April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many many other stuff I hade no plan of buying this but I ended up at MAC and talking to the salesgirl and she asked if she could try it on me, and I'm so glad she did!
This is matte, and that I love. It is hard to find a bronzer that doesn't shine or glitter.
Also the color is perfect, not orange or dirty looking brown. If you look at it it is dark and I was OMG...I'm going to look dirty-dirty. But nope, goes on smooth and soft, not to dark very natural. Perfect to use as a shadow for you cheek...
Contains:ISOSTEARYL PALMITATE; SILICA; LAUROYL LYSINE; MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE; PHENOXYETHANOL [+/-MICA; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163); CARMINE (CI 75470); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289); CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288); FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510); MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742); ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007); BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090); YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm currently on my third compact of this stuff. What can I say? It's matte like I want, it doesn't turn orange and doesn't look dirty. It's brown based for it looks natural on my skin, and doesn't make my face look like a disco ball. It works so I haven't had to stray. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by drcute2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

perfect for every one need matte bronzer with enough color great product i love it ..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

This is one of the best bronzers I have used, in terms of colour and the matte sheer application. However, every time I used it my face started to itch, and I did not realise why until I twigged it must be this bronzer because it was the only new product I was using. I very rarely have an allergic reaction to cosmetics, so I'm very disappointed. I have a MAC foundation and have used their pressed powder in the past, so it's really unfortunate. Back it has to go and the search is on again...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bronzebabe19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After looking around for while, I am ready to declare MAC Matte Bronze my HG bronzer. I hate shimmery bronzers, so the matte bronze is perfect for me. It looks really dark in the pan, but applies the perfect slight glow. It's a brown terracotta color...no orange on my face! The compact lasts me a good 5 months and I use it nearly everyday! It has pretty good staying power...not all day or anything. If there is such a bronzer that stays all day please PM me and tell me because that would be heavenly! Overall, I will purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is matte - no shimmer, sparkles or glitter like the rest of MAC's bronzers. This was my very first bronzer and it's a nice starter. The compact was nice as it comes with a mirror. Application was easy as well. The shade may look intimidating in the pan, but if used with a light hand and a good face brush, you should be fine.

I've found better bronzers out there than this. MAC's bronzers just turned me slightly orange-y no matter what I tried. I've tried about two other shades other than Matte Bronze and I received just the same end results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by BronzeBabe18

Okay my friend is obsessed with MAC cosmetics, so she dragged me in a store one day at the mall because she wanted to buy some eyeshadow and mascara. Well, I started looking around, and me having an obsession with bronzers, started playing around with some of their samples. I ended up buying their Matte bronze, as I hate bronzers with too much shimmer because you can't apply them all over your face without looking like a golden statue. I am happy with it. If you press your brush into the compact and not swirl it, then it won't become too powdery. It looks very dark, but suprisingly is very sheer and meant to be layered depending on your skin tone. I like it. I wouldn't say it's like HG or anything, I'm always on the prowl for a new bronzer, that's the only reason I have one lippy off. It is truly matte and gives a natural looking glow, for only $20, it's cheaper than Clinique, Lancome, or Benefit. The big compact is nice too with the mirror. I won't keep it in my purse though, as I tend to throw the stuff around in there sometimes and don't want to risk breaking this stuff. Overall, it was natural looking and I would buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2007 6:08:00 AM More reviews by ShannonLam

I have tried both Golden and Refined Golden, but I like this the most. It looks the most natural because it doesnt have any sparkle/shimmer. Note: If you live in Toronto, you can only find this at the MAC stores and not at the Bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by 0000000

really like this, great to get a bronzer with no shimmer. its like benefit's hoola but better and much cheaper. packaging is good, nice size, and mirror is a plus. its fairly dark but im really pale and can still wear it. just watch you dont drop it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by vogue92

I really like my Mac bronzing powder. I like the Mac bronzer because it's a matte so my face isn't all sparkly. It's a high quality powder and goes on super smooth and even with my Mac powder brush ( I LOVE IT!). I will only use mac bronzer now. Yet I'm still willing to try other products - I just haven't found anything to top this. There is totally a difference between the drugstore bronzers that cost 9 bucks and my Mac which is 20. The Bronze shade is pretty dark bc/ I'm a white girl so this only works for me during the summer months. This is one of my must have products.