Desert Essence Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Glycine soja (soybean) oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, ozokerite, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), ginkgo biloba leaf extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, tocopherol, propyl gallate, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil.

on 7/12/2003 12:28:00 PM

after using a lot of lip balms with petroleum, i just had to try something new. luckily, i saw the review for this one..off i went to my health store and they had it. it was 2.99 and the good thing is it contains natural ingredients. leaves my lips shiny and soft and has a hint of grapefruit. smells and tastes really yummy. im already on my 2nd tube..i think ive found my HG lip balm!!!!

on 5/26/2003 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great lip balm/stick if you want something to make your lips VERY soft and smooth with a little slight glossiness. The only thing I don't like is the flavor, which seems a little orangy, but you can blot it after you apply it and the taste is gone and the softness remains.

on 5/6/2003 3:02:00 PM

Super product! So silky and shiny. Natural ingredients: soybean oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, shea butter, ginko rosemary, vitamin e, and essential oil of mint. A lovely grapefruity-citrus smell. Very inexpensive. A definite staple of mine for over & under lipsticks, and at night as a moisturizer.

on 3/17/2003 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried TONS of lip balms (probably between 25 and 30) and this, hands down, is the best! Why is it the best, you ask? Let me tell you. :-) It is in a sanitary, easily totable tube (rather than a pot that you have to stick your grimy paws in). It goes on smooth & creamy, yet it is not sticky or gooey at all. It is very soft and silky. It does not have an offensive taste or smell. It is great to wear under lipstick or lipgloss. It is not tested on animals, nor is it filled with funky chemicals. It has all-natural ingredients. And the last reason it is the best lip balm is because it is CHEAP! I think I paid $2.50 for this at my local health food store. That is marginally more than chapstick and you get a product that is 100 times better.

on 1/2/2003 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a wonderul product. I bought it today and have it on my lips now, it smells good and has no taste and is so smooth and moisturizing. I've been looking for product like this for a long time. Its cheap and good quality, sold in natural food stores mostly (i think). Beats Lancome Vinefit tube (which is higher in price) and chapstick which feels really greasy and artificial.

on 10/29/2002 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the best lipbalm I've ever used. It makes lips really soft and hydrated and doesn't contain any nasty petrochemicals. And it's so cheap. It's only 1.85 in the UK and can be found in most good health food shops.

on 4/25/2002 7:52:00 PM

I love this lip balm. It sort of melts into your lips and feels great. Great smell, looks good. Definitely will buy it again.

on 6/21/2001 1:37:00 AM

This stuff is a wonder in a tube! This is no ordinary lip balm. It goes on like silk, completely replenishes your lips, all natural and smells yummy to boot! In my opinion, it even seems to make your lips look a bit fuller. I wear this under all my lipsticks and over some of them as well. It just really feels good on and takes care of my lips! I feel like I can wear this on the no makeup days and I'm good to go!

Popular Lip Treatments