September 17, 2014 | 1224 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Spark Glossimer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by so_fee_ahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love Chanel Glossimers! They're so rich in color and so smooth in consistency. Particularly, I love this color even more! It doesn't go on as too dark for me but I would imagine this color would go suitably well for those with fair skin. There's something so Victorian about this but very modern at the same time. When I use this, I really like to go light on the eyes. This is my second tube and I just cannot say enough good things about this glossimer. However, I do have a problem with the price of it, a little bit too high for my taste but then again it IS Chanel. But whatever, I'll still get it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Cygentte3

I was very reluctant about getting this glossimeer - I'd put it off for a very long time because the color in the tube is so very RED. I own several other glossimers, mostly in the pink or MLBB family, but was afraid that I'd buy this one, like it, but wear it only rarely due to the dark color.

But, I decided to bite the bullet due to all the raves, and I'm soo glad I did. This color goes on quite a bit lighter than it appears in the tube - it's a shimmery (not not at all frosty) golden raspberry red that looks amazing on my NC20 LLL skin. I've also found myself using it a lot more often than I thought I would (at least 1-2 times per week this winter). I love it and I'll definitely keep it around! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by marra

I love this glossimer. It is a nice sheer sort of cranberry shade that I can apply very lightly or layer for more color. Quality of the gloss is excellent as all the glossimers are. My only gripe is that the gloss seems to seep as other people have mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mirah

This is definitely my favorite overall lipgloss. I love the color, which looks bright and a bit fuschia in the tube, but comes out quite pretty and sheer on. I have tried it on numerous friends and it seems to look good on just about everyone. I love that the glossimers have staying power, aren't too sticky and have a high shine and substantial feeling to them. A staple for anyone's makeup collection

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by makimotoki430

This is my first glossimer and i absolutely love everything about it, the color looks very dark and red in the tube, but once i apply it on my lip, it shows up much lighter. This has just become the PERFECT pink in my makeup bag. i can't wait to try more chanel glossimers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2005 8:31:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I received a deluxe sample-size of this product with my gloss.com order and I really love the color...it's a sheer raspberry with fine gold shimmer. I would definitely buy a full size of this when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

I am admittedly a little boring with my lipcolors -- they're all in the nude and sheer peach family. That said, I really like Spark. It's not red on me at all, it's almost a dark magenta with gold shimmer, which sounds hideous but manages not to be. It's a wearable dramatic lip for this cowardly girl and like all of Chanel, the gel texture is bar none.
Glossimers are $24.50 at Chanel counters everywhere. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2005 12:23:00 PM More reviews by maddiesmom4

First of all, I do love this gloss BUT only layered over lipstick. As a gloss worn alone, Spark looks rasberry on me and not red, still a beautiful color, just not the look I was going for. A little disappointing, I thought it would apply similar to the color that you see but no such luck. Anyway, the first time that I tried it, the MA used l/l Nude, l/s Moire and Spark layered on top. Absolutely stunning on me. I have dark chocolate brown hair with red highlights and this is spectacular on my lips paired with a neutral eye. Will repurchase but don't reach for this everyday, so it will last a good while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jbb27

I just bought this gloss and I love the color. This is my first Glossimer and I am very happpy with the quality. The color is a very pretty sheer red with a few gold sparkles. I have fair skin and blond hair and I am always looking for a red I can wear and this is it. The color reminds me of Bobbie Brown gloss in Ruby Sugar. Ruby Sugar is another beautiful sheer red, but very overpriced for the small container. This gloss is expensive as well- $26- but you get a lot more product. This consistency of this gloss is also less sticky than Ruby Sugar. I will purchase again when this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This is a very pretty, sheer raspberry-red with fine gold shimmers--nice on MMM/GGG me for when I'm both paler and tanned. Coverage is buildable. Fair amount of shine. These last about an hour or two on me (color and shine--a slightly sticky feeling remains for longer). Same comfy, slightly sticky, gel-like texture as the other glossimers. No scent or taste. Nice, chic packaging (doefoot applicator), but I wish Chanel would lose the gold band around the top since it tends to flake off after awhile and looks awful. Plus, like all the other glossimers, the wand tends to "push" product out when you reinsert it so that it gunks up the opening. Definitely pricey and I'm not sure I'd buy another when I use this up, as this color is replicated in other lines (though I said I would).