November 28, 2014 | 1879 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For reference, I am NC 25-30, jet black hair.. got Cypress beige for 9 usd in Ulta. As a dry powder, it kinda looked off when i first put it. but when I wet the sponge it made my skin look flawless.

Packaging could be better but at least it has a mirror and for the price, i'd definitely buy again! Wish they'd have more shades to choose from though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by DiAni

I am so intensely thankful for MUA, because otherwise I would have never even considered picking this powder up.
At first I used W/D fdtn with the ELF flat top brush and buff it into my face. It lasted all day and provided light to medium coverage. The only thing was that it really emphasized my dry patches; and the color while matched my face nicely, was slightly more neutral compared to my neck. Then I tried the powder wet. I applied my moisturizer with a sponge, and then used the same sponge to apply the powder onto my skin. Perhaps the leftover moisturizer in the sponge made the powder creamier, but it blended so nicely into my skin. I get a super nice coverage, and this is when my skin reacted badly to a chemical I was working in lab at the time. It gave me this satiny matte finish, and you still can see my skin texture peeping through. Overall I was very pleased, even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my skin looked that day.
I am NC 25 -30 in MAC and I use Cypress Beige. Now the powder matches very nicely with both my face and my neck, probably because my skin can't keep a tan and I am getting paler. It also comes with a decent sponge for touch up and a nice mirror in a sturdy packaging, meaning that the powder won't shatter in my backpack. Yes and the powder doesn't break me out. I will buy the powder again when I am finish with this one :)

Edit 1/31/2013: Time for math!!! I am listing the price per ounces of several powder foundations that I have tried and why is this is a good choice if the moon and the stars align and the fdtn matches your skin color. All prices are calculated based on the brand websites or the websites of the store where I get them.

Palladio Wet/ Dry Foundation: $ 10.99/ 0.28 oz = $39.25/ oz
MAC Blot Powder: $ 25/ 0.40 oz = $59.52/ oz
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: $ 27/ 0.52 oz = $51.92/ oz
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural: $ 30/ 0.35 oz = $85.71/ oz
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: $34/ 0.35 oz = $97.14/ oz
Lorac POREperfection Bake Powder $33/ 0.32 = $103.13/ oz
Milani The Multitasker: $6.99/ 0.37 oz = $ 18.89/ oz

No, Palladio Wet/ Dry foundation is not the cheapest among DS fdtn, actually it is probably the most expensive one but for the coverage, finish and ease of using I think it is absolutely worthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Janina5309

The only time I found a better powder, was when I used a friends to cover up a scab I had and made it look almost invisible, but since the label on hers is worn off and she doesn't remember what it is, I bought Palladio.
This does accentuate wrinkles, however, it accentuates them much less than supposed "wrinkle minimizing" powders I've used. It doesn't accentuate fine lines really, but deeper lines, and if you have eye bags that are a bit lose and saggy it will accentuate those lines. This is the least wrinkle accentuating powder I have ever used. I never really used powders for this reason, except on T-Zones.
I do use this powder everywhere and it's awesome. It doesn't sit on those tiny hairs on the face like other powders do. But a huge bonus is that it minimizes pores! Even dry, it does have the capability of providing medium coverage, since it layers well. I use it on top of my Rimmel Colorstay foundation (medium coverage), and all together I have heavy coverage with a very minimal look!
Tip: For areas with wrinkles, I'll usually dab on water or a tiny amount of moisturizer with a q-tip on my wrinkles to "minimize" the look of them. It's seems to plump up or allow the make-up to settle naturally among them.
I wouldn't use this as the wet foundation on a daily basis. But I would for travelling (since the no-liquids rule! And to carry less). It does provide good coverage, it's just that my foundation stays better and provides better coverage.
BTW: I don't think this coverage will be smooth enough for people over 50, and some people over 40."

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by adriana29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great! ive been using it for a few months and i have very sensitive skin, it works wonders, no breakouts or redness, im a big fan of the rice powder too! its soothing, not to expensive and healthy for the skin full of natural ingredients. I havent tried it wet, but dry it has a good enough coverage. Have a lovely day and happy makeup exploring!.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by crg17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this at first because i thought it really helped with my oily skin, but after almost two months, it doesn't seem as good as it was. I thought it was a really good price but then i realized its like $10 for only .28 OZ. Youre better of getting the department store brand powders because they end up costing alot less and are better quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by MaggieBen

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by OneImperfectAngel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ladies DON'T BE FOOLED into thinking this is a DS item sold at Sally's/ulta for $10 because its really costing you $36---> WTH?!?! Its because this compact is ONLY = 0.28oz vs the average DS/HE foundation/powder that is almost ALWAYS =1.00 oz so to get the same amount ur essentially shelling out wayy more $$$.

For starters, I have normal to dry skin. I look to cover redness mainly, a zit or two & even out my complexion overall with foundations. I do not have acne/scars & still using this dry, gave me such sheer coverage as if I wore translucent powder only. Used wet, yes this covered everything & I was flawless for hrss!!!! Here comes the bad: CAKEY, even withoutt layering. I think the WET part of this foundation is meant for the sponge application to get ANY coverage, the DRY is what your left with--dry, cakey, powdery matte finish. So UN-natural & emphasized ALL my pores. Ofcourse all this was with me staring in the mirror; I checked indoors/outdoors, yellow/white lights, natural/car lights & yup same effects. A couple of feet away & dim lights could work but come on self satisfaction is important too! Why wear mu in the first place, if it isn't.

IF your still interested, for reference I'm NW20, Revlon CS-buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy-Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Maybelline Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural, Maybelline Matte Mousse-Classic Ivory & matched Palladio-LAUREL NUDE which has pink undertones & is probably best for normal-oily skin IMO.

13 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Good stuff with very buildable coverage!! This makeup offers good coverage without looking like a mask. The colors seem to blend nicely with your skin tone giving a soft natural look. Depending on how much you apply it can look a little powdery for about 1/2 hour before it melts into the skin. I have only used it wet and after a couple of hours i do need to powder but that is pretty typical of my skin. I love revlon colorstay makeup because it keeps me less oily but this is great too in that it looks more natural and is more versatile.