Avon Sweet Honesty

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/26/2004 12:29:00 PM

I received a collector's bottle of this in a swap and it's so sweet! A glass toadstool with a gold frog for the topper. I love just having it around ;). As for the fragrance, it is very nice and simple. Kind of soapy, and good for daytime for me. I keep smelling my wrist when I'm wearing it. I know it's a fragrance that has been around for a long time, but the first time I tried it was this summer, and it is a very comforting scent to me. My boyfriend likes it too ;).

on 8/20/2004 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Flashback - Christmas 1975 - I have on my brand new toe socks with my platform sandals and wearing Sweet Honesty. That's what I thought when I took a whiff of Sweet Honesty some 28 years later. It really is a sweet and honest fragrance - perfect for a 15 year old girl, but not for a 42 year old woman. Brought back some wonderful memories of my first love.

on 8/8/2004 3:49:00 AM

My mother used to be an Avon rep when I was a wee one, so there were always extra perfume samples I was allowed to have. My favorite was Sweet Honesty. S.H. also seemed to be the oldest samples my mother had -- small vials as opposed to the other kind of sample Avon was using for current scents at the time. I used all the samples I was given and never ended up getting an actual bottle of the stuff (I'm not sure if they were even making it at this time -- mid/late '80s). Fast-forward to my freshman year of high school...I found a large bottle of Sweet Honesty at a flea market, gave it a whiff, and noticed it was quite different. I bought it anyway hoping for a nice drydown warmth, but it just wasn't the same. :( Now it has that same strong synthetic weirdness most Avon scents seem to have, whereas it was much more earthy and warm before. It warms up a little with time, but the initial "bug-spray phase" usually bothers me too much for it to be worth wearing anymore. I'd give the old one a 5. It was very earthily girly for flower-child moods. But the new one just doesn't make it.

on 8/6/2004 7:08:00 PM

This was my first perfume. It came in a glass lamb bottle. Cute. Very powdery, soft and feminine. A good "starter" perfume.

on 7/26/2004 2:36:00 PM

This I've had for a long time. I have it in a solid stick form and a roll on . I think this is a nice powdery scent good for those new to fragrances and is a nice scent all around.

I just ordered the Sweet Honesty roll-on deodrant for .99 cents. I wore it for the first time on this June morning. I must say I'm very impressed. I absolutey love the smell. It's really sweet, and a lot like baby powder.

I've never been big on perfume, but plan on making this my signature scent. I'm almost 26 and wearing this fragrance makes me feel like a delicate flower.

If you're looking for a scent that's ultra feminine try out this fragrance. The effect of Sweet Honesty will work regardless... So don't be afraid to wear this scent if you're a mature woman. It'll only bring out the "hero" qualities in the man in you love/are looking for. Now isn't that a sweet thought?

5 lipsticks for sure

on 6/12/2004 1:12:00 PM

I am wearing this now. I think its really light and clean, it smells like you put on baby powder rather than a perfume (and I like that.) I dont think it is very strong, and it doesnt have much staying powder so I use the ragrance solid during to day to refresh.

on 5/27/2004 8:07:00 AM

In 1976, a blind man on a bus in NYC told me I smelled like a "young girl". Was wearing Sweet Honesty.

on 5/26/2004 8:06:00 PM

I gotta give Sweet Honesty props just for enduring this long, since waaay back in the 70's when I was but a very young, fragrance-impressionable girl. The formulation has definitely changed. The new scent is less sweet and cloying, and has more of a clean, soapy afternote to it. It also does not seem to be as potent as it was before. Yes, it's still sweet and powdery, ala Windsong, and yes, somewhat evokative of a teenager or preteen. From an olfactory perspective, it's totally retro (conjuring up all those "Love Is ..." notebooks I had in grade school). But I still like wearing this just for old time's sake. The beauty of it is, most people only vaguely recognize the smell of Sweet Honesty and are surprised when I tell them what it is. Just find me some Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, and I'm good to go!

on 5/22/2004 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Soft and sweet, very nice.

Popular Fragrances