MAC Lady Danger

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Absolutely love this super red RED lipstick. It's definitely in your face bright red -- an orange red. I wore it out last night, and my confidence factor and sexiness was just amped up, for sure! The formulation is VERY long lasting, and even after dinner, when you have to reapply, it's not absolutely necessary. One could put some balm or gloss over top and still have a lot of pigment underneath. One of my faces!!!

on 7/20/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Absolutely fierce colour. I enjoy Lady Danger after being slightly underwhelmed by So Chaud. Lady Danger is a warm orange-y red that doesn't lean in a coral direction, just a punchy, old school red. So Chaud was just not as flattering on me for some reason. Lady Danger is more intense and vibrant. I like this colour for days when I just want to wear cat eye liner and mascara. This is one of the more comfortable mattes and I recommend it if you are feeling bold >:)

on 7/10/2012 11:51:00 AM

Now this is neon! It is NOT retro red or anything. It's bright!
A little drying but otherwise one of the best quality lipsticks of Mac. But this colour is not for the faint of heart.

on 5/28/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Straight off the bat, this is a VERY bright, in-your-face lipstick that WILL garner attention, so if you can't handle that, don't buy it! I, however, absolutely love it. I'm NW10, which is supposedly completely wrong for this lipstick, but I find that it looks incredibly striking. Most of MAC's matte lipsticks feel like pumice to me (cough, Ruby Woo, cough), but Lady Danger feels more like a satin: it's certainly not going to moisturize my lips, but it won't dry them out, either, and it applies smoothly as long as my lips are well-cared for. I like to press a thin layer in to my lips as a stain, then apply it full force, and it wears for absolute HOURS. It's so gorgeous, my friend went out and got one as soon as she saw me wearing it. It's not for the faint of heart, but for those of us who love a bold coral-red, it's at the top of the heap.

on 5/27/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have been in search for the perfect orangeish red forever. This is it! This is not for the faint hearted, it is ridiculously bright. So if you're not into the super duper bright lip, give this one a miss. I'm a NC40 and it looks gorgeous against my complexion. Lady danger is a matte finish but highly moisturising and has great staying power. I would definitely recommend this lipstick! So glad I stumbled across this gem.

on 5/21/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Lady Danger might just be my new favorite lipstick. I basically only own bright lipsticks, as I'm too lazy to fool around with complicated eye makeup for the daytime so a bright lip is my preferred face accessory. In the tube, Lady Danger is a full intensity, super vibrant orange-red. On my medium-tan (NC35 in MAC foundation) Asian skin, it translates as mostly bright orange with just enough red so that it's not a true orange. Because Lady Danger contains such a hefty dose of orange, those with cool undertones in their skin might want to try it on before purchasing. I much prefer matte lipsticks to glossy ones, so I loved this formula (while it doesn't add moisture to my lips, it doesn't draw out any either), but I can see how this could be drying to those who are used to creamier lipsticks. I always make sure to moisturize and exfoliate my lips before using Lady Danger for a smooth application. As a smoker, it's extremely important for my lipsticks to be long-wearing and not to fade unevenly, and Lady Danger fulfills both of those requirements--it doesn't start fading until the 5th hour after application! My favorite way to wear Lady Danger is with a bold brow, huge lashes, a wash of gold or bronze eyeshadow, and a peach or coral blush.

on 5/11/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This looks like an orange nightmare on me.
It definitely did not agree with my skin tone.
Make sure to try this on in-store before purchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the name, love the wear, love the color...oh heck, I love everything about this lipstick. Lady Danger is such a statement lipstick that it can almost be considered an accessory as much as a lipstick. On me this is a full on true orange, coral lipstick. There is red in it but on my lips it's almost orangey coral. I think this is due to almost zero pigmentation on my lips. This will brighten your whole look and it will have people stopping you and asking what lipstick you are wearing. Oh, and how I love saying "I'm wearing Lady Danger". I am having somewhat of a love affair with matte lipsticks. I normally never can wear this finish due to my super dry lips, but with the MAC Prep + Prime lip treatment, mattes have found a place in my heart. Just make sure to wear a lip balm over the primer and underneath the lipstick as mattes can be extra drying. Who wants to have cracked and dried looking lips with such a beautiful color such as this? Not me. Ladies you can also use this as a base to make your blushes last longer. I'm an oily girl who needs extra staying power when it comes to her makeup, and this just gives extra staying power. I'm soooo happy I met you Lady Danger :)

on 3/21/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you're obsessed with THAT color you know, the fashion-forward one that's featured in every J.Crew catalogue and runway model then this is for you. It's a very of-the-moment red-orange that's extremely bold (or sort of subtle, depending how you apply it). One swipe across my lips and the matte formula seriously pops. However, If you mix it with a little Carmex and apply with a brush, it's not as bold. I think it's flattering for most complexions and instantly adds a little "cool" to your look. It's so chic that Harper's Bazaar editor and street style icon Joanna Hillman has said she ONLY uses this color (Google her and you'll see how awesome it is).

on 2/17/2012 7:42:00 PM

Great shade, excellent for almost all complexions. This lip stick has great staying power and is a classic red with a hint of orange. I love that its matt as well.

A must have for everyones collection.

Recommended for Medium Skin