December 18, 2014 | 1356 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2004 12:26:00 PM More reviews by GinGinGin20

This product has definitely proved itself this summer. It provides the hold I'm looking for, and really helps prevent frizz - just what someone in a humid climate is looking for.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2004 1:18:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did absolutely nothing for me. It's so weak I still had to put my other hair product regimine on or else I was a frizzy uncontrollable mess. This is just weird since it gets so many rave reviews. This and Biosilk Silk Therapy do nothing but make my hair look worse :( Curly 2B-C

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2004 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cubanaqt

Hair type: 3b/3c curly, medium, dry. For my hair, I found the CC gel works best when used after the Botanical Boost. It left my hair soft (not crunchy at all!) and frizz-free even after a couple of days. This gel has a runny consistency and smells kind of like Pantene. I think for more humid days another styling product with more hold is needed. One of the best products from the Ouidad line. It is pretty expensive though, $58 US for a liter bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Fhorn

Finally, something to help my hair look good. I actually have short straight hair, but humidity makes it REALLY puffy. This makes my hair look alot better consistently. I might even make it through the summer now with far less bad hair days.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2004 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kawrenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like Climate Control. It gives good frizz control while keeping the hair very soft. My only complaint is that to get real curl definition you'll have to add a second product, but for most curlies 2+ products is the norm!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2004 9:46:00 AM More reviews by bellaeyes

I went to the OUIDAD NYC salon and got the whole haircut and product thing going. I have to admit I went on a humid and rainy day in Februay and came out of the salon while it was raining and my hair looked great. Now, its not only the product but the technique in which you use it. They took my hair in very small sections and defused it. It took forever. However, that technique plus the products worked. Now, when I tried to do that technique at home-It took way too long. Who has time for all that parting and sectioning in the am when you are trying to get ready to go to work. All that work and my hair didn't look the same. So I wouldn't say its the product. But how much you use and how you use it. Way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is Miracle Juice!!!
I have thick, damaged curly hair and this is the only product that has made a difference in the appearance of my tortured, frizzy curls WITHOUT leaving my hair stiff and untouchable. I love the way it forms my curls into big, loose, perfectly separated, glossy spirals. For the first time in 4 years I eschewed my typical "ponytail bun" (you know, where you sorta wind your hair up in the band so the ends make a sort of decorative tuft at the top:)... ) and actually wore my hair down. there wasn't a person in my office who didn't comment on how gorgeous my hair looked.
The texture of this product is not that of a typical gel. It's more in between a styling lotion and a gel. I like the fact that it is a bit more liquid- like than most gels because it feels as if you are getting the product distributed more evenly. Another great thing about this, as well as nearly all the Ouidad products I've used, is that it really doesn't take much to get the job done. My hair falls to the middle of my back and it only takes a bit more than a quarter sized amount. I am still working my way through the 2oz sample bottle I ordered a month ago!
I also appreciated that my order included a VERY thorough instruction booklet which, surprisingly enough, is actually full of good information (although I do think the idea of "feeding" one's hair a bit questionable...). My favorite tip was taking a dime size amount of this gel, rubbing it between your palms, and smoothing it over your hair right after you get out of the shower. It really does kick those annoying "baby hairs" right in the pants! I cannot recommend this product highly enough for those who are looking to tame their thick, curly, color-treated or dry tresses. FANTASTIC stuff!!!
EDIT 03/25/2013: Still using and still loving! The whole Climate Control range is wonderful!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Jake

This is my HG, I have stubborn naturally curly, bleached hair and this is the only product that I have been happy with. You don't need to use alot of it, it's not sticky, and keeps my curls shiny and in control. I will probly use this for life as nothing else compares.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kiera31

I was very disappointed with this. I've never spent so much on anything for my hair, but after all the great reviews here and in mags, I thought it must be good. This did next to nothing for my naturally curly, thick hair. In fact, it was frizzier than ever when I used this! On top of that, the flip top opened in the mail and leaked all over the other products (which I wasn't impressed w/ either). Good customer service, as they sent me a new travel size, but I sold the big bottle on e-bay. Will stick to my Finesse mousse and save lots of dough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 2:20:00 PM More reviews by curly_chi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have VERY naturally curly hair and I was a huge fan of Loreal Antifrizz which I used for about 12 years until they discontinued it. I had to find something fast!! I went to a salon and they recommended using Ouidad Tres F/X mixed with the Climate Control Gel and I am hooked!!! The only problem though is the price. It is very expensive to buy so I am sort of looking for any cheaper suggestions that would work just as well (or better!)