Avon Sweet Honesty

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

I love this perfume and get many compliments on it by guys! I keep trying to go with a different perfume (drawn by the bottles and advertising of other perfumes) yet they don't wear as well on my as Sweet Honesty does and I end up going back to Avon. This stuff is cheap compared to others and I love the classic, light smell!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I liked this when I was about 11 because it smelled a lot like my fave toy, the "Fresh 'N' Fancy" makeup set where you mixed your own perfume from various vials of ultracheap scent. Now it just smells like deodorant Tampax. I dislike Avon scents in general because they are so chemically.

I received a collector's bottle of this in a swap and it's so sweet! A glass toadstool with a gold frog for the topper. I love just having it around ;). As for the fragrance, it is very nice and simple. Kind of soapy, and good for daytime for me. I keep smelling my wrist when I'm wearing it. I know it's a fragrance that has been around for a long time, but the first time I tried it was this summer, and it is a very comforting scent to me. My boyfriend likes it too ;).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Flashback - Christmas 1975 - I have on my brand new toe socks with my platform sandals and wearing Sweet Honesty. That's what I thought when I took a whiff of Sweet Honesty some 28 years later. It really is a sweet and honest fragrance - perfect for a 15 year old girl, but not for a 42 year old woman. Brought back some wonderful memories of my first love.

My mother used to be an Avon rep when I was a wee one, so there were always extra perfume samples I was allowed to have. My favorite was Sweet Honesty. S.H. also seemed to be the oldest samples my mother had -- small vials as opposed to the other kind of sample Avon was using for current scents at the time. I used all the samples I was given and never ended up getting an actual bottle of the stuff (I'm not sure if they were even making it at this time -- mid/late '80s). Fast-forward to my freshman year of high school...I found a large bottle of Sweet Honesty at a flea market, gave it a whiff, and noticed it was quite different. I bought it anyway hoping for a nice drydown warmth, but it just wasn't the same. :( Now it has that same strong synthetic weirdness most Avon scents seem to have, whereas it was much more earthy and warm before. It warms up a little with time, but the initial "bug-spray phase" usually bothers me too much for it to be worth wearing anymore. I'd give the old one a 5. It was very earthily girly for flower-child moods. But the new one just doesn't make it.

This was my first perfume. It came in a glass lamb bottle. Cute. Very powdery, soft and feminine. A good "starter" perfume.

This I've had for a long time. I have it in a solid stick form and a roll on . I think this is a nice powdery scent good for those new to fragrances and is a nice scent all around.

I just ordered the Sweet Honesty roll-on deodrant for .99 cents. I wore it for the first time on this June morning. I must say I'm very impressed. I absolutey love the smell. It's really sweet, and a lot like baby powder.

I've never been big on perfume, but plan on making this my signature scent. I'm almost 26 and wearing this fragrance makes me feel like a delicate flower.

If you're looking for a scent that's ultra feminine try out this fragrance. The effect of Sweet Honesty will work regardless... So don't be afraid to wear this scent if you're a mature woman. It'll only bring out the "hero" qualities in the man in you love/are looking for. Now isn't that a sweet thought?

5 lipsticks for sure

I am wearing this now. I think its really light and clean, it smells like you put on baby powder rather than a perfume (and I like that.) I dont think it is very strong, and it doesnt have much staying powder so I use the ragrance solid during to day to refresh.

In 1976, a blind man on a bus in NYC told me I smelled like a "young girl". Was wearing Sweet Honesty.

Popular Fragrances