November 27, 2014 | 1548 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Espresso

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this and bronze together, wasn't smart, they're the same color, except bronze is a shimmer. I like bronze better, but if you a matte person, this one is for you. It's a great crease color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by sammiesp93

I love this color! It's my favorite brown color from MAC, I use it for the crease alot though. It's great for smoky eyes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by careypiper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my second MAC e/s and I just wasn't impressed. I purchased this in the refill pan it's a neutral black/brown in a matte finish, not a muted golden brown like MAC description.

I've read review where they've mentioned that the top layer had to be scraped off before they were happy with it. For me it should work just as I purchase it and this just didn't work. Chalky, not blend-able and to dark (harsh) for a natural look.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Espresso is one of my favorite eyeshadows from MAC! I like pairing this with Honey Lust & Brule for a great everyday neutral eye. Espresso is highly pigmented & blends well with other shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

Ohhh I love espresso !!

I've got NC20 skin, and dark brown hair and eyes. I started out using this as a brow colour and now I mostly use it as a liner and crease colour.

I LOVE using MAC's Brow Pencil in "Lingering," but it would really just runs out too quickly. This is a perfect alternative for me. It is a bit darker so I don't need as much product. I use a 266 angle brush for brows :) I naturally have sparse brows... to give you an idea that I need to use more than the average person!

What I love about it is that it does not leave my brows looking ashy or red-toned. It compliments my skin tone and dark hair, and is easily buildable as well. I now use Charcoal Brown which is a touch lighter and I prefer it for a more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great eyeshadow color for girls with darker hair, also a great crease color blends great. Would def repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on a whim not knowing I already had 3 colors that were very similar to this. I returned it the next day. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MadHattress

I have two all time favorite brown eyeshadows from MAC. One is Espresso (cool medium true brown) and the other is Corduroy (warm medium brown). Enough said ! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i use this to fill in my eye brows and it's perfect. i'm excited to try this in my crease or outer v paired with mac all that glitters or woodwinked.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is a matte dark taupe brown with no hint of red in it, which makes it usable for eye brow color too. I am blond and depending my shadows, I use this or coquette on my brows. I do not find this quite Espresso dark in my opinion it is just a basic brown and I do not find it easy to blend either but it is a good basic.