July 31, 2014 | 1384 users online

Loose Powders - Chantecaille - Loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2003 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bbetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a PPP who wants to stay that way; this powder in Light works very well for me. It has a finer consistency than the LM loose powder, never grainy looking. I'd thought it would have a more obvious luminosity about it than it does, although a lot of people have said I look "glowing" lately. I like the sleek silver packaging; it's an elegant addition to my vanity. Will buy this again, even at the $45 price, because loose powder lasts a long time. I use this with a BB blush brush instead of a powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2003 2:00:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Absolutely FANTASTIC! The powder is really fine quality and is so smooth and silky, not chalky at all. It applies naturally with a brush and keep sthe oilies at bay. "Shadow" looks pretty dark in the pot, but it suits my fair/medium skin tone really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2002 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ChillPPP

Not cakey or drying at all. I can't even tell I am wearing powder. I hated powder before this but this product converted me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2002 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous powder, particularly if you have normal or dry skin (it is not drying and doesn't highlight dry patches). It is very finely milled and goes on like silk, with either a puff (a high-quality, washable puff is included) or a brush. It makes skin look like velvet--just a beautiful finish. If you tend to be oily, it might not be absorbent enough for you--I use LM Translucent on my t-zone (when I need it), then the Chantecaille over all with a brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2002 1:12:00 PM More reviews by shannong

I have used this in both Light and Subtle, which is the one I have right now. I rarely wear foundation, so I am always eager to try the various brands of loose powder. This is the one I love the best for the winter months, as it is not drying at all and leaves my skin looking soft as silk. I also own LM and Paula Dorf, but this one has the highest quality in my opinion. The Light is rather, well, light with a mild yellow undertone, and the Subtle has more of a flesh tone to it. I would love to see the color range expanded in this product. I will be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2002 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this powder! Although generally I m not a powder using girl, but this I had to try. Usually I prefere the glowing look, so powder generally achieves the opposite, but not this one. Its kinda translucent and doesnt take away the glow of my foundation. Its very very fine and doesnt go on cakey or chalky and u will NOT look powdered. I will usually use it during day time or when its really hot, because for the evening I want that extra glow, and generally its better than the Shiseido, Kanebo,T Le Clerc, LM, BB, GA or Chanel IMO. It is talc free and does not irritate my dry/sensitive skin. Definite keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2002 6:07:00 PM More reviews by reija

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolutely the best loose powder I've ever tried. It is so fine and goes on my skin nicely. It kept the shine away from my combo skin for hours. It is talc free powder and compared to La Mer's powder the difference is like night and day. La Mer's loose powder's No.1 ingredient is talc. This will be the only loose powder I'll ever buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2001 2:43:00 PM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my staple loose powder. It is talc-free unlike many others and is incredibly finely milled. It leaves a soft natural finish that never looks overly matte or chalky or dry. Light is a good color match for my very pale skin. The best news -- no breakouts!! Definitely a rave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 4:17:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

A fabulous featherlight setting powder which comes in 3 shades to avoid the overpale 'flourbag' look of so-called translucent powder on medium or darker skins. Sets make-up perfectly whilst looking and feeling invisible. Best applied with a brush. The elegant and generously-sized silver-coloured container has a removable plastic sifter incorporated to prevent overapplication and accidents. The perfect setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2001 11:25:00 PM More reviews by dame_laura

Very light and makes my complexion look very smooth. Since I've used this with the Future Skin foundation I've been told by several people that my skin looks great and that I'm "glowing." I'll take it!