September 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Janina5309

The only time I found a better powder, was when I used a friends to cover up a scab I had and made it look almost invisible, but since the label on hers is worn off and she doesn't remember what it is, I bought Palladio.
This does accentuate wrinkles, however, it accentuates them much less than supposed "wrinkle minimizing" powders I've used. It doesn't accentuate fine lines really, but deeper lines, and if you have eye bags that are a bit lose and saggy it will accentuate those lines. This is the least wrinkle accentuating powder I have ever used. I never really used powders for this reason, except on T-Zones.
I do use this powder everywhere and it's awesome. It doesn't sit on those tiny hairs on the face like other powders do. But a huge bonus is that it minimizes pores! Even dry, it does have the capability of providing medium coverage, since it layers well. I use it on top of my Rimmel Colorstay foundation (medium coverage), and all together I have heavy coverage with a very minimal look!
Tip: For areas with wrinkles, I'll usually dab on water or a tiny amount of moisturizer with a q-tip on my wrinkles to "minimize" the look of them. It's seems to plump up or allow the make-up to settle naturally among them.
I wouldn't use this as the wet foundation on a daily basis. But I would for travelling (since the no-liquids rule! And to carry less). It does provide good coverage, it's just that my foundation stays better and provides better coverage.
BTW: I don't think this coverage will be smooth enough for people over 50, and some people over 40."

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by adriana29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great! ive been using it for a few months and i have very sensitive skin, it works wonders, no breakouts or redness, im a big fan of the rice powder too! its soothing, not to expensive and healthy for the skin full of natural ingredients. I havent tried it wet, but dry it has a good enough coverage. Have a lovely day and happy makeup exploring!.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by crg17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this at first because i thought it really helped with my oily skin, but after almost two months, it doesn't seem as good as it was. I thought it was a really good price but then i realized its like $10 for only .28 OZ. Youre better of getting the department store brand powders because they end up costing alot less and are better quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by MaggieBen

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by OneImperfectAngel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by adreanac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ladies DON'T BE FOOLED into thinking this is a DS item sold at Sally's/ulta for $10 because its really costing you $36---> WTH?!?! Its because this compact is ONLY = 0.28oz vs the average DS/HE foundation/powder that is almost ALWAYS =1.00 oz so to get the same amount ur essentially shelling out wayy more $$$.

For starters, I have normal to dry skin. I look to cover redness mainly, a zit or two & even out my complexion overall with foundations. I do not have acne/scars & still using this dry, gave me such sheer coverage as if I wore translucent powder only. Used wet, yes this covered everything & I was flawless for hrss!!!! Here comes the bad: CAKEY, even withoutt layering. I think the WET part of this foundation is meant for the sponge application to get ANY coverage, the DRY is what your left with--dry, cakey, powdery matte finish. So UN-natural & emphasized ALL my pores. Ofcourse all this was with me staring in the mirror; I checked indoors/outdoors, yellow/white lights, natural/car lights & yup same effects. A couple of feet away & dim lights could work but come on self satisfaction is important too! Why wear mu in the first place, if it isn't.

IF your still interested, for reference I'm NW20, Revlon CS-buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy-Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Maybelline Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural, Maybelline Matte Mousse-Classic Ivory & matched Palladio-LAUREL NUDE which has pink undertones & is probably best for normal-oily skin IMO.

13 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Good stuff with very buildable coverage!! This makeup offers good coverage without looking like a mask. The colors seem to blend nicely with your skin tone giving a soft natural look. Depending on how much you apply it can look a little powdery for about 1/2 hour before it melts into the skin. I have only used it wet and after a couple of hours i do need to powder but that is pretty typical of my skin. I love revlon colorstay makeup because it keeps me less oily but this is great too in that it looks more natural and is more versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

I really began to have doubts about this foundation when I applied it with the dampened sponge, the shade looked way too dark, but in about 5 minutes it miraculously matched my skin tone. I was looking for something to replace my Hello Flawless by Benefit, because its stupid expensive. This fit the bill, since I have oily skin and some dryness when I occasionally have a pimple or scar. Moisturize and prime before using this and you should get decent results. Coverage is pretty good, and you can build up the layers in areas. I used to use loreal liquid infallible and revlon colorstay, but I think the powder foundations look much more natural and dont melt. Find it at Ulta/ Sally for $10

UPDATE:: I also wanted to say that this passed the kissing test, my nose is usually the first place where it rubs off, but this stuff stayed on VERY well, the natural look is soooo much nicer than liquid foundations. I really dont know why I ever used anything but this! This is one of those products that anyone with oily skin SHOULD have. It really looks flawless like you arent wearing anything at all. BUY IT BUY IT you will not regret it if you are fed up with liquid foundation and have oily skin and need coverage

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No