July 23, 2014 | 1303 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Sweet Honesty

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2004 3:49:00 AM More reviews by elerinine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mother used to be an Avon rep when I was a wee one, so there were always extra perfume samples I was allowed to have. My favorite was Sweet Honesty. S.H. also seemed to be the oldest samples my mother had -- small vials as opposed to the other kind of sample Avon was using for current scents at the time. I used all the samples I was given and never ended up getting an actual bottle of the stuff (I'm not sure if they were even making it at this time -- mid/late '80s). Fast-forward to my freshman year of high school...I found a large bottle of Sweet Honesty at a flea market, gave it a whiff, and noticed it was quite different. I bought it anyway hoping for a nice drydown warmth, but it just wasn't the same. :( Now it has that same strong synthetic weirdness most Avon scents seem to have, whereas it was much more earthy and warm before. It warms up a little with time, but the initial "bug-spray phase" usually bothers me too much for it to be worth wearing anymore. I'd give the old one a 5. It was very earthily girly for flower-child moods. But the new one just doesn't make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by missylu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first perfume. It came in a glass lamb bottle. Cute. Very powdery, soft and feminine. A good "starter" perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2004 2:36:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

This I've had for a long time. I have it in a solid stick form and a roll on . I think this is a nice powdery scent good for those new to fragrances and is a nice scent all around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2004 8:15:00 PM More reviews by torontoprincess

I just ordered the Sweet Honesty roll-on deodrant for .99 cents. I wore it for the first time on this June morning. I must say I'm very impressed. I absolutey love the smell. It's really sweet, and a lot like baby powder.

I've never been big on perfume, but plan on making this my signature scent. I'm almost 26 and wearing this fragrance makes me feel like a delicate flower.

If you're looking for a scent that's ultra feminine try out this fragrance. The effect of Sweet Honesty will work regardless... So don't be afraid to wear this scent if you're a mature woman. It'll only bring out the "hero" qualities in the man in you love/are looking for. Now isn't that a sweet thought?

5 lipsticks for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2004 1:12:00 PM More reviews by elle_belles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am wearing this now. I think its really light and clean, it smells like you put on baby powder rather than a perfume (and I like that.) I dont think it is very strong, and it doesnt have much staying powder so I use the ragrance solid during to day to refresh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Chrisskins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In 1976, a blind man on a bus in NYC told me I smelled like a "young girl". Was wearing Sweet Honesty.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MelissaM

I gotta give Sweet Honesty props just for enduring this long, since waaay back in the 70's when I was but a very young, fragrance-impressionable girl. The formulation has definitely changed. The new scent is less sweet and cloying, and has more of a clean, soapy afternote to it. It also does not seem to be as potent as it was before. Yes, it's still sweet and powdery, ala Windsong, and yes, somewhat evokative of a teenager or preteen. From an olfactory perspective, it's totally retro (conjuring up all those "Love Is ..." notebooks I had in grade school). But I still like wearing this just for old time's sake. The beauty of it is, most people only vaguely recognize the smell of Sweet Honesty and are surprised when I tell them what it is. Just find me some Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, and I'm good to go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kiely98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Soft and sweet, very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

when I was younger I wore this. But not anymore. Its good for a preteen girl.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2004 7:58:00 AM More reviews by OhIamsooopretty

I used to wear it maaaaaaaaany years ago ;-)
I now think it's quite common and flat smelling, very girlish and looks so old to me.