August 1, 2014 | 1160 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by laurajade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy this again and again. My last one shattered so i thought i would try some other brands but once again i have come back to what is a staple in my bag.
Doesn't look orange or dirty. Wears relatively well. No shimmer (i hate shimmer in a bronzer) but not flat at all when applied. Buildable even coverage. The product lasts for ages. In comparison to other bronzer prices in Aust, it is fantastic value.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it looked super dark in the pan when i first opened it, but after using it for a couple weeks now, i'm in love!!! this is by far the best bronzer i've ever used. no orange at all, doesn't look unnatural. it's fool-proof, it's hard to put too much on cause it goes on sheer.

EDIT: After using this regularly for a year, I switched to sculpting powder, but ended up coming back to it. It just gives a really nice healthy glow. I love this bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A HG PRODUCT!

In the quest for bronzers I have tried many-clinique, lancome, Benefit, BB, Laura Mercier-great the first time but the 2nd resemled mud, good lasting power, NARS laguna-too much like my skin, Casino-too DARK and ds

and they either look like:

-I have mud on my face
-they look orange
-look they look WRONG for my NC42 skin tone/meant for fairer skins
-I look darker not sunkissed
-they are super sparkly

This is goofproof, blends easily and warms up my face beautifully. Initially I was terrified of matte because it makes me look awful, I like a non flat,natural sheen/finish.

Thanks to the lovely SA who swiped it on! I was in disbelief as it looks so dark in the pan but not on the face! Its hard to overdo which can be a problem with bronzers but not with this.

Nice texture, even application, easy to apply and imo finely milled.
I've had nothing but compliments and 'my you look well!'
What a fool I was to delay buying this-its like a wardrobe essential-once you get it you wonder why you didnt get it earlier. A definite HG and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many many other stuff I hade no plan of buying this but I ended up at MAC and talking to the salesgirl and she asked if she could try it on me, and I'm so glad she did!
This is matte, and that I love. It is hard to find a bronzer that doesn't shine or glitter.
Also the color is perfect, not orange or dirty looking brown. If you look at it it is dark and I was OMG...I'm going to look dirty-dirty. But nope, goes on smooth and soft, not to dark very natural. Perfect to use as a shadow for you cheek...
Contains:ISOSTEARYL PALMITATE; SILICA; LAUROYL LYSINE; MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE; PHENOXYETHANOL [+/-MICA; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163); CARMINE (CI 75470); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289); CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288); FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510); MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742); ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007); BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090); YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm currently on my third compact of this stuff. What can I say? It's matte like I want, it doesn't turn orange and doesn't look dirty. It's brown based for it looks natural on my skin, and doesn't make my face look like a disco ball. It works so I haven't had to stray. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by drcute2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

perfect for every one need matte bronzer with enough color great product i love it ..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

This is one of the best bronzers I have used, in terms of colour and the matte sheer application. However, every time I used it my face started to itch, and I did not realise why until I twigged it must be this bronzer because it was the only new product I was using. I very rarely have an allergic reaction to cosmetics, so I'm very disappointed. I have a MAC foundation and have used their pressed powder in the past, so it's really unfortunate. Back it has to go and the search is on again...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bronzebabe19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After looking around for while, I am ready to declare MAC Matte Bronze my HG bronzer. I hate shimmery bronzers, so the matte bronze is perfect for me. It looks really dark in the pan, but applies the perfect slight glow. It's a brown terracotta color...no orange on my face! The compact lasts me a good 5 months and I use it nearly everyday! It has pretty good staying power...not all day or anything. If there is such a bronzer that stays all day please PM me and tell me because that would be heavenly! Overall, I will purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is matte - no shimmer, sparkles or glitter like the rest of MAC's bronzers. This was my very first bronzer and it's a nice starter. The compact was nice as it comes with a mirror. Application was easy as well. The shade may look intimidating in the pan, but if used with a light hand and a good face brush, you should be fine.

I've found better bronzers out there than this. MAC's bronzers just turned me slightly orange-y no matter what I tried. I've tried about two other shades other than Matte Bronze and I received just the same end results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by BronzeBabe18

Okay my friend is obsessed with MAC cosmetics, so she dragged me in a store one day at the mall because she wanted to buy some eyeshadow and mascara. Well, I started looking around, and me having an obsession with bronzers, started playing around with some of their samples. I ended up buying their Matte bronze, as I hate bronzers with too much shimmer because you can't apply them all over your face without looking like a golden statue. I am happy with it. If you press your brush into the compact and not swirl it, then it won't become too powdery. It looks very dark, but suprisingly is very sheer and meant to be layered depending on your skin tone. I like it. I wouldn't say it's like HG or anything, I'm always on the prowl for a new bronzer, that's the only reason I have one lippy off. It is truly matte and gives a natural looking glow, for only $20, it's cheaper than Clinique, Lancome, or Benefit. The big compact is nice too with the mirror. I won't keep it in my purse though, as I tend to throw the stuff around in there sometimes and don't want to risk breaking this stuff. Overall, it was natural looking and I would buy it again