October 1, 2014 | 1952 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by zpirsig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG nude! This is one of only three lipsticks that I have worn down to the end, the other two being Trish McEvoy Geisha (discontinued) and one of the Rouge Pur's from YSL. It is the perfect peachy/pinky nude for PPPs. It is rather matte so I add a touch of Lancome Juicy Tube in Simmer and I'm off! So pretty and natural and sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 1:48:00 PM More reviews by diasphora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good lord, I love this lipstick. My first NARS lipstick ever. This is the ultimate color for me. NC 20-25, dark blonde hair, dark blue eyes. This is amazing. A little drying, yeah, but just keep alternating with lip balm. This color can't be missed for someone looking for the best peachy lipstick ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 12:54:00 AM More reviews by cristaline

Barbarella is a sheer pale apricot with a hint of pink. The formula is such that it allows for a creamy but still natural finish or the sheerest application that makes for a really natural and innocent look. Think Asian pop. It's a very cute color that goes well with my high contrast coloring -- very pale skin, dark hair, brown eyes, black eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 2:32:00 PM More reviews by SixLeggedCow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I've gotten hooked on neutral lipsticks, which sucks since I'm less PPP and more PASTY... I'd heard a lot of good things about this shade but was reluctant to try it because it's really pricey, probably the most expensive lippy I own. But it's absolutely perfect! The color isn't beige so much as really pale peach, and it's lovely. Texture is creamy and it lasts a long time. The packaging is nothing special, but it's solid so at least I don't have to worry about it breaking (Vincent Longo? I'm looking at you.) HG neutral lippy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2005 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jarjar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a sheer peach color without shimmer which appear as true peachy nude on my lips. I love this color and it is great to wear with any lipgloss. The texture is light and moisturizing without the Nars signature scent and I absolutely adore the packaging, so classy and unique that stands out in my lipsticks stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2005 10:16:00 AM More reviews by pinstripemafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been on an elusive hunt for flattering peach lip shades for so long I'm about to pull my hair out. Glosses and lipsticks, balms and tints, I've been trying it all. Many were either too orange, too sheer, or just plain unflattering. Barbarella is definitely an exception. Its a perfect peach that actually looks the same on my lips as it does in the tube. HALLELUJAH!!! The only drawback is that it is a little bit drying and the color is flat. This is an easy fix with a clear or sheer gloss slicked over it. A small price to pay for a peach that actually packs a punch! Its not a HG since it requires some extra work, but it'll definitely be a stand in until I find one...if ever.*sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2004 10:19:00 PM More reviews by dior_duchess

What first attracted me to this shade was the fact that I had nothing like it. It's kind of pink, but overall it's peach. This color actually is identical to my natural lip color, only a bit lighter, so when I put it on there is a subtle yet distinctive difference. The color isn't the only thing I love-- the sleek, moisturizing texture is great, as is the slight shine and staying power. The price ($22.50 US) is truly nothing to write home about, but I have no problem spending money on products I feel I couldn't have gotten similar for at a lower price. I would recommend this to *anyone*, it's an excellent every-day, girl-next-door color.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Lory79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh girls, I wanted to love it but I don't. The color is beautiful, a true peach but the formula is awful, it dries my lips like a desert, ok it's semi-matte but it looks on me like an extra-matte. Won't buy again since it's expensive and I don't like matte formulas.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2004 9:54:00 PM More reviews by the_hybrid

This lipstick was just 'okay.' Definitely NOT a HG. I personally didn't find it long-lasting at all, and the color was just average on my NC20 skin- I'm sure you could find something like this in much cheaper lines. As far as actual quality is concerned, however, I think it's got a nice texture, and if you can find a shade that suits you, check these out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 9:24:00 AM More reviews by TinaB

Another great peach lipstick from Nars. It's very similar to Napoli, but a bit brighter. Even though this is rather sheer, I find it works best as a stain. If I wear too much, it looks too bright and overdone. This matches well with coral blush.