October 25, 2014 | 1555 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by MsLips

Great Great bronzer!!! I love that it's matte and dark like I want! It's buildable, but it really gives a flawless skin tanned look..ugh i love it!! Also since I get an oily t-zone, this doesn't worsen it because it's matte!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by laurajade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I buy this again and again. My last one shattered so i thought i would try some other brands but once again i have come back to what is a staple in my bag.
Doesn't look orange or dirty. Wears relatively well. No shimmer (i hate shimmer in a bronzer) but not flat at all when applied. Buildable even coverage. The product lasts for ages. In comparison to other bronzer prices in Aust, it is fantastic value.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it looked super dark in the pan when i first opened it, but after using it for a couple weeks now, i'm in love!!! this is by far the best bronzer i've ever used. no orange at all, doesn't look unnatural. it's fool-proof, it's hard to put too much on cause it goes on sheer.

EDIT: After using this regularly for a year, I switched to sculpting powder, but ended up coming back to it. It just gives a really nice healthy glow. I love this bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A HG PRODUCT!

In the quest for bronzers I have tried many-clinique, lancome, Benefit, BB, Laura Mercier-great the first time but the 2nd resemled mud, good lasting power, NARS laguna-too much like my skin, Casino-too DARK and ds

and they either look like:

-I have mud on my face
-they look orange
-look they look WRONG for my NC42 skin tone/meant for fairer skins
-I look darker not sunkissed
-they are super sparkly

This is goofproof, blends easily and warms up my face beautifully. Initially I was terrified of matte because it makes me look awful, I like a non flat,natural sheen/finish.

Thanks to the lovely SA who swiped it on! I was in disbelief as it looks so dark in the pan but not on the face! Its hard to overdo which can be a problem with bronzers but not with this.

Nice texture, even application, easy to apply and imo finely milled.
I've had nothing but compliments and 'my you look well!'
What a fool I was to delay buying this-its like a wardrobe essential-once you get it you wonder why you didnt get it earlier. A definite HG and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like many many other stuff I hade no plan of buying this but I ended up at MAC and talking to the salesgirl and she asked if she could try it on me, and I'm so glad she did!
This is matte, and that I love. It is hard to find a bronzer that doesn't shine or glitter.
Also the color is perfect, not orange or dirty looking brown. If you look at it it is dark and I was OMG...I'm going to look dirty-dirty. But nope, goes on smooth and soft, not to dark very natural. Perfect to use as a shadow for you cheek...
Contains:ISOSTEARYL PALMITATE; SILICA; LAUROYL LYSINE; MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE; PHENOXYETHANOL [+/-MICA; TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891); IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499); BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163); CARMINE (CI 75470); CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289); CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288); FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510); MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742); ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007); BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090); YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140)]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by SlowRnB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm currently on my third compact of this stuff. What can I say? It's matte like I want, it doesn't turn orange and doesn't look dirty. It's brown based for it looks natural on my skin, and doesn't make my face look like a disco ball. It works so I haven't had to stray. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by drcute2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

perfect for every one need matte bronzer with enough color great product i love it ..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

This is one of the best bronzers I have used, in terms of colour and the matte sheer application. However, every time I used it my face started to itch, and I did not realise why until I twigged it must be this bronzer because it was the only new product I was using. I very rarely have an allergic reaction to cosmetics, so I'm very disappointed. I have a MAC foundation and have used their pressed powder in the past, so it's really unfortunate. Back it has to go and the search is on again...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bronzebabe19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After looking around for while, I am ready to declare MAC Matte Bronze my HG bronzer. I hate shimmery bronzers, so the matte bronze is perfect for me. It looks really dark in the pan, but applies the perfect slight glow. It's a brown terracotta color...no orange on my face! The compact lasts me a good 5 months and I use it nearly everyday! It has pretty good staying power...not all day or anything. If there is such a bronzer that stays all day please PM me and tell me because that would be heavenly! Overall, I will purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is matte - no shimmer, sparkles or glitter like the rest of MAC's bronzers. This was my very first bronzer and it's a nice starter. The compact was nice as it comes with a mirror. Application was easy as well. The shade may look intimidating in the pan, but if used with a light hand and a good face brush, you should be fine.

I've found better bronzers out there than this. MAC's bronzers just turned me slightly orange-y no matter what I tried. I've tried about two other shades other than Matte Bronze and I received just the same end results.