November 26, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I received this as a gift. I hate to yell at you guys but SOFT BROWN CHANGED MY FREAKING LIFE. This color is so VERSATILE, I find myself reaching for it in almost EVERY look I do. It's a FABULOUS crease color, and it really looks amazing with any look. It's great in a pinup-girl look with Stilife paint on the lid. It's great with Tempting for a smokey bronze/gold look. It's just great with anything--it's all about experimenting with it. For a matte, the color payoff is wonderful and the color is super blendable. Love my Soft Brown :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Soft Brown is often overlooked because it's brown, and well... it can appear boring. Most people cannot figure out what to do with it, or they think they can find it anywhere for cheaper. You can't.... I've come across every brown known to man, and it still manage's to be "the one" I reach for every time. Some may know it can be used to blend out a smokey eye, or simply define the crease for that ultra natural day look. I would also use this paired with bright lips. It just adds that touch of definition you need. So some may say it's basic, but it has it's purpose. That's why it's permanent. ;)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear this color EVERYDAY as a blending color in my crease! One of the best colors MAC makes and I feel that it doesnt get enough attention. The day I went into the MAC store to purchase it the MA was trying to UNSELL me the color! I wanted a matte color that would be good to blend out harsh lines and she was trying to sell me texture which has a totally different finish! I have worn this for months now and have gotten more compliments with people saying how professional my eye looks are than ever! Definately HG blending color!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I use this eye shadow all the time. It is a great matte brown with a hint of red and I usually wear it with blanc type as a hilight and It in the crease, then bisque or something on the lid. Perfect color :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by carolcn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my most used eye shadow. I wear it almost every day. It is a perfect for a day look by itself just to give my eyes some oomph, or if I have time I can pair it with a highlight shade to change things up a little. My favorite is this as an all over wash, naked lunch as a highlight, and texture in the crease. I've gotten soooo many compliments on this look it's not even funny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I, like many others, love this eyeshadow to blend out crease colors and have a more natural looking transition into my highlight color. I also like it occasionally as a wash on the lid. In the pan it doesn't look like anything special but he texture is very nice and it's well pigmented. This is a really great color to have in any collection and I will repurchase (if I ever run out).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also bought this as a part of my 4 piece custom palette, along with Embark, Saddle and Typographic. I really like it on my NW 45 skin. It gives my lids a really nice light without being ashy or chalky. I sometimes use Typographic in the crease along with a dark brown liner - Sue Devitt's Eye Intensifier in Kenya. Love this color!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by graceleeroy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color! Its great for any look and a nice transition color and its not too light or too dark. Great for an everday use and would most likely buy this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by yzzilizzy

My HG eyeshadow, hands down. The only one I've ever hit pan on! I'm sure I will be repurchasing this eyeshadow until I no longer wear makeup. Absolutely fabulous warm light to medium brown eyeshadow. The matte texture is beautiful in the crease using the 224 brush. Absolutely effortless. If I'm in a rush and want to look put together, I pop a shadestick all over my lid, soft brown in the crease, and some liquid liner on and I'm pulled together and ready to go in like a minute and a half! Not sure how well this color would work on darker skin tones, but it would probably still add some warmth and matte texture. I also use this in my brows when I want a bit more definition than I get with a brow pencil. It's a fab shade for people with red brows who can never find a pencil that's warm enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by nikkip25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is simply amazing! Idk how I was never talked into getting this es. Since having this about 2 months ago, I use it everyday in my crease! Whatever color I have in my crease...Soba, Cork, Bronze, Contrast, I always stick a light wash of this above. It just warms up the whole eye area.

It goes with neutrals, pinks, blues, purples...whatever! I even did a smokey eye look with Electra all over the lid and this in the crease. Amazing!

This is truly a HG!