July 25, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Cleansing Pillows

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2003 5:14:00 AM More reviews by SarahKi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Before using it, my skin had dry patches, very uneven, and was breaking out. However, miraculously when I started using it, it countered all my bad skin woes! Now my skin is soft, pimple free and absolutely glows. I dont know if I would buy it again bc a box of it is one month's supply. it costs about 8 dollars.

UPDATE After the initial use I dont see any effects on my skin, so I wouldnt buy it again~ boohoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2003 9:03:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This feels great when you're using it. I really felt like I was exfoliating my face and brightening my complexion. Too bad it ended up totaly clogging my pores and caused my skin to breakout. Yuck! It took a few days after I stopped using them for my skin to return to normal. I ended up tossing them and going back to my regular skincar routine. Huge let down. I would not purchase these again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by jaka13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like these! I bought them on sale, but I generally only use them at night, so even though they are a bit expensive, they last me a while.

The negatives: There is a lot of cleansing powder, so it takes a time or two of practice to not get them so full of water that they bust open with pressure. Price. The box is nice, but awfully big given how small the pillows are.

The things I like the most: the fragrance (to each their own), the two textures on the pillow, the way my skin feels post-wash, being able to see how much 'dirt/makeup' I'm getting off my face.
I find them less messy than the cloths and really like having a smooth side to wash with, and a 'scrub-ier' side to use on certain areas. I'd definitely consider buying them again... but I'm not willing to elevate to HG status!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2003 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Aiko_Aiko

I really like these! I'm on a medication that can cause very dry, sensitive and flaky skin, and needed something to replace my PC cleanser and PTR buffing beads, which were no longer working for me. Believe it or not, these turned out to be a great help! The pillows themselves are quite large and contain huge amounts of cleansing powder, so they always produce way more lather than I could possibly need. I'd taken to carefully cutting these in half to use them in the morning, so as not to waste them. (Fold them first, and cut with the fold facing upwards, if you'd like to try it. And be sure to store them upright in the container!) I still do this occasionally, but I've found I prefer to use the entire pillow if I have makeup to remove. The softer side is great at taking off the last traces of my mascara and eyeshadow, while the rough side is just what the rest of my face needs for exfoliation. The cleanser does sting my eyes, but it has not been irritating to my skin at all. After just a few days of regular use my face was much smoother, less flaky, and softer. And the results only seemed to get better with time. I'm on my second box of these, and at this rate, I think I'll be purchasing again. They aren't exactly cheap (a box of 28 runs for about $12 CDN, and they can go pretty quickly if you wash twice a day) but they do their job, and do it well. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2003 3:35:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

thank goodness i didn't spend money on this (got it in a swap). these are far too fragranced and have far too much product inside! i ended up using them in the shower to wash my entire body, and there was still soap left when i threw it out! what a wasteful product!

also, way too small to be handy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2003 1:57:00 PM More reviews by bostonchick83

I use a lot of Dove products from soap down to shampoo. I've never had a problem until it tried these pillows. They really irritated my skin, and gave me a rash. I will definitly be going back to my dove essential nutrients cleanser for sensitive skin. I will not try this product again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2003 5:43:00 AM More reviews by gummybug

I use this as an exfoliator. The rough side is perfect for *lightly* buffing away the rough spots 3-4 times a month but it'll mess up your skin in the long run if you use it daily.

It stings the eyes a bit and smells/tastes like soap. Not a fabulous cleanser, but pretty good for exfoliating. I'd get it again but since I only use up a few a month one pack will last me a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2003 4:46:00 PM More reviews by electric_mom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, having always been a cleanser snob, I was reluctant to try these 'drugstore' brand cleansers. WOW! I wish I hadn't waited so long. Since I've been using them (2 weeks) I've had lots of complements on how great my skin looks (this is the only thing I've changed in my routine). I'm guessing it's a combo of the green tea and the scrubby side of the pillow. My skin is normal-oily with flaky cheeks in cooler weather. My only reason for marking them down was that out of the fist 14 pillows, I had 3 split at the seam. I was careful when activating them after reading some earlier reviews, but it still happened. This will definitely become one of my cleansing staples.
**UPDATE** I bought my refills today and noticed that Dove has changed the seams so that they are much less likely to split...YEA!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2003 7:17:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not quite right for me. I want a little more exfoliation than these offer, I don't like using them anywhere near my eyes, even with the smooth side, and I prefer a little more fresh feeling for a facial cleanser e.g., Noxema Daily Exfoliating Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2003 2:44:00 PM More reviews by KSAP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a total product…especially skin care…junkie! Over the years, I have spent thousands of dollars on high-end department store and specialty items (cleansers, treatments, moisturizers and crazy potions with big promises and price tags). On a whim, I bought this while at the grocery store...the price was right, even if I ended up not caring that much for the product. When I first wrote this review I was crazy about this product. I have since come to have mixed feelings about it. For the price I'd say it's worth checking out; however, it can be a bit harsh...IMHO.