MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

on 4/7/2010 10:58:00 PM

I am very impressed with this product. If I buff it into my face, it lasts a lot longer than if I simply apply it with a powder brush.
I have oily combination skin and generally it is shiny within a few hours (as in, 3 or 4 to be honest) after washing, regardless of whether I wear makeup or not.
However, I feel like this powder really minimises it and should be very transparent as long as you have the right colour match.
I will keep re-purchasing this, unless I find something better which I so far have not!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I must say I love this pressed blot powder. I've been using this for about a year and I think it's the best Mac purchase I've made. I have a super oily T-zone so I have to freshen up my face during the day so I don't look like I have a bucket of oil on my face. I previously tried Urban Decay's De-slick mattifying powder which is a white powder in the compact and is $29! It turned my face white and you didn't look natural. It doesn't compare to this blot powder and is cheaper($22)! This has become a staple in my makeup bag, so oily girls out there I highly recommend this to you, makes you look re-freshened and of course takes all the oilys out of your face.

on 3/23/2010 1:43:00 PM

I get oily pretty fast so I decided to give this a try. It works really well to tone down the oil on my face but if I'm out for the whole day, I still need to use my blotting tissues because this just feels like its building up on my face. Overall, its a great product that I always have with me.

on 3/23/2010 1:35:00 PM

UPDATE: I've been using this product every day for awhile now, and I think it's time to update my review. This product is a disappointment to me. I feel that the color is a little light for my complexion, even though I am a light/medium skin tone. Also, the oil starts on my forehead within 2 hours of applying this product. I still think that this product makes my skin appear dry. I will not repurchase.

ORIGINAL RATING: I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now. I have T zone oiliness, and this seems to help. $22.00 at the MAC store. I think this will last a very long time, because it is finely milled. I am using a Sephora brush with it. The only drawback: It seems to look very dry on my skin. I don't know if anyone else notices it, but I do. I said that I would repurchase, but now I'm not too sure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NC25/C3, I have used this in Light, Medium, Medium-Dark.
I think color wise, Medium-Dark suits me the most, but its virtually translucent.
I have super oily skin and I have to say this is my staple. It isn't my HG or anything, but it is staple that I have to have everyday. I've used loose blot in Light, Pressed Blots in Light, Medium, and Medium/Dark, but seriously all of them are just transparent on my NC25/C3, EDM Winged Butter/Butter Tan skintone. I will be ordering 4 more Medium Blot tomoro for FF sale :) I use blot powder w/ MAC leatherette puff (the one that comes with MAC Sheer pressed powder, but you can buy it separately $6.00 for pack of 2. MAC site say it's non-washable, but it is and it last for whole pressed blot until you see the pan)
I like to use blot powder instead of using blotting paper, just gives powdery-matte look without actually feeling dry. If you prefer non-powdery, dewy look, this powder isn't for you.

I ordered 2 light and 2 medium color for FF. Even though it appears translucent on me, why not have 2 options when I wear it :D

on 3/12/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Matches my NC 42 skin tone perfectly. I use a 182 buffer brush to buff this mainly on my nose and chin since they get pretty oily especially during night outs. I find this works very well for my skin and I don't need to use blotting paper at all when using this. However, I tend to avoid using this unless there are lots of pictures going to be taken since I feel this clogs my pores. I always make sure to cleanse my skin well after wearing this just in case! I would not repurchase as I use only very little product and will not run out for a while.

on 3/6/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great powder that stays true to my color and doesn't make me look pale or too dark or cakey. I apply this with a large brush rather than the little pad it comes with unless I'm doing a touch up, then I dab it on. It does control my shine very well so that late in the day it actually just looks like I have a nice healthy glow rather than oil on my face. Sometimes I set this with MAC Fix + after brushing it on and it looks wonderful like that too. I have heard people say that MAC clogs their pores but I haven't found that to be true.

on 2/16/2010 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I keep trying different pressed oil-control powders but always come back to Blot. I'm NC30-35 and use the Med-Dark. It's performance just can't be beat. For loose powder I like MUFE Super Mat #14 or Ben Nye Banana. I NEVER use the enclosed puff -- it's a bacteria magnet and a sure way to break out. I have a tiny BE kabuki that I carry in my bag and use instead.

on 2/16/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My HG blot powder. This product does exactly what it is supposed to do... it soaks up excess oils on my face. I'm NW25 and have tried other blot powders that left my face white/cakey/icky. This does not leave me white/cakey at all.

It has to be noted that this isn't really meant to prevent getting the oilies. However, it does a fantastic job of helping control the shine on my face if it gets out of hand.

How I use it:
*Use a blot paper such as Boscia Green Tea ones
*Use puff to roll blot powder onto face
*Use 187 to buff away excess powder

I have to reapply the blot powder a couple of times a day depending on the foundation I use. Most days I use MUFE HD #118 or Chanel Mat Lumiere.

I will continue to repurchase this because I haven't found anything else out there that works as well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

simply does what its supposed too ...all you need in the hot summer days! it last a long time ...so i recomend getting a refil of the sponge ....