Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 2/2/2012 11:22:00 AM

This is the worst liquid eyeliner I've ever used. I usually use Maybelline's regual waterproof liquid eyeliner, which works way better than this. They were out of my usual liquid eyeliner at Walmart, so I saw this one & decided to try it. The brush is hard to work with & makes it harder to get a straight line. I noticed little cracks in the line I drew on my eyelids, which led to this eyeliner flaking off. This does have a very wet formula which takes longer than I'd like to dry. It smells like chemicals as well, which irritated my eyes & made my eyes burn. I threw this out the first day I used it. I do not reccommend this to anybody. Like I said before, Maybelline's regular waterproof liquid eyeliner works so much better than this one. I will never buy this again.

on 1/23/2012 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying I have the OILIEST skin on the face of this planet. As in - after 30 minutes of putting on makeup I already need an oil sheet..... So that being said, this is the ONLY eyeliner I can use that does nottttt come off. I have washed my face before forgetting I had makeup on and the eyeliner stays PUT. I don't get why other people are complaining about it flaking off, it's not going to magically flake off without doing some heavy rubbing or touching of the eyes. So, like other makeup, dont touch your eyes a lot and it will be great--llike ALLL makeup you realy shouldnt touch a lot throughout the day.. This is soooo long-lasting, even with my oily skin so that says a lot!! If you have oily skin i definately suggest you try this because it really does last!!

on 1/14/2012 12:45:00 PM

I've never been quite adapt at liquid eyeliner, but now that I'm in make up artistry school, decided I needed to get skilled with this product. It went on flawless, the first time. The product is exactly like using an eyeliner brush. It goes on smooth, and stays put. It goes on jet black. I am perfecting my winged eyeliner look quick, with this product. It's much easier than the gel pens. It is easy to apply, waterproof, and inexpensive. Sure a brand or 2 is a bit cheaper, but go with the Maybeline. I am very impressed. Also, it doesn't seem to bother my allergies, which is another plus.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ugh. I bought this thinking it would finally be the waterproof liquid eyeliner I've been dreaming of. The brush, first of all, is horrible! It takes forever to get a thick line because of the small brush. The eyeliner flakes and cracks about an hour after applied, and peels off in giant pieces. Not good at all. :/

on 1/3/2012 9:15:00 PM

I have to disagree completely with the review below. This eyeliner is the worst I've ever tried. It's difficult to apply (tiny flimsy brush, super wet formula that took forever to dry, burned my eyes) and it dried a weird shiny finish. What made it even worse is that after it dries, it flakes and PEELS off at the slightest contact! It didn't stay on for even half and hour and ended up as flakes under, and even in my eyes. Forget waterproof, this wasn't even blink-proof. I hate this liner so much and I would never repurchase this.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Probably the best liquid eyeliner I have ever tried. It goes on really smooth and once it dries its like a semi glossy finish.(i love matte eyeliners this is not OVERLY glossy, which i like) It does not crack on me but i dont touch my eyes often. I have crazy oily lids and it goes on SUPER black. I can go over it and it wont rub out like i have had other liners do. I have no problem with it flaking off. I wear it during rainy weather (i dont use umbrellas) and it stays perfect (as long as i dont rub my eye) it is easy to remove at the end of the day.you can just use water or you can peel it off even! its my GO TO liner and i have MAC's blacktrack. This one does NOT smudge. it almost dries like plastic on your eye. you cant feel you're wearing it. Ive fell asleep with this on and woken up with it still there and semi okay. It is a great liner. I discovered it 2 years ago and have gone through four tubes. Def. Repurchase

on 11/3/2011 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Total waste of money. I bought this in a pinch because I forgot my usual liner at home. It took numerous times to get a solid black line it kept going on super watery. And after it dried it flaked like crazy. This is the last time I'll buy anything from maybelline, everything I've bought from this brand has been crap.

on 10/8/2011 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never had problems with this flaking or peeling off. It's very consistent and I can make a thin line with just one swipe. I have tried other liquid eyeliners and I always find myself going back to this one. I have used it 3+ years and have never had any complaints.
I would love it if they had a dark brown liner that did not look bronze..I would likely favor that for a more natural, everyday look.

on 9/27/2011 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is weird! First of all, it is waterproof, yet very easy to remove with an oil based eye make-up remover. It is black but actually has a beautiful shine to it, not tacky; it is surprisingly very pretty. Also, like many reviewers have mentioned, if you don't bring the liner all the way to your inner tear duct, it should stay flawless throughout the day. The brush won't be any good to those who are beginners with liquid liners. However, if you have a lot of experience, or you are just naturally talented, you can create a beautiful sleek thin cat line ;)

on 9/21/2011 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't mean to buy this liner in waterproof but i still find its very easy to remove. I used this liner alot a few years ago but drifted to other products and i just decided to return to it. It has a small felt tip which i love, i really can get a smooth straight line and get to my inner corners because the tip is small. It stays out ALL day with no fading. I have been using more expensive liners but i really find no need when this works just as well or better. Not a bad thing to say about this product.