Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 12/7/2011 9:43:00 AM

This would have been my go to foundation....better than MAC in my opinion, except ....my face broke out. I am soooo dissapointed. It covers awesome and my skin felt like silk. Tragic really.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really good wet/dry foundation. I am in between NC15-NC20 MAC, I got Lauren Nude 400 and it works perfect! Most dual powder foundations don't work this well! The surface of the powder never hardens when you use a damp sponge on it repeatedly, which is my first kudos. You get as much coverage applying this dry as you do when applying wet, so it's pretty impressive. I find the staying power, is obviously better when applying wet. It feels masky for a split second when applied damp, but this dries to a soft powdery, lightweight finish. When you apply this damp it appears a bit orange or pink for a few seconds, but it dries down so soft and blends into my neckline. This is full coverage, and looks great in natural lighting, & photos. Much better then the previous dual powder foundation I used in the past (Lancome) at a fraction of the price, without the stinky rose smell. This keeps me pretty matte all day, doesn't look cakey, doesn't have any weird smell. I have combo/oily /acne prone skin, my mom has normal/dry skin and we both can wear it with positive results. I did notice a few pimples in areas I normally don't get with this foundation, but it could be because I used the same sponge for 2 weeks without washing. I ordered this online from sallys, it was packed well, and cost like $8. I am so happy with the results, this is my first "natural rice" foundation as the compact says. Laurel Nude is a very flattering shade! In person, the boxes trick you with the powder's color. They have generic stickers that represents each color, and 3 boxes of the same color could have 3 very different undertones/colors on the sticker swatch. Don't go by the sticker, open up the box or get mua color recs. A must try. I don't even wear under eye concealer when I use this powder dry or wet. Full coverage for under $10 is a steal! 1 step product right here, and I love it!

on 12/6/2011 7:10:00 PM

For reference, I am NC 25-30, jet black hair.. got Cypress beige for 9 usd in Ulta. As a dry powder, it kinda looked off when i first put it. but when I wet the sponge it made my skin look flawless.

Packaging could be better but at least it has a mirror and for the price, i'd definitely buy again! Wish they'd have more shades to choose from though.

on 12/6/2011 1:23:00 AM

I am so intensely thankful for MUA, because otherwise I would have never even considered picking this powder up.
At first I used W/D fdtn with the ELF flat top brush and buff it into my face. It lasted all day and provided light to medium coverage. The only thing was that it really emphasized my dry patches; and the color while matched my face nicely, was slightly more neutral compared to my neck. Then I tried the powder wet. I applied my moisturizer with a sponge, and then used the same sponge to apply the powder onto my skin. Perhaps the leftover moisturizer in the sponge made the powder creamier, but it blended so nicely into my skin. I get a super nice coverage, and this is when my skin reacted badly to a chemical I was working in lab at the time. It gave me this satiny matte finish, and you still can see my skin texture peeping through. Overall I was very pleased, even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my skin looked that day.
I am NC 25 -30 in MAC and I use Cypress Beige. Now the powder matches very nicely with both my face and my neck, probably because my skin can't keep a tan and I am getting paler. It also comes with a decent sponge for touch up and a nice mirror in a sturdy packaging, meaning that the powder won't shatter in my backpack. Yes and the powder doesn't break me out. I will buy the powder again when I am finish with this one :)

Edit 1/31/2013: Time for math!!! I am listing the price per ounces of several powder foundations that I have tried and why is this is a good choice if the moon and the stars align and the fdtn matches your skin color. All prices are calculated based on the brand websites or the websites of the store where I get them.

Palladio Wet/ Dry Foundation: $ 10.99/ 0.28 oz = $39.25/ oz
MAC Blot Powder: $ 25/ 0.40 oz = $59.52/ oz
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: $ 27/ 0.52 oz = $51.92/ oz
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural: $ 30/ 0.35 oz = $85.71/ oz
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: $34/ 0.35 oz = $97.14/ oz
Lorac POREperfection Bake Powder $33/ 0.32 = $103.13/ oz
Milani The Multitasker: $6.99/ 0.37 oz = $ 18.89/ oz

No, Palladio Wet/ Dry foundation is not the cheapest among DS fdtn, actually it is probably the most expensive one but for the coverage, finish and ease of using I think it is absolutely worthy.

on 11/11/2011 11:12:00 AM

The only time I found a better powder, was when I used a friends to cover up a scab I had and made it look almost invisible, but since the label on hers is worn off and she doesn't remember what it is, I bought Palladio.
This does accentuate wrinkles, however, it accentuates them much less than supposed "wrinkle minimizing" powders I've used. It doesn't accentuate fine lines really, but deeper lines, and if you have eye bags that are a bit lose and saggy it will accentuate those lines. This is the least wrinkle accentuating powder I have ever used. I never really used powders for this reason, except on T-Zones.
I do use this powder everywhere and it's awesome. It doesn't sit on those tiny hairs on the face like other powders do. But a huge bonus is that it minimizes pores! Even dry, it does have the capability of providing medium coverage, since it layers well. I use it on top of my Rimmel Colorstay foundation (medium coverage), and all together I have heavy coverage with a very minimal look!
Tip: For areas with wrinkles, I'll usually dab on water or a tiny amount of moisturizer with a q-tip on my wrinkles to "minimize" the look of them. It's seems to plump up or allow the make-up to settle naturally among them.
I wouldn't use this as the wet foundation on a daily basis. But I would for travelling (since the no-liquids rule! And to carry less). It does provide good coverage, it's just that my foundation stays better and provides better coverage.
BTW: I don't think this coverage will be smooth enough for people over 50, and some people over 40."

on 11/7/2011 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great! ive been using it for a few months and i have very sensitive skin, it works wonders, no breakouts or redness, im a big fan of the rice powder too! its soothing, not to expensive and healthy for the skin full of natural ingredients. I havent tried it wet, but dry it has a good enough coverage. Have a lovely day and happy makeup exploring!.

on 10/26/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really liked this at first because i thought it really helped with my oily skin, but after almost two months, it doesn't seem as good as it was. I thought it was a really good price but then i realized its like $10 for only .28 OZ. Youre better of getting the department store brand powders because they end up costing alot less and are better quality.

on 10/16/2011 1:36:00 PM

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

on 10/10/2011 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!