Chanel Glossimer - Spark

4.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazingly enough, I saw this for the first time on my pretty but no make-up wearing younger sister. It looked fantastic! I talked about it for days, going on and on about how I had to have it and thanks to a very sweet MUAer, I now do! It looks much darker in the tube than it does on your lips. The texture is silky and smooth, the colour, perfection. My sister and I are both NW45/NC50 and this colours just looks GREAT on!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Okay, here's the deal: I'm a PPP with cool/pink undertones, strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. This was my first Glossimer and if not for the packaging, I could sigh happily and end forever my quest for the perfect gloss, regardless of its garish price. It's rosy, shiny, lasting, unscented, and positively gorgeous--great for summer AND winter wear! Wow!

But, alas, my quest continues. I just can't stand the goopy application from a wand that is too long and unwieldy, the mess from the gloss oozing out of the tube, and the difficulty getting the last traces of gloss from the sides of the tube. If this were in a squeeze tube with slanted tip (ala Juicy Tubes) then it would be perfect. Heck, I'd even settle for a brush style wand. But the wand with its sponge applicator is too long, too messy, and too icky for me.

P.S. Anyone else notice Revlon's not-so-subtle attempt at making their Super Lustrous Lip Gloss like Chanel's? Square tube? Check. Black top? Check. Gold Band around tube? Check. At least Revlon makes their tube shorter so the wand isn't so long.

Please Chanel, put this in a squeeze tube and I will forever be at your mercy...

For the price I just don't think this is worth it. I do find myself wearing it, but I think it's more because I spent so much on it I don't want it to go to waste, rather than because it looks so good. It's a reddish muted pink that does on sticky, which I don't mind, but which isn't as highly pigmented as I'd expect it to be. It is fairly sheer and doesn't go on as the brick gloss I'd hoped it would. I'm a sallow PPP and because of the slight golden flecks it works well for me, but it isn't the color it looks in the tube. Overall a good product, but too much $$.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love Chanel Glossimers! They're so rich in color and so smooth in consistency. Particularly, I love this color even more! It doesn't go on as too dark for me but I would imagine this color would go suitably well for those with fair skin. There's something so Victorian about this but very modern at the same time. When I use this, I really like to go light on the eyes. This is my second tube and I just cannot say enough good things about this glossimer. However, I do have a problem with the price of it, a little bit too high for my taste but then again it IS Chanel. But whatever, I'll still get it again.

I was very reluctant about getting this glossimeer - I'd put it off for a very long time because the color in the tube is so very RED. I own several other glossimers, mostly in the pink or MLBB family, but was afraid that I'd buy this one, like it, but wear it only rarely due to the dark color.

But, I decided to bite the bullet due to all the raves, and I'm soo glad I did. This color goes on quite a bit lighter than it appears in the tube - it's a shimmery (not not at all frosty) golden raspberry red that looks amazing on my NC20 LLL skin. I've also found myself using it a lot more often than I thought I would (at least 1-2 times per week this winter). I love it and I'll definitely keep it around! continued >>

I love this glossimer. It is a nice sheer sort of cranberry shade that I can apply very lightly or layer for more color. Quality of the gloss is excellent as all the glossimers are. My only gripe is that the gloss seems to seep as other people have mentioned.

This is definitely my favorite overall lipgloss. I love the color, which looks bright and a bit fuschia in the tube, but comes out quite pretty and sheer on. I have tried it on numerous friends and it seems to look good on just about everyone. I love that the glossimers have staying power, aren't too sticky and have a high shine and substantial feeling to them. A staple for anyone's makeup collection

This is my first glossimer and i absolutely love everything about it, the color looks very dark and red in the tube, but once i apply it on my lip, it shows up much lighter. This has just become the PERFECT pink in my makeup bag. i can't wait to try more chanel glossimers.

I received a deluxe sample-size of this product with my gloss.com order and I really love the color...it's a sheer raspberry with fine gold shimmer. I would definitely buy a full size of this when my sample runs out.

I am admittedly a little boring with my lipcolors -- they're all in the nude and sheer peach family. That said, I really like Spark. It's not red on me at all, it's almost a dark magenta with gold shimmer, which sounds hideous but manages not to be. It's a wearable dramatic lip for this cowardly girl and like all of Chanel, the gel texture is bar none.
Glossimers are $24.50 at Chanel counters everywhere. continued >>