Palmer's Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

3.4

Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (2.0%), Padimate O (3.0%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Vaccinium Myrtillus Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, BHA, BHT, TBHQ, Fragrance.

on 1/25/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have had acne scars for a while now..and tried all kinds of products to fade them..even when i wasn't breaking out..my face still looked bad because of the scars. we bought this for under 6.00 and i didn't have much hope..but i used it for about 1 wk-2wks and my face CLEARED UP! not only were the scars fading..but my face looks brighter, felt smoother and hardly ever broke out..if i stop using it for about a wk..i def. notice a negative change and have to get back to using it..its a bit thick and greasy, but thats a lot better than thin and drying and it goes away soon after applying.
i recently started getting acne of and on, on my shoulders and it was leaving really dark scarring..i started using it and in one wk its started fading and stopped breaking out
it works diff. on diff. people though because my mom and sister started using it the same time and didn't see much change..although they don't have acne scarring and my skin is the worst ot of all of us

on 1/7/2009 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Got this for BOGO half off from my local CVS at $6.49/each regular price. On drugstore.com the same product is listed as $4.49... Anyway. I have the "Regular" formula, it comes in a sturdy glass/ceramic container at 2.7 oz. I did not see anywhere on the label that said this product was for the face.... but I did gather from the comments below that many users were applying this on their face. I have been using it daily for a week now. I apply a layer all over my body after my nightly shower in hopes of evening out my skin. I suffered from horrible childhood eczema and now my skin is blotchy/discolored due to extreme hydro-cortisone use from back in the day.

I know it has only been a week, and the label says results should be visible after 6-8 weeks. This product is VERY difficult to apply, I have to rub it around vigorously. Also, I do not feel it is absorbed by my skin. Just a couple hours after application, I can see my dry skin scaling up (gross I know). Then when I shower the next night, the water turns my skin slimey, and I have to scrub the product off. Due to difficulty of spreading the cream around evenly, I have to use A LOT of product, I am already half way through my first container. Not sure if I will have the patience to continue this process for 6-8 weeks since now just my nightly moisturizing routine takes 10 minutes!

I'm still scared to put this on my face, will invest in something a little more expensive for the face if anything.

I am not really bothered by the scent of this cream... It does not smell like a fancy lotion, but it is not an offensive "Nair" smell either (at least not to me). One plus is that it does not seem to irritate my skin - due to my eczema or just plain sensitive skin, I can only comfortably use Aveeno or Eucerna fragrance-free formulas.

Many people mentioned the horrible unsanitary packaging, but I can deal with the jar design since it is just myself that will be using this. And also at the rate I have been going through my first jar, I don't think it will last long enough to get contaminated! Do tighten the lid tightly each time, since the active ingredients will turn brown if exposed to oxygen excessively (packaging did not mention if this affected the effectiveness of ingredients).

I would repurchase this product if I see improvement in my skin tone, or no negative side effects. There are plenty of glowing reviews here, and I am sure this product works if used as directed.

on 12/20/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I tries this about a year ago and hated it. Then I found out I was pregnant, so I stopped using b/c of the hydroquinone...just to be safe. Now I'm not prego and not nursing and YAY I have spots! So I opened the jar to try again. First of all, this stuff is thick, like wall paper paste. So I took a clean popsicle stick and stirred it up real good to get it going. Then I took out a small spoonful and added a spoonful of my St. Ives collagen elastic facial moisturizer and stirred it up. Ooooh, so much better. I've been using it for 3 weeks now and I can my whole face is lighter. That's not what I was going for, but now when I use mmakeup, I can't see the spots. I'll update in a few more weeks. Right now, I think I'll repurchase when I run out.

on 11/21/2008 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i used this product to get rid of melasma on my top lip (hooray pregnancy). As the product label indicates, it took a full 6 weeks before I saw ANY difference. Although I still have some dark patches, Palmer's lightened them so that I can cover them with a good concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product! I try to apply the cream 2x a day and am happy to say I saw visible results within the first week. I have acne marks around my mouth and a big one on my cheek. This creme has faded all of them significantly most of the marks are hardly visible now. Yay!
I was initially skeptical about this because it contains isopropyl mystrate (which is known to be block pores) and I have oily skin. However I have not broken out yet from using this.
The cream itself it quite thick and spreads on nicely and does not feel sticky or heavy. The only cons I can think of is the funky smell and the jar packaging. Overall, I would highly recommend this. Considering the low price, you have nothing to lose! I would definitely purchase again.

on 10/2/2008 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

after reading the great reviews on this, i decided to try it. i went to cvs and bought the regular formula (thats all they had) for about $9...i loved the smell!!!the packaging could be better because you have to dip your fingers in the jar to apply it...or you can use a brush...anyways....i really wanted to love it....but it caused me to break out!!crazy..i know its only this because on every spot i put it i broke out...but we all have different skin types...so it may work for you, but it didnt work for me!i guess im back to square one!!

on 8/2/2008 2:21:00 PM

It does take time, but it is worth it! I started getting some blotchy spots on my face with the onset of menopause. I tried a more expensive Kiehl's skin brighteneing lotion that did absolutely nothing. I tried this and after about 12 weeks, all the sopts are gone and my skin has never looked better!

on 7/11/2008 5:54:00 AM

This product does work if you stick with it for at least six-eight weeks. It's cheap enough but I would rather spend a little extra money and have more hygenic packaging. The cream lasts for ages and when you're dipping your hand in there everyday it can't be good. My other issue with this product was the fact it has sunblock in it-I like wearing sunblock but I would rather wear my own then have it shoved into a product that is otherwise good.

on 7/3/2008 9:47:00 PM

the smell was too much for me too bare. it smells kind of like rotten eggs, plus it irritated my skin like crazy. I will definantly be returning this.

on 4/27/2008 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've been using this product to treat dark bruise-like blotches that cover my lower legs (erythema nodosum). I'm happy to report that I detected results after only a week of religiously applying the product in the morning and at night before bed. The product has a nice light consistency; the lotion spreads easily and absorbs quickly. It smells rather clinical (though I could care less about scent). Two things might concern some users: Hydroquinone is not selective. The entire area of skin will be lightened, not just the dark spots. Also must mention that there are many who believe that Hydroquinone is carcinogenic.

***SPECIAL NOTE***
My review was mistakenly placed under the section for a different, but similar product. Please note that there is a big difference between Palmers Skin Success Fade CREAM and Palmers Skin Success Fade LOTION, which is the product I described in my review.

Palmers Fade Cream is HEAVY. I've tried it many times and it doesn't spread nor absorb very easily. Palmers Fade Lotion, on the other hand, is the total opposite. It's great for large areas of the body, like legs, arms or chest. It provides a small amout of moisture and is absorbed pretty quickly. I wouldn't, however, use it on my face.

Whatever your race, if you're looking for a fade product to use on your face, I'd not use any Palmers product. I highly recommend using one of the original Ambi formulas. (The old school kind, that comes in a tube.) There is also a product that I've only seen in Asian-owned beauty supply stores (All my sistas know what I'm talking about!) called Fair and White. Don't let the self-loathing ring of this product's name fool you. The gel formula can be applied with a q-tip to zero right in on facial dark spots.

Popular Treatments (Face)