewing this because it did not show up AT ALL on me. I still gave it 2 lippies because the shimmer looks nice as a highlighter, but I got nothing else from this one. Will definatley not repurchase but may keep to use as a highlighter.

UPDATE: I was about to return this to Sephora when I decided to give it one more try and this time I used a more dense brush and different lighting and WOW! I now see what all the excitement is about. I got giggly at the very subtle but very nice warming it adds to the cheeks and just enough shimmer to add glow! I looked a fresh without looking made up. . . Still not quite 5 lippies but definately a keeper!!

on 9/19/2009 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was a little hesitant to buy this blush even after swatching it on my arm but remembered seeing it on a girl with the same skin tone as me and it looked beautiful on her. It is very pigmented and need two swipes of this with my brush to show up on my skin but that's all I need. It's a great daytime blush!

on 9/13/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this blush. For me, its perfect for contouring. I can use this for either one and I feel like I look good and that's what's important, right? :)

It doesn't make my skin look muddy, like a lot of bronzers do. I don't know what else to say about it other than I love it sooooooooo much! :)

on 9/9/2009 12:59:00 PM

I ordered this from Sephora website w/out sampling it first; my mistake. It is a beautiful looking color in the packaging; however on my skin it just does not look right. It's a bit too shimmery for my taste.
I LOVE Nars blushes; but I think i need to stick to the matte blushes or at least the ones that have very minimal shimmer.

This is one of my favourite blushes from NARS and I am glad I bought this with the Albatross duo. I use it when I want a more subtle glow especially when I do smokey eyes and I just wanna keep the rest of my makeup toned down. I also love that this isn't super pigmented so I don't have to be as careful about putting too much on. For me, this is the perfect mixture of a bronzer and a blush. I know some people would sometimes just use their bronzers so this one is great to use instead since this is supposed to be a bronze rose colour. Definite buy!

on 9/6/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

*nods* .. Y-E-S ... this is one of NARS best ever in my opinion!! Lovejoy is just stunning. On my NC40 skin, this delivers the perfect sunkissed glow that is just a smidge over "nude" cheeks. Nice pigmentation and gorgeous gold shimmer. This is the perfect blush to pair with bronzey eye makeup, and also looks great to top off a smokey eye without adding too much to compete with the eyes. This is probably the one NARS blush I use more than any of my 20+. A definite must have for a bronzed look!

on 8/19/2009 10:10:00 PM

I have this in the duo with Albatross. Love both. Lovejoy is such a gorgeous color. I'm not sure I can add much to the great descriptions everyone else has provided. It's just a beautiful rosy bronze that looks good on nearly everyone. I apply with MAC 188 as I tend to be heavy handed and this seems to do the trick. Near perfect blush IMO>

Popular Blush Products