MAC Frost - Sable

4.6

on 7/7/2010 4:43:00 PM

A shimmery, plummy brown. Looks great in the crease or all over the lid with a brow highlight. Really brightens up my blue-green eyes. A staple in my makeup kit.

on 6/24/2010 1:55:00 PM

This beautifully pigmented, satin soft plummy brown is so pretty - there's not much more I can add to the rave reviews. On my NC25 skin, it doesn't pull a lot of the plum, but does lean toward the bronze. I wear this with a bit of Vanilla, and I end up with a lovely, natural eye; I can also layer it for more depth and drama. Paired with Satin Taupe and Dipdown fluidline, you'll find yourself rocking a sexy, smoldering, smoky eye. Love!

on 6/23/2010 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Want a fun look with this? Brush Mac's Cranberry over your lid and into crease (and a bit above the crease if you want some extra drama). Now layer Sable over the lower part of the upper lid - from lash line to the crease. I like to use Bisque as a highlighter under the brow when wearing this look. You can really leave it at this and just add mascara and go or line it for evening. Creates an unexpected neutral eye with punch. The pink in Cranberry is so pretty with this taupey shade!

on 5/30/2010 12:17:00 AM

Omg, this is such a gorgeous color! It looks great when you are doing a smoky eye. I have tried it with various paint pots underneath (mac painterly, indianwood and constructivist) and it is able to look nice with all of them. would definitely recommend.

on 5/19/2010 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really like Sable, but it did take me some time to get used to it. Sable is a plummy brown, but on my skin (NARS Siberia, MAC NW15/NW20) it sometimes pulls a little bit orange, which is not always flattering. However, most of the time this colour is really flattering on my brown eyes and it is also very versatile. I love wearing it with Naked Lunch on the Lid and Twinks in the outer corner, but it can also be worn as an all over lid colour on lazy days.

Edit: it is a nice color, but I don't reach for this very often. I find it too hard to work with on my pale skin, as it tends to pull orange and I'm too lazy to spend that much time on my make up on most days.

on 5/18/2010 4:32:00 AM

This eye shadow is definitely not for me. It is way too dark for my colouring. I have green eyes, and more kind of coppery colours, or purples suit me. I donít even know why I bought this. It looks too dark on me, and looks like I had black eyes. It has a kind of very dark coppery look to it- which is why I thought I could get away with it. But I suit the more orangey/golden coppers. Like Coppering. I would not buy this again. Serves me right for buying on a whim. BOO!

on 5/12/2010 6:07:00 PM

I love sable.. I had this color for awhile and just never reached for it. I wore it today with a coral lip and love it.. It all looks so good together.. Very pigmented and amazing..

on 5/12/2010 12:44:00 AM

I am OBSESSED with this shade! It's the coolest shade of bronze with gold notes. On busy mornings, I can use this as a solo lid color and still get complements on my makeup. It's not overly shimmery and works well with so many highlight colors. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 5/11/2010 7:20:00 PM

This one of my favorite eye shadows ever, I use it as a lid wash mostly. It is very versatile goes with many looks and colors. I love this

on 5/3/2010 12:35:00 PM

My favorite everyday go-to shade by MAC! I wanted something taupey, and I tried Satin Taupe on my light/medium olive skin (NC30) it just pulled purple on my lids. Thank goodness I found Sable thanks to a lovely MUAers rec. Sable has the best texture! Soft, smooth and buttery with nice pigmentation. It's a medium bronzey brown with the slightest hint of plum. The bronze tones blend right in with my warm skin and it leaves just a natural warm taupe on my lids. It's perfect! I pair it with Cork in the crease and Shroom to highlight my browbone. I don't know why I didn't try this shade sooner! MAC shadows are by far the best.