MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 5/28/2010 12:58:00 PM

Perfect brown with...... no red or orange undertones.

A lot of browns tend to look a little black, when they do not have any red or orange tones in them.

But.......not this one! Yay

It really is a true cool brown! Perfect!

Perfect for the crease.

Perfect for my eye brows! It gives a natural brown look.

H.G. Status!!!! For sure! Yay!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This looks great on my NC40 skintone. I love to place this in my crease or on the lid. It blends easily and has good staying power. If I ever was out of brow powder-this can be used for it. I use Espresso in almost all of my eye looks. I love this color and will repurchase it in the future.

on 5/3/2010 12:44:00 PM

Wonderful crease colour! really nice deep brown! it's a matte and really pigmented!
Great for creating a neutral smokey eye!

on 4/21/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this and bronze together, wasn't smart, they're the same color, except bronze is a shimmer. I like bronze better, but if you a matte person, this one is for you. It's a great crease color.

on 4/20/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! It's my favorite brown color from MAC, I use it for the crease alot though. It's great for smoky eyes

on 4/13/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my second MAC e/s and I just wasn't impressed. I purchased this in the refill pan it's a neutral black/brown in a matte finish, not a muted golden brown like MAC description.

I've read review where they've mentioned that the top layer had to be scraped off before they were happy with it. For me it should work just as I purchase it and this just didn't work. Chalky, not blend-able and to dark (harsh) for a natural look.

For reference I'm a NW/NC 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone

on 4/7/2010 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Espresso is one of my favorite eyeshadows from MAC! I like pairing this with Honey Lust & Brule for a great everyday neutral eye. Espresso is highly pigmented & blends well with other shadows.

Ohhh I love espresso !!

I've got NC20 skin, and dark brown hair and eyes. I started out using this as a brow colour and now I mostly use it as a liner and crease colour.

I LOVE using MAC's Brow Pencil in "Lingering," but it would really just runs out too quickly. This is a perfect alternative for me. It is a bit darker so I don't need as much product. I use a 266 angle brush for brows :) I naturally have sparse brows... to give you an idea that I need to use more than the average person!

What I love about it is that it does not leave my brows looking ashy or red-toned. It compliments my skin tone and dark hair, and is easily buildable as well. I now use Charcoal Brown which is a touch lighter and I prefer it for a more natural look.

on 3/22/2010 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a great eyeshadow color for girls with darker hair, also a great crease color blends great. Would def repurchase.

on 3/16/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this on a whim not knowing I already had 3 colors that were very similar to this. I returned it the next day. :(

Top Rated MAC Products