April 17, 2014 | 1379 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this after reading wonderful reviews; However I found the product's smell too overpowering - as if I'd shampooed my hair with lotion and it left a greasy residue on my scalp. I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After a trip to the salon involving stripping, bleaching and more bleaching, my once black hair was left a yellow/orange colour. I left the salon in tears with very, very dry and damaged hair.
My hairdresser at the time suggested that I use Kerastase Bain de Force along with the Ciment Anti-Usure and handed over to me two shiny green bottles of hair heaven. I forked out roughly $60 (AUD) along with the ridiculous price I paid to for someone to ruin my hair.
After about a week of using Kerastase Resistance Bain de Force I was completely hooked! My once stiff and dry hair was showing signs of movement and was becoming healthy once again. By putting my hair through hell a few more times I finally managed the colour I wanted and within 4 months of using Kerastase Bain de Force (along with the Resistance line) my hair was healthly, smooth, soft and was back to it's original state.

I've been a user of Kerastase products for three years now, I very highly recommend their products.

Update: still using and loving this!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

So far so good with this shampoo. I like it more than the Bain Satin 2 shampoo that I used before. It makes my hair clean, not coated, and doesn't feel like it's stripped. I can comb my hair out easier whenever I use this shampoo. It's definitely worth the money. I am using it in conjunction with the Ciment Usure conditioner. Kerastase products are tops in my opinion. I just came off the whole sulfate avoidance kick because I seriously believe that they use detergents that are even more damaging instead of just using sodium laureth sulfate---plus they oftentimes use sodium c-14-16 olefin sulfonate which is terribly strong. My hair felt more stripped using Enjoy's Sulfate Free than this shampoo from Kerastase. I am glad that I am back to using Kerastase. Definitely worth the $$$$$.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by heather22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree that Kerastase products work best when used it conjuction with each other. My hair was as damaged as it gets, from bleaching and harsh London water. If you have hair that specifically needs repairing and strengthening, I recommend using this shampoo in conjuction with a weekly at home Kerastase Forcintense treatment, and on the days that you must blow dry use Kerastase Ciment Thermique. You will also need a conditioner after using this shampoo, I have been using Kerastase Nutritave Lait but am thinking of switching to something more moisturising. I recommend using all these products first to strengthen your hair, then once the condition is repaired you can turn to more cosmetic/moisturing products. Its not an over night (or cheap) process but it really works!! Like I said, I followed this routine because my hair is damaged, if your hair is not so weak or ruined then maybe you would be better off with different Kerastase products than the ones I mentioned.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by daniargie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great shampoo for damaged and fine hair. It strenghtens the hair and makes it feel stronger and thicker. I dont think its very nourishing tho, still I love it, at least for my hair type. I use this together with ciment anti usure which improves the texture of my damaged long locks. Happy with this.

Update: I quit using this until I felt my hair was in better condition. I dyed my hair again and I felt it needed some of this since my ends were having more breakage. Whats amazing about this shampoo and conditioner is that I DONT SEE A HAIR COMING OFF MY HEAD WHEN I COMB IT! Thats pretty impressive. Also, no breakage at all!
I still use this 2 a week or so (I wash my hair everyday and its waist long so I need some antibreakage protection) and I use Bain Satin 2 with different moisturizing treatments-conditioners on my other washes.
If your hair has been ruined by dyes or heat, you should go for this without a doubt! At least til your hair condition improves.

Update: This shampoo, after trying lots, is my favourite shampoo. Im giving one more lippie :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by culebra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this shampoo for years. It leaves your hair in great condition. I do not use a conditioner and I like the smoothing qualities. If my hair is very dirty, I do not use to wash my hair. I use Aveda detoxifier to remove residue from product build up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

I have been using this shampoo for around 4 years, since my stylist recommended it to me for my fine/damaged hair. I love it! It has completely transformed my hair, alongside ciment anti usure conditioner my hair is now stronger and silky soft! It even feels thicker as I have much less breakage than before. Love the smell too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Aphrodite84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!!! This is simply the best shampoo I have ever tried! I can literally feel it washing the strength back into my hair, about a month ago my hair began to feel really thin and lifeless, I also noticed more and more was falling out, after reading reviews on here I decided to get this and I am so glad I did! My hair feels thicker, stronger, and much softer, and all this plus volume at the roots - it's a miracle! Traditionally I have always gone for ultra moisturising shampoos, instead of rebuilding shampoos, but this rebuilding one is definitely the dog's doodahs and I will be sticking with it from now on!
P.S - Try with the Ciment Thermique for extra results!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product makes my hair look stringy and greasy at the roots. I can't see any kind of miracle with it at all. The ends of my hair feel dry. What's the point of having 'strong' hair if the texture looks worse. I much prefer their other shampoos to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! one the best what i've tried in my short life. once again WOW!!