April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep trying different pressed oil-control powders but always come back to Blot. I'm NC30-35 and use the Med-Dark. It's performance just can't be beat. For loose powder I like MUFE Super Mat #14 or Ben Nye Banana. I NEVER use the enclosed puff -- it's a bacteria magnet and a sure way to break out. I have a tiny BE kabuki that I carry in my bag and use instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My HG blot powder. This product does exactly what it is supposed to do... it soaks up excess oils on my face. I'm NW25 and have tried other blot powders that left my face white/cakey/icky. This does not leave me white/cakey at all.

It has to be noted that this isn't really meant to prevent getting the oilies. However, it does a fantastic job of helping control the shine on my face if it gets out of hand.

How I use it:
*Use a blot paper such as Boscia Green Tea ones
*Use puff to roll blot powder onto face
*Use 187 to buff away excess powder

I have to reapply the blot powder a couple of times a day depending on the foundation I use. Most days I use MUFE HD #118 or Chanel Mat Lumiere.

I will continue to repurchase this because I haven't found anything else out there that works as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Kandiefashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

simply does what its supposed too ...all you need in the hot summer days! it last a long time ...so i recomend getting a refil of the sponge ....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by roxy069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice blotting powder that helps control oil throughout the day. It can get cakey if you put too much on, but other than that, it makes your skin look fresh and matte. The packaging is nice for throwing into a purse. This was the first thing I purchased from MAC, and I like the silky application and the oil control. The color match doesn't have to be perfect because the powder is so sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Although I have used this powder for the last decade [on top of studio fix powder], I don't love it, it's just the best I've found, and better than wasting money trying a bunch of others that are terrible. I have really oily skin and although this powder does a fin just blotting, I don't feel like it does anything to prevent future blotting.

What I like: it doesn't pile up on the skin or cause other makeup to look cakey; it's as good as translucent even though it not called translucent anymore; I can use it 10 times a day; does a good job blotting oil and moisture

What I don't like: I probably do have to use it 10 times a day; I break the powder all the time or when it gets low and you can see the bottom it breaks on its own; doesn't "control" oil; it can get ruined by oil/moisture on the powder puff

My biggest peeve is that the powder gets ruined by the puff, and using a brush for quick touch ups and blotting is not practical, for a powder like this where the puff is going to pick up oil and moisture, the puff should really be stored under the powder. When the powder gets moisture in it I scrape off the top layer and that helps sometimes. I have also tried to see if I can get the powder into a studio fix compact with no luck. I'd love a recommendation on a really good blot/oil control powder where the puff isn't stored on the powder if anyone has one...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this blot powder! If you have a night-out & want a quite fix up on your oily-ness. This product is what you should use. It gives you that matte finish to your look, so you look freshen up once again. It is ofcourse better if you use it with a separate brush, but I prefer the little puff that comes with it because it's just easier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by beebop808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years and still absolutely love it. I use it to set my foundation and touch ups/blot through the day. It really helps to control the oil especially on that t-zone! Would purchase this forever and ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by geeLICIOUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, this is not designed for coverage. Repeat, NOT for coverage. Being an warm golden NC40, I opted for the Medium Dark. I suppose this could be a setting powder as well but since I wear Studio Fix powder foundation, I think starting the day off with both of them on actually clogs my pores.

I've been using this for the last couple of months and have been thoroughly satisfied with this product. The real trick to using the blot powder, in my experience, is that you should first pat away oil with a blotting sheet and then apply blot powder to keep all the shine minimal. On really good days, there's no shine at all. I often re-apply this mid-day in the office and have had great results. No zits or crazy breakouts!

My only real gripe with the compact is that unlike the Studio Fix compact, is that there is no separate enclsoure for the powder puff. I suggest you purchase a small travel brush or do what I do- flip the puff on its back to minimize powder contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by leonieexoxo

it definitely does absorb the oil on your face. im extremely oily on my t-zone and this blot powder keeps me oil free throughout the day. i only have to touch up twice during the day which is impressive!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Sabi2109

I'm in love with the blot powder!!!...On a day I don't feel like wearing layers of make up, I simply wear my concealer and powder on a thin layer of the blot powder.. makes my skin flawless and absorbs excessive oil.. have purchased it over and over the years... Even though the packaging is a bit crap because once it cracks, there's no solution to it, except to grind it into a powder... but overall, a great product!