April 21, 2014 | 1341 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lady Danger

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Pepelyashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it, I'd been wondering whether to start off with Russian Red or Lady Danger and I am overly happy I chose the latter. It lasts all day, and if it starts looking a bit too dry I just put on a tiny bit of red creamy( not glossy) gloss and it looks great. I also love the way it looks very bright during the day and a bit deeper red when it gets darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me just start off by saying, I'm pretty obsessed with orange lips right now. Had to stop in at MAC a while ago to get my Back2MAC gift, and ended up choosing this! What an awesome matte orange-red. Looks great on warmer skin tones. Its not a color for the timid as it is so bright, but if you're looking for an attention getting lipstick, this is it! MACs matte lipsticks tend to be a little drying so you may want to consider a little lip balm before hand if you're prone to chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by BrodyBerry

Love love love this! Bright, fun and sexy. It lights up my whole face when I wear it. A man even stopped me to ask me out because of this lipstick (he wasn't my type but at least I got asked out!!). Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lizzycurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

isn't pic number 5 the girl from Badgirls Club?!?! lol she was so obnoxious.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by lesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hello, perfect red lip! This is where you've been all my life?

I'm an NC20-25 (closer to 25 right now) Asian, and on recs went to check out Russian Red, Ruby Woo, and Lady Danger. The former turned a bit fuschia on me, which was my problem with Chanel Gabrielle.

Lady Danger was oh-so-perfect. The orange-red doesn't pull tomato, and instead brightens up my face beautifully. Applied full-on, it's the perfect classic red for my skin tone. Blotted on with fingers, and it creates a warm flush on my lips.

It is drying, but most mattes are. Take care to prep your lips well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by lazyjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tanned Asian skin and I love the pop Lady Danger has against my coloring. Well, it would pop against any coloring, I guess, but the orange tint in this red, rather than looking scary, just has a hip, modern edge to it. The florescent quality of it stands out, but in a good way as long as the rest of your face is relatively bare. I googled images of this lipstick before purchasing it and I think it looks good on all skin tones. A good red to add to a collection, even if you don't normally wear red.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by stepstotheleft

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this colour. It's a great red for my skin tone andnwarml reds like this can be hard to find. I found it a bit difficult to apply at first because of the matte consistency. A brush can help here. Once you get it on though, it stays on and doesn't bleed or feather much. Using the MAC Prep + Prime for Lips makes it a lot easier to apply. It can feel a little cakey on. I will definitely be repurchasing this as I love it now that I have worked out how to get it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ling_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on a red lipstick kick. Not just any red lipstick. Intense, warm, bombshell red lipstick. I admit to being sucked in by J. Crew's catalogs where they used a pop of color against a neutral palette. Glossy full color advertisement is not wasted on me. So when I found out that they used Lady Danger in one of their photo shoots, I made it a goal to hunt this lippie down. This is only available in the MAC stores and not at the counters (least not around here). I have a warm olive Asian skin tone (accentuated by a December stint in Maui) and this color is the bomb. I wore it out one evening while running errands and I can't believe how many compliments I got. I walked into a local makeup/beauty shop and was immediately attacked by SAs and customers all asking about the color. This is definitely going to be a staple for me. I can get away with wearing it as an everyday but gotta be careful to tone down the rest of your makeup lest "clown" comes to mind. Just a swipe of jet black mascara and eyeliner with the barest hint of a neutral blush should do the trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Leemadison9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

M.A.C's Lady Danger (Matte) is a good name for this extremely bold red-orange lipstick. Careful, on the wrong skin-tone and wrong makeup this lipstick can be dangerous indeed and not in a good way. This color lipstick is definitely not universal in my opinion. I can get away with it on a club night out, but it is not a everyday wearable red, like my Ruby Woo. Use sparingly.
Pros: long wearing, bright, matte
Cons: party or event lipstick only.

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Lady Danger, but I don't wear it enough year round to buy it over and over. So I wear a dupe with Revlon Fire & Ice. The Revlon is a cream, while LD is a matte, so they are slightly different in texture. Fire & Ice is an opaque cream however, and so you still get the incredible pigment with it. I've recently found several dupes for MAC's most famous lipsticks, and it turns out Revlon has had the majority of them in their line since the late 50's. Even though they were conservative back then, they wanted a killer lipstick. If I want a more subtle dupe. I wear Wet n Wild Cora-line lipstick in # 909D. It is a matte shade. Prestige lip liner in Poppy is an excellent match with it.