Ouidad Climate Control Gel

3.7

on 9/13/2004 10:08:00 AM

This is my HG hair product. I am never without it. It keeps the frizz completely out of my dry, color treated, naturally curly hair. It doesn't do much as for defining my curls, so I have to use additional products....but this is the BEST anti-frizz I've ever used.

on 9/3/2004 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have spiral curly thick hair, the only thing that seemed to work for me before was vidal sassoon mousse, which unfortunatley left my hair cruchy and would clump in areas when not applied thouroughly. OUIDAD CLIMATE CONTROL is amazing a quarter size works on my past the shoulder long hair. It leaves my hair defined and soft. yes it's a little pricier than drug store brands but a regular sized bottle lasts me about 6 months.

****Update. The hair board recommended Paul Mitchell Super Scupt styling glaze. It's a few bucks cheaper and readily found everywhere. It is almost identical and actually works a little better than the Ouidad. THANKS MUA!!

on 7/30/2004 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just tried this amazing product and am hooked. After my last fav product (infusium spray gel)was discontinued I was desperate to find something to control the frizz. The price is quite high here in Canada (and very hard to find) but worth the money.

on 7/22/2004 12:26:00 PM

This product has definitely proved itself this summer. It provides the hold I'm looking for, and really helps prevent frizz - just what someone in a humid climate is looking for.

on 7/10/2004 1:18:00 AM

This did absolutely nothing for me. It's so weak I still had to put my other hair product regimine on or else I was a frizzy uncontrollable mess. This is just weird since it gets so many rave reviews. This and Biosilk Silk Therapy do nothing but make my hair look worse :( Curly 2B-C

on 7/9/2004 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair type: 3b/3c curly, medium, dry. For my hair, I found the CC gel works best when used after the Botanical Boost. It left my hair soft (not crunchy at all!) and frizz-free even after a couple of days. This gel has a runny consistency and smells kind of like Pantene. I think for more humid days another styling product with more hold is needed. One of the best products from the Ouidad line. It is pretty expensive though, $58 US for a liter bottle.

on 6/10/2004 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally, something to help my hair look good. I actually have short straight hair, but humidity makes it REALLY puffy. This makes my hair look alot better consistently. I might even make it through the summer now with far less bad hair days.

on 4/28/2004 11:24:00 PM

I like Climate Control. It gives good frizz control while keeping the hair very soft. My only complaint is that to get real curl definition you'll have to add a second product, but for most curlies 2+ products is the norm!

on 4/14/2004 9:46:00 AM

I went to the OUIDAD NYC salon and got the whole haircut and product thing going. I have to admit I went on a humid and rainy day in Februay and came out of the salon while it was raining and my hair looked great. Now, its not only the product but the technique in which you use it. They took my hair in very small sections and defused it. It took forever. However, that technique plus the products worked. Now, when I tried to do that technique at home-It took way too long. Who has time for all that parting and sectioning in the am when you are trying to get ready to go to work. All that work and my hair didn't look the same. So I wouldn't say its the product. But how much you use and how you use it. Way too expensive.

on 4/3/2004 7:28:00 PM

This stuff is Miracle Juice!!!
I have thick, damaged curly hair and this is the only product that has made a difference in the appearance of my tortured, frizzy curls WITHOUT leaving my hair stiff and untouchable. I love the way it forms my curls into big, loose, perfectly separated, glossy spirals. For the first time in 4 years I eschewed my typical "ponytail bun" (you know, where you sorta wind your hair up in the band so the ends make a sort of decorative tuft at the top:)... ) and actually wore my hair down. there wasn't a person in my office who didn't comment on how gorgeous my hair looked.
The texture of this product is not that of a typical gel. It's more in between a styling lotion and a gel. I like the fact that it is a bit more liquid- like than most gels because it feels as if you are getting the product distributed more evenly. Another great thing about this, as well as nearly all the Ouidad products I've used, is that it really doesn't take much to get the job done. My hair falls to the middle of my back and it only takes a bit more than a quarter sized amount. I am still working my way through the 2oz sample bottle I ordered a month ago!
I also appreciated that my order included a VERY thorough instruction booklet which, surprisingly enough, is actually full of good information (although I do think the idea of "feeding" one's hair a bit questionable...). My favorite tip was taking a dime size amount of this gel, rubbing it between your palms, and smoothing it over your hair right after you get out of the shower. It really does kick those annoying "baby hairs" right in the pants! I cannot recommend this product highly enough for those who are looking to tame their thick, curly, color-treated or dry tresses. FANTASTIC stuff!!!
EDIT 03/25/2013: Still using and still loving! The whole Climate Control range is wonderful!
continued >>